Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes and no, you gotta remember too as far as architecture is concerned, besides the Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer, there isn't much else noteworthy coming out of Brazil except giant groups of people, and their money.

Luckily they also have one of the greatest and most beautiful natural wonders in the Amazon Rainforest and the Amazon River.

And I'd hardly call Norway the most breathtaking architectural country in the world, and they have a successful pavilion.

Creative design ca do wonders with any inspiration.

Yes and no, you gotta remember too as far as architecture is concerned, besides the Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer, there isn't much else noteworthy coming out of Brazil except giant groups of people, and their money.

What about Rio de Janeiro, the location of the Christ statue, the Carnival event, Sugarloaf Mountain, etc? There's definitely enough to do with Brazil for a new land/country.

Not likely to happen. Anything could but I just don't see this being a focus for EPCOT right now.

Tons more needs fixing, entire pavilions...like Imagination.

Luckily they also have one of the greatest and most beautiful natural wonders in the Amazon Rainforest and the Amazon River.

And I'd hardly call Norway the most breathtaking architectural country in the world, and they have a successful pavilion.

Creative design ca do wonders with any inspiration.
Norway has several very unique a beautiful architectures styles, many of which are present in the pavilion. Brazil's does have good architecture, but most all of it is modern, which doesn't belong in World Showcase what so ever, as World Show Case features more an older feel of the countries.

Really if Disney were to build a Brazil themed area, Animal Kingdom would be the place to do it. The Amazon Rain Forest would fit there... and maybe... just maybe... an Indiana Jones ride :pray:

Not likely to happen. Anything could but I just don't see this being a focus for EPCOT right now.

Tons more needs fixing, entire pavilions...like Imagination.

I completely disagree. WS has basically been the same for 30 years. Very little, aside from restaurants have been changed. If a pavilion with an E-ticket was added, it could help spread guests out during the day, rather than have them packed near Soarin and Test Track.

Norway has several very unique a beautiful architectures styles, many of which are present in the pavilion. Brazil's does have good architecture, but most all of it is modern, which doesn't belong in World Showcase what so ever, as World Show Case features more an older feel of the countries.

France, UK, and Canada are all pretty contemporary representations of their countries.

Really if Disney were to build a Brazil themed area, Animal Kingdom would be the place to do it. The Amazon Rain Forest would fit there... and maybe... just maybe... an Indiana Jones ride :pray:

Indy doesn't really fit the theme or the point of DAK, though. His place should be in Adventureland.

I never said the countries did not needed freshening up Jungleskip, that is a whole other story, but that just furthers the point of the entire World showcase needs work before they should add more countries with shopping and dining. There are many countries who have just films, and even more who don't even have that going for them. You do not need to add an entire country for an E-ticket.

Not retheme a country, but add a ride in a country. For example, Germany..which 30 years later has still not received the ride it was planned to have. I would rather see the money go into a great experience attraction rather than get an entire country with restaurants and one small attraction.

Although technically not set in Brazil, I'd be all for this if they could use it as an excuse to flagship it with an E-Ticket "Up" attraction.

Yeah there are plenty more countries that could be done, other than Brazil that could have unique theming and shopping/food. I think Greece would be perfect... or Egypt too.

Keep pixar out of WS!

Agreed, no to that, the ONLY reason why the 3 caballeros get a pass in Mexico is because it fits the theme perfectly.

--- Update ---

I completely disagree. WS has basically been the same for 30 years. Very little, aside from restaurants have been changed. If a pavilion with an E-ticket was added, it could help spread guests out during the day, rather than have them packed near Soarin and Test Track.

France, UK, and Canada are all pretty contemporary representations of their countries.

Indy doesn't really fit the theme or the point of DAK, though. His place should be in Adventureland.

Yes and No, Canada may be a bit more modernish, but it still has the old style feel. And for England and France it has a more classical feel to it even though it is a bit modern as well. None of the countries though feature any modern or futuristic architecture and that is what WS is about. You say that Brazil has the rainforest, but where in WS are any of the pavilions decoracted with foliage? The point is to bring in a style unique to that country along with the food, drinks, and vibe that surround it. I'm sure anything involving Brazil would be more partyish, but I doubt they will have a topless beach there either :lol:

Brazil architecurally doesn't fit in with the theme of the essence of WS.... Russia, Greece, and Spain (would be perfect with the Gotti gothic churches and such) would all be more fitting choices to replace the empty space that is an ice cream shop in between Germany and China.

And for everyone asking for a spruce up of the countries, I honestly don't think they need one. WS is not about attractions, its about getting a taste of each county and having the essence there, not about rides.

Now yes I wouldn't mind another attraction at the far end of WS to help spread out crowds anymore, but my fave thing to do in WS is to walk around, take in the enviroment, and enjoy my day.

Brazil would be fine with a new attraction, and a rainforest attraction would be great. Hey what a great spot to plug in another rainforest cafe restaurant, I'm joking! Sorry, World Showcase bores the hell out of me and IMO it needs another ride already. And I agree, take the ride out of Norway and I'm passing right on by that pavilion. Except the smell of that cologne, god I love that stuff, I'd probably go still for that, ha ha. Point is, Brazil yes, attraction yes.

I find with the WS I can go around it once on my trip and then I'm not that fussed afterwards its mostly the attractions at Epcot which entertain me the most. I did really like the England showcase though :p And I welcome any new countries added would like to see what they do with Brazil.

I'm apposed to Brazil coming to the World Showcase.. (from my first impressions though), but I would love a restaurant like Texas De Brazil to be there if Brazil was coming. Mmmm...

It's not perfect, no. But any addition to WS at this point is a good one. If WDW worried about having every ride perfect before they added more, nothing new would ever be done. Most of the attractions that are empty in Epcot are empty for reasons besides not wanting to fix them or a lack of ideas.