Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings
Colonial-era villagers begin to worship the moon obsessively. When the blood moon rises at their fall festival, they take it as a sign that they must hunt down any non-followers within their village. Guests will need to try not to become part of the sacrifice as they gather body parts to form a grisly offering in “Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings.”

From the podcast:

In it's simplest form, this is a colonial kill cult. So, we're going back in colonial times and this group is basically praising the bloodmoon and their harvest in this little colonial town isn't doing well. And they've seen people kind of die off because they haven't had enough food to feed the town. And there's this one group of people that are kind of praising the bloodmoon and when the bloodmoon rises, their edict is to kill all that don't follow them. So, in our house the bloodmoon has risen and the killing has begun.

I have to say this original peaks my interest the most. Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes for it. It’s a cult house that could be fun but it never worked well before.

“ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!!”

Reactions: Ahmanet
Wonder if they’ll have a moon hanging overhead that you can see throughout the house or something. They had something like that in Carnival Graveyard but it was a hanging sign and you could see it throughout the house in different scenes.

I get strong Roanoke vibes, I have a feeling this might be the dark horse this year.

From the podcast:

In it's simplest form, this is a colonial kill cult. So, we're going back in colonial times and this group is basically praising the bloodmoon and their harvest in this little colonial town isn't doing well. And they've seen people kind of die off because they haven't had enough food to feed the town. And there's this one group of people that are kind of praising the bloodmoon and when the bloodmoon rises, their edict is to kill all that don't follow them. So, in our house the bloodmoon has risen and the killing has begun.

I have to say this original peaks my interest the most. Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes for it. It’s a cult house that could be fun but it never worked well before.

“ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!!”

It sounds like the Wendigo house we had before. I never liked that wendigo house.
And this sounds like the witch house from last year. We'll have to see. .....

@Brian G. you said that now that announcements have been made you can answer more questions. My question is, does this house have some sort of twist or special scare tactics we are not being told about?

It just seems fairly generic on paper.

Reactions: SeventyOne
@Brian G. you said that now that announcements have been made you can answer more questions. My question is, does this house have some sort of twist or special scare tactics we are not being told about?

It just seems fairly generic on paper.
I try to clear up the air on spec to offer some clarification on the last year. I don’t answer things that are yet to come. Just gonna have to see come Sept 1.

I'm all for the gore, but I would like to know what separates this concept from American Horror Story: Roanoke.
That’s pretty much where I am at too.

Or our Roanoke house, as another example.

When it was being called an ode to Midsommar, I was interested and curious how they would make that work/translate.

It’s not a hard and fast rule, but in general I find that simpler stories like this end up in the tents, not the soundstages.

The plot offered just seems so one note (especially for a soundstage), that I have to imagine there’s SOMETHING we are not being told.

Or maybe the sets are just large.

If they created an open concept layout with a whole town that we wind our way through, that would definitely qualify as unique.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Spec thread: "The event is becoming too family friendly, we need more gore houses"

Also the spec thread: "This gore house is too generic"

The UC team: :)

That’s pretty much where I am at too.

Or our Roanoke house, as another example.

When it was being called an ode to Midsommar, I was interested and curious how they would make that work/translate.

It’s not a hard and fast rule, but in general I find that simpler stories like this end up in the tents, not the soundstages.

The plot offered just seems so one note (especially for a soundstage), that I have to imagine there’s SOMETHING we are not being told.

Or maybe the sets are just large.

If they created an open concept layout with a whole town that we wind our way through, that would definitely qualify as unique.
Personally I just found wendigo very repetitive and it didn't have as much variety. On paper it sounded great, but it was like Roanoke for the entire house. Roanoke being part of a bigger house was fine, it was only part of it,
But with wendigo I remember the rooms looked similar to each other and the scares and costumes were just okay. It felt repetitive

But, this could end up being the best original house. I guess my point is that I hope there's a lot of variety in the sets and costumes.

From what I'm gathering (and hoping for), I think this house could be an "A24 tribute" with a mix of Midsommar and VVitch vibes. We'll go through the town with many kill scenes but at the end I think we'll end up at some large gory sacrificial altar. A blood red moon would also give some interesting chances to play with lighting making it very dark with an ominous red tone throughout

From what I'm gathering (and hoping for), I think this house could be an "A24 tribute" with a mix of Midsommar and VVitch vibes. We'll go through the town with many kill scenes but at the end I think we'll end up at some large gory sacrificial altar. A blood red moon would also give some interesting chances to play with lighting making it very dark with an ominous red tone throughout
If that's the case, I'm going to need the attic scene from Beau is Afraid...

Wow that's really really Interesting. I see it.
There's a lot they can do.

All I'm saying is that would be a good way to build hype for a haunt that arguably most people have been "meh" about since the announcement