Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes and no, you gotta remember too as far as architecture is concerned, besides the Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer, there isn't much else noteworthy coming out of Brazil except giant groups of people, and their money.

Google Brasilia or Oscar Niemeyer. They built the capitol city from scratch in the late 50's and features some of the finest examples of modern architecture in the West. Imagine am exhibit or restaurant inside a recreation of the Catedral, it would be breathtaking. Between Rip, Brasilia and the rainforest, I think there's plenty to make a visually stunning pavilion. Any rides/attractions, though, and I have no idea. Something in the rainforest, probably.

catedral-brasilia.jpg

Brasilia+Cathedral+interior.jpg

congresso-nacional-brasilia-df.jpg

Brasilia-Supreme-court.jpg

^ As I said before, Modern style doesn't belong in World Show Case. Modern and Futuristic styles belong in Future World. Just think of it, Mexico has and Aztec/ Mayan temple, America has a Colonial style, and Japan has a classic Japanese style. Brazil does have very nice architecture as far as Modern goes, but it just doesn't belong in World Showcase.

This is the reason I don't what Brazil.

Not retheme a country, but add a ride in a country. For example, Germany..which 30 years later has still not received the ride it was planned to have. I would rather see the money go into a great experience attraction rather than get an entire country with restaurants and one small attraction.

What ride was that? I never knew about that?

Go over to Animal Kingdom then. :lol:

In all fairness, that's really only half a land. Besides, Magic Kingdom has Liberty Square and Main Street USA, yet there's still an American pavilion at Epcot. And then there's Tomorrowland, which is pretty much the exact same theme as Epcot's Future World. :shrug:

Personally I think India would be a much better choice than Brazil, at least for the sake of freshness. It as a country really has no similarities to any of the current pavilions.

In all fairness, that's really only half a land. Besides, Magic Kingdom has Liberty Square and Main Street USA, yet there's still an American pavilion at Epcot. And then there's Tomorrowland, which is pretty much the exact same theme as Epcot's Future World. :shrug:

Personally I think India would be a much better choice than Brazil, at least for the sake of freshness. It as a country really has no similarities to any of the current pavilions.

I see your point about the similarities but I would have to say those are exceptions.

1. Liberty Square and the American Pavilion do share the same style architecture, and essentially do share similar styles attractions about history. That said, you can't have a World Showcase without America considering how Disney emphasized patriotism so I understand why it's been doubled up. Main St USA does have USA in it's name, however it is based on Walt Disney's hometown in Missouri. So while it may be a part of American History, it's purpose is not for guests to experience American History.

2. Tomorrowland and Future World are entirely different, even more so now with cartoons taking over Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is about the fantasy of tomorrow, whereas Future World is about the possibilities and reality of today/tomorrow.

India already has several attractions, food spots and is well represented in Animal Kingdom. You also travel down one of it's rivers in the Jungle Cruise. Greece, Spain, and Russia have nothing represented in the Orlando parks. Those are definitely more fresher than India.

Greece has, however loosely, Journey to Atlantis and the Lost City portion of the Lost Continent.

Brazil is also part of the Jungle Cruise, so...

Hmm I know there's Mummy put Egypt is not anywhere is Orlando. I'd rather see that than Brazil.

Greece has, however loosely, Journey to Atlantis and the Lost City portion of the Lost Continent.

Brazil is also part of the Jungle Cruise, so...

Hmm I know there's Mummy put Egypt is not anywhere is Orlando. I'd rather see that than Brazil.

Egypt is over at BGT. May not be Orlando, but it's close enough.

And I meant Orlando parks as in Disney's parks.

Ok so the owner of the site snaps when I ask a serious question. I don't understand what you meant. You said Orlando at first but then said just Disney.

I apologize, your post came off as a sarcastic one. I was trying to clarify my original post of saying "Orlando parks" as meaning "Disney's Orlando parks". I think it's extremely understood that Disney is referred to as being in the Orlando area, even though technically it's in Lake Buena Vista.

Ok I thought by saying Orlando you meant al the parks. I didn't thin about BG actually. While we're on this topic, I do think something not seen in any of the parks would be the best choice. (Trouble is that doesn't leave much to choose from.) Although for some reason I don't think Brazil would be it. Personal preference I guess.

There are 2 attractions at AK which are loosely themed to India, and as far as I know 0 restaurants.
I'm pretty sure the Jungle Cruise river is the Mekong which is not in India, and the temple design seems to be based on Angkor Wat, in Cambodia. There is a lot more potential for India, IMO. Especially for restaurants as it is a very popular cuisine that is different from any that are already there.

Greece and Spain would make great pavilions, but I don't want to see anymore European countries added. They are already overrepresented and adding another would just be overkill, IMO. I would like to see them diversify and add a country that is in a completely different region from the ones already represented. Russia is a start. India would be my first choice, a Pacific island country like Indonesia would be my second, with Russia and Australia tying for third.

There are 2 attractions at AK which are loosely themed to India, and as far as I know 0 restaurants.
I'm pretty sure the Jungle Cruise river is the Mekong which is not in India, and the temple design seems to be based on Angkor Wat, in Cambodia. There is a lot more potential for India, IMO. Especially for restaurants as it is a very popular cuisine that is different from any that are already there.

You are correct. It is Mekong. My bad.