Blackfish (The Tillikum Documentary) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Blackfish (The Tillikum Documentary)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious as to how big of crowds this movie is going to attract...

While I have great interest in the subject, I wouldn't see it ONLY because I couldn't handle it. I adore my cat, but I have to change the channel when the abused animals commercial comes on. I just cannot take it.

I once asked a keeper (who was taking notes at the AK gorilla exhibit) how they could tell if the gorillas were happy or suffering depression etc. Her answer really surprised me in that she said, "We can't."

So I've checked now and I found out that the movie is also currently playing at the DtD theaters.

...I hope I'm not the only one that finds that hilarious. :lol: Well played, Disney.

I am very big on animal conservation, especially whales and dolphins, etc... But before they go after Sea World, I think they need to go after the Miami Seaquariem. I really feel bad for that whale, it's trapped In a pool the size of the pool in my backyard... :'(

I just watched an hour and a half of the film. All Orcas in captivity should be released to their deaths or euthanized and none should ever ever be enslaved again. While some mammals can adapt, these creatures cannot, ever adapt to the worlds we try to create for them. We cannot recreate the trillions of acres of the great oceans of the world, and that is where they live, and they need all of it to survive and thrive.

I watched the documentary last night. I've been Team SeaWorld for a long time but it did make me pretty sad. It wasn't shocking... killer whales kill.. and the job of a whale trainer is a huge risk. But it does make me want to support the company a little less. I think they can focus on the sea and conversation theme for the sake of the theme parks but without sacrificing the well-being of the animals.

Just watched it. It was really good, but it doesn't warrant a boycott against SeaWorld or "Free Tilly". Seems like people are ignoring about the MILLIONS of dollars SeaWorld puts into conservation and countless animals they rescue. If you boycott SeaWorld and they go under, your doing more harm than good. And the fact that this has only happened a handful of times is amazing. 1 attack every million trainer/whale interaction is pretty good. I play with my dog all the time, and sometimes when he is hiding under the bed and I try to get him out, he bites. I'm not about to set him free or never pet him again.

Shame on Anybody who has anything against Sea World after a horribly made documentary by fired , angered workers. And you call yourself theme park fans lol.

Just assuming if someone applies to a job getting in a tank with a killer whale, or any animal out of a natural habitat, they'd understand and have personally accepted the risk of being, well killed. But Sea World's the bad guy? laughable....typical media watching society I suppose.

Shame on Anybody who has anything against Sea World after a horribly made documentary by fired , angered workers. And you call yourself theme park fans lol.

Just assuming if someone applies to a job getting in a tank with a killer whale, or any animal out of a natural habitat, they'd understand and have personally accepted the risk of being, well killed. But Sea World's the bad guy? laughable....typical media watching society I suppose.

I could care less about the humans that work at SeaWorld. The point of the film is to say that we shouldn't be enslaving such an intelligent species in a world that humans cannot recreate successfully, ever ever ever.

Last edited:
If they couldn't adapt, there would be a lot more attacks. They would never be happy, which just by watching these guys you can tell they are, just by their mannerisms. This is one incident after decades of interaction, and they are just using it to speak for the company as a whole. And if they are trying to represent Seaworld as a whole, why are they ignoring all the conservation, rescue, and rehabilitation efforts Seaworld does? Most animals they have return to the wild, and the ones that don't CAN NOT, they are too hurt. Everyone knows Winter the dolphin and loves that story, but talk bad about Seaworld the company that made it happen. If you want some good information without a blind bias, check out seaworldcares.com

They would never be happy, which just by watching these guys you can tell they are, just by their mannerisms.

This is like saying that African slaves were happy because they did what they were told and sang songs in the field. There is a big difference between accepting ones situation and being independent and free.

This is like saying that African slaves were happy because they did what they were told and sang songs in the field. There is a big difference between accepting ones situation and being independent and free.

You are comparing humans to fish? A well raised kid won't one day randomly go psycho on his parents, yet there are stories of dogs attacking their owners after they have been the best pets their entire lives. Tilikum did have a bad life, and that was why he was an aggressive animal. Seaworld didn't do this to him, and none of the whales Seaworld has raised in their care have done the same. Was it a questionable decision to take in Tikilum? it could be argued so, but they did it to give him a better life, just like they do for all of their animals.