BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BTTF: THE RIDE VS. THE SIMPSONS RIDE

• Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 40 29.2%

• Total voters
Okay, okay, I got it. If Kong goes next to JP in IoA then they can transform San Fran to Hill Valley and Disaster to a whole new BttF ride. And oh yes, you will not be missing San Fran too long, we could get a whole new one next to MiB for Starfleet Academy.

Ah man, I would DIE if that happened. :happy: My life would then be complete.

I was thinking maybe they can do a bttf day and run the ride in one of the 2 simulators (DM or Simpsons). Or, this might be expensive but maybe they can setup a temporary simulator in one of the sound stages.

Still not a big fan of the Simpsons Ride (It's a good, fun ride but I still miss my 8 passenger flying Deloreans), but I do LOVE the new Springfield area.

Just thinking out loud, how difficult/costly would it be to have a Back to the Future day on the existing Simpsons ride? I know they'd have to replace the film, and I read someone on HTF's twitter state that they would have to redo the motion as well. Not to mention, you'd have to replace one of the Simpsons cars with a Delorean. I guess it would be asking too much, huh? :'(

Just thinking out loud, how difficult/costly would it be to have a Back to the Future day on the existing Simpsons ride? I know they'd have to replace the film, and I read someone on HTF's twitter state that they would have to redo the motion as well. Not to mention, you'd have to replace one of the Simpsons cars with a Delorean. I guess it would be asking too much, huh? :'(

That is probably wishful thinking at best, though I wouldn't be surprised if Universal does some kind of thing at the parks for BTTF come 2015. Even something simple would suffice.

Remember there is more than one car per ride. There are two screens, each screen is for half of the cars that "ride" all at once.

But aside from the cars, IDK if there is enough demand to support the costs of getting the video and motion ready.

I don't think Universal is gonna pull a Captain EO here, and just putting the BttF film inside a Simpsons shell would be really strange. Wasn't it some big anniversary for the ET movie not long ago? And I don't think they even had special merch for that and the ride is still in place. I really doubt they'd have a BttF pop-up event in the Simpsons ride. If they even acknowledge the special BttF date, I would guess it might be like a "limited time magic" level thing. Maybe a Special M&G by the train and the Delorean, or special merch, or a special feature before/after CineSpec.

I say forget the old ride...build us a BTTF launch coaster!

Lol, I agree. I think it would be pretty neat to combine the proposed enhanced motion roller coaster platform from Gringotts and launch sections into a new BTTF ride. The launch sections for the time traveling portions and the motion platforms for cruising through the different time periods. I'd ride it.

Loving the ideas!

Back to the Future may be a 28 year old franchise, but it's still very relevant and popular. It's referenced often...and has become an 80's icon. It's one of those franchises that I think should always remain represented in Universal.

As much as I'd love a new bttf ride, I think that the original ride was just too great. It would have to be something spectacular. I honestly think the ride turned me into the ride enthusiast I am today.

just curious other legal, the motion base, and video format, is it possible to run the bttf video in there?

I don't think Universal is gonna pull a Captain EO here, and just putting the BttF film inside a Simpsons shell would be really strange. Wasn't it some big anniversary for the ET movie not long ago? And I don't think they even had special merch for that and the ride is still in place. I really doubt they'd have a BttF pop-up event in the Simpsons ride. If they even acknowledge the special BttF date, I would guess it might be like a "limited time magic" level thing. Maybe a Special M&G by the train and the Delorean, or special merch, or a special feature before/after CineSpec.

ET was 30 last year and I didn't notice anything.
When ET was 20 they painted the roof of the ride at Hollywood so you could see it from the upper lot down to the lower lot but I believe that was mainly to promote the 20th anniversary DVD.... You know the one with cgi ET and no guns and Michael dressed up as a hippy!

I voted Back to the Future for 2 reasons:-

1) It's my favourite movie
2) It was the original!

I first rode Simpsons in 2010, having known what BTTF was like, so I was hoping for a good replacement as BTTF was one of my faves in the park due to it being my fave film. What we got, was an upgrade rather than a whole new concept. I was so disappointed that Simpsons was basically BTTF with a paint job! I know it's probably a lot to ask, but it's exactly the same! So for me, the change was unnecessary, as the Simpsons has since been taken over by Family Guy anyway!

Because I loved BTTF, the Simpsons is a decent upgrade, but I wished they weren't so cheap and changed it entirely as it is now just a paint job rather than a new ride.