Black Widow | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Black Widow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bourne meets Atomic Blonde with all the usual Marvel sensibilities.

Also, that logo is insanely cool.

A 2018 model would’ve came out in 2017 so that fits the timeline of between Civil War and Infinity War.

Yeah the first half of the trailer looked like a bourne Movie.

Reactions: Nick
I know this is a prequel, but I think there's a chance Natasha's sister plays into the future of the MCU in a meaningful way, making this an important movie in the end. Much like how Kate Bishop will take over the mantle of Hawkeye, Belova could take over the mantle of the Black Widow. That's what happens in the comics at least.

Reactions: CTank
Probably in the next week or 2, or at the latest first week of April when it’s clear things aren’t changing. Likely taking the Eternals slot

Believe it or not I've only just watched the trailer for this, looks amazing!
I'd say there is almost zero chance of it coming out on May 1 now but when it does come out I'll definitely go see it.

Once things start to get back to normal people are going to need a little escapism, I'd say the late summer and winter box office 'could' be record breaking.

I think what ends up happening is a lot of films get pushed back to 2021, whether that’s current ones delayed or late 2020 released get pushed to early/mid 2021. Remember, production is not only stopping on many Marvel projects but it is stopping for many other studios as well. They’re going to need slots to fill. Not all, but I think in some instances we see shifts from major studios. It’s gonna be a packed July - onwards though, I fear for indies trying to get wide releases. Assuming things are running back relatively normal by then

Reactions: Jamesh22
I think the most interesting part of this is what a release date move does to Disney +'s slate.

They were lining up certain shows...like WandaVision and Loki to play in conjunction or shortly before certain films like Doctor Strange to tie in certain elements. That coupled with the platform hurting from delays....just curious to see how things get pushed.

I think some things will end up going to D+, the profits just won't be coming back to movies in theaters until at least the end of the summer when people feel more comfortable to return to their normal lives. Even then, competition will be heavy, $$ will naturally be lost, I don't see the harm in putting a film like The New Mutants on something like D+. At this point id just think the potential losses are inevitable and they could really ramp up their subscribers numbers during this time.

I think some things will end up going to D+, the profits just won't be coming back to movies in theaters until at least the end of the summer when people feel more comfortable to return to their normal lives. Even then, competition will be heavy, $$ will naturally be lost, I don't see the harm in putting a film like The New Mutants on something like D+. At this point id just think the potential losses are inevitable and they could really ramp up their subscribers numbers during this time.
I think New Mutants definitely goes to Disney+....but Black Widow? I think it would be a "pay to watch" situation if it even goes digital. That movie cost around $130-$150 I believe....they can't afford to take that loss unnecessarily with the parks and studio system being in shambles right now.

I think New Mutants definitely goes to Disney+....but Black Widow? I think it would be a "pay to watch" situation if it even goes digital. That movie cost around $130-$150 I believe....they can't afford to take that loss unnecessarily with the parks and studio system being in shambles right now.
Oh I agree, Black Widow was definitely never going to be a D+ thing. But something like New Mutants? Antlers? D+ I think is best. Best way to gain any profits possible during this time. Black Widow is a potential $1 billion dollar film however so ya thats not leaving theaters. The other 2 were never going to get close to that

Reactions: HalfGlass
Oh I agree, Black Widow was definitely never going to be a D+ thing. But something like New Mutants? Antlers? D+ I think is best. Best way to gain any profits possible during this time. Black Widow is a potential $1 billion dollar film however so ya thats not leaving theaters. The other 2 were never going to get close to that
I think Antlers goes to Hulu (it's rated R), but yeah, 100%.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I've actually heard that Balfe's been quietly on board since late February.

Not a huge Balfe fan, but he's serviceable for this subject matter. Would have been very interested to hear what Desplat was coming up with, though.

I've actually heard that Balfe's been quietly on board since late February.

Not a huge Balfe fan, but he's serviceable for this subject matter. Would have been very interested to hear what Desplat was coming up with, though.
Did you hear his Mission Impossible Fallout score? Possibly the best of the entire series. I'm excited about this! He does action/espionage compositions well.

Reactions: belloq87
And if the film is delayed anyways, they have time for this. So hyped about this potential score though, the action scenes in this film look absolutely insane.