Broken Ride Effects | Inside Universal Forums

Broken Ride Effects

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

sjago13

V.I.P. Member
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee
I want to start a thread that keeps track of ride effects that are currently broken or not operating properly. So as you lovely and attractive people go to the parks, report back and I will keep a table in the OP. And as well, if anyone notices a broken effect listed now works report that as well.

Last edited:
This should be a pretty interesting thread, I expect to see quite a few items in there from JP, MiB, and Mummy soon too.

Are we going to have one of these for Disney too? It could just be any ride you want to go on at that point in time :p

After years of not really working, a lot of the storm drains and things are now talking again in MSHI! Check out the one right behind the Spiderman Exit store next time you're there.

I've noticed there seems to be a problem with the hadrosaurus on JP (not sure if that's the right name). It feels very different than it did a few years ago and I have noticed on multiple occasions when it's been down (which is always laughable cause that leaves no explanation as to why we go "off course")... Idk if it currently counts as broken but it's definitely had consistent problems.

I've noticed there seems to be a problem with the hadrosaurus on JP (not sure if that's the right name). It feels very different than it did a few years ago and I have noticed on multiple occasions when it's been down (which is always laughable cause that leaves no explanation as to why we go "off course")... Idk if it currently counts as broken but it's definitely had consistent problems.

Even since the refurb? Damn... that thing poping up is one of the better parts of the ride.

That dinosaur STILL isn't fixed? Unacceptable. It was broken in January, just stuck in the stationary upright position. Looked terrible.

Hadrosaur worked fine last Thursday, but all of the Dinos with working eyelids (Brachiosaurs, Stegos) had their eyes closed. Jumping raptor isn't working. Gate still opened (miss that C-Clamp) and even the sparks were working.

The Brachiosaur's eyes were shut yesterday, but the Stegos' eyes were opening and closing (they were making loud clicking noises though whenever they blinked.)

On ET when you cross that pond on his home planet, the splash and noise when you hit the water were not working.

What is the point of this dumb thread? Do you think Universal checks it every morning to find out what effects aren't working? Or is just to write something on the internet for no reason at all?

I think its pretty cool, to keep track of what isn't working how long and what its been fixed with.

The only possible flaw to this thread is that at this moment it doesn't have enough people checking on these items to give an accurate time frame of when did the effect stopped working/started working again. If more people take on the responsibility to actively check for these errors and confirming if they're working or not, we may have a better structure.

This thread is great. Please keep it going. Its very valuable. As long as we keep updating the first post, so that way it would always be an easy place to come and see what currently is working tip top shape and what isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfGlass
It's a dumb topic with no point and no useable information. Should we create one for light bulbs too! That way everyone will know which light bulbs have burnt out and plan their trip accordingly!

It's a dumb topic with no point and no useable information. Should we create one for light bulbs too! That way everyone will know which light bulbs have burnt out and plan their trip accordingly!

Since when is knowing the state of an effect on an attraction is useless? It informs people before they go to the park and could avoid disappointment and anger when they ride the attraction.

Your opinion is your opinion. Your sarcasm and unnecessary insulting is exactly that...unnecessary. You can dislike the topic all that you want but being a troll amidst people who have a genuine interest in keeping track of these things is a waste of your breath and my time. If you don't like it feel free to find your way out of it and be a productive member of the forums elsewhere. I may not be a moderator or staff but being a long time (though relatively silent nowadays) member has shown me that people like you and comments like yours do no good to any style of conversation.
So, maintain your opinion but just because you can voice it doesn't mean you should.

That was condescending!!! You can disagree with a stance but when you attack someone on a personal level than it's you that's the troll. My comments were directed at the topic but yours were directed at me!

But still no one has been able to tell me why any of this information is useful? The yeti hasn't worked in almost a decade and you would still ride it. If Imhotep didn't come out you would still find the Mummy thrilling! What is the point of this discussion?

Last edited:
That was condescending (edit comment)!!!! But still no one has been able to tell me why any of this information is useful? The yeti hasn't worked in almost a decade and you would still ride it. If Imhotep didn't come out you would still find the Mummy thrilling! What is the point of this discussion?

Because it is fun for some users to offer input and for others to read about. It is also a great catchall for attractions that may not have a thread on here.

That said:

:focus:

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
Nevermind.

I for one will enjoy following this thread. As one who doesn't get the chance to visit often anymore it's fun to keep up with what breaks down and the technicalities behind it to make them work again.