BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BTTF: THE RIDE VS. THE SIMPSONS RIDE

• Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 40 29.2%

• Total voters
Surely the people in charge at USF read forums like this, and can very CLEARLY see that it's not just a small bunch of BTTF fans that are more sided with the Back To The Future Ride? It was made properly, and gave you a real sense of that Universal 'Movie Magic'. Walking into the park with the dramatic theme tune playing getting you pumped for a blast through time NEVER got boring. From the amazing pre ride footage, to the smaller details like listening to 'Back In Time' as you exit the ride, it was just perfect. A few simulator tweaks/maintenance and it would have been fine.

I honestly think a new BTTF ride in 2015 would be a humongous attraction for Universal and bring some real faith back. They could sell Nike Air Mags in the park and generate huge revenue from that also. I just can't see how they wouldn't

There's a page on Facebook actually. Maybe if enough join it can grab their attention a bit? There's hundreds of thousands of BTTF fans out there, if every one signed a petition, they would have to consider it!

https://www.facebook.com/BackToTheFutureRide2015

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the Future definitely for me. It just had more creativity and charm behind it, everything about it was thought out very well. The guests truly had the chance to experience "Back to the Future Part IV"...but with them in Marty McFly's role. Everything worked out so well. You really felt that you were a part of the story. The moment you boarded the DeLorean was just pure magic, it was sitting right there for you, mysterious looking, but it was ready just for you.

I'm not saying The Simpsons Ride is a bad ride, I just don't think it has that same kind of thought and creativity that Back to the Future: The Ride had.

What Lee said!

I know this would never happen, but I was thinking how awesome it would be if there was a new BTTF ride in the style of Spiderman/Transformers, with the RV themed to the DeLorean. The possibilities are endless.

They should have "Limited Time Magic" and run Back to the Future once in a blue moon. I'm not sure if it would that easily but it would be great if they pulled it off.

Why would they waste their time doing that? That means they would have to shut down the simpsons twice for a good amount of time to install the program.

I would think that they could just use minion mayhem and throw something together... no major changes and just keep it for a week or so. Maybe it can be something like Limited Time Magic.

Eh, I grew up post-BTTF. Never seen the films. Rode the ride once when I was a kid, didn't care much for it. I had zero care for the brand, and it had no benefit of nostalgia for me.

As for the Simpsons.... well, I am a MAJOR Simpsons fan. I used to frequent Simpsons fans boards, had all the video sets and then DVD sets, saw the movie on opening, owned all the games, had Simpsons bedding, etc. Simpsons is to me, what Krusty is to Bart. Obviously, post season-8 the show hit a huge decline in quality, and is now, frankly, a terrible zombie-facade of what it used to be. It looks (sorta) like Simpsons, it sounds (sorta) like Simpsons, but that's about as far as the show goes.... the characters are no longer in-character, the plots are desperate, and the humour and writing is zero.

To give you an idea of what my Simpsons fandom was like..... I was able to name the episode, writer, director, season, just from a quote. Seasons 4-7, in particular, I must have watched at least 100 times each. Every day, in the evenings I'd have the show just playing in the background while I did everything else.

Anyways, so I had zero attachment to BTTF, and massive attachment to TS. Clearly, I voted TS. TS is one of my favourite attractions in Orlando before I even get on the ride: the queue is just that damned enjoyable for me.

I had never bought theme park merch before my first ride... Kwik E Mart broke me out of that spell.

I'm going to be in the minority, but I don't care for either. Plus, they are for all purposes the same ride with different queues and ride show. Simpsons has a bigger fan draw, so I know why Universal did it, but they both give me the same experience so it didn't bother me much. I think they should've gone for a new experience with Simpsons.

On thing that would be good to see, is in 2015 they could run the BTTF ride program on select rides. That is if they even still have the film and ride profile, just as a little shout out to the 2nd film.

I'd die if they made a a reboot ride (ala Kong). I think a reboot of the movie could be cool as well. You could have a teen from 2015 go back in time to meet their parents from 1985. Gotta still keep the delorean though.

I'd die if they made a a reboot ride (ala Kong). I think a reboot of the movie could be cool as well. You could have a teen from 2015 go back in time to meet their parents from 1985. Gotta still keep the delorean though.
A reboot would be horrible and be a bigger train crash than the one at the end of the third film.

A reboot would be horrible and be a bigger train crash than the one at the end of the third film.

Perhaps, but I could definitely see a continuation of the story rather than a remake (a la Terminator Salvation) doing pretty well and being good. It could be set in any time period involving the same characters and could be pretty fun--and if it did well, maybe BttF would increase its presence in the park which is always a :thumbs:

I voted Simpsons primarily because of what it's done for the area around it. Ride alone, I still miss BTTF and it's quirky charm.

I wish for the anniversary of the day Marty Mcfly went to the future, that somehow Universal could replace the Simpsons film with the BTTF film, just for the fans. I know its not possible, just dreaming.

Why isn't it possibile?

Many things are possible, but it would be highly unlikely. Especially now that Springfield has shown to be so successful and profitable, I doubt BttF will come back to Simpsons ever again. I honestly never thought Kong--or any of the removed IPs--would come back, but hey, if they want it, they can make it happen. So, in fairness, BttF could come back in some shape or form, I just don't see it taking over Simpsons, even for a day.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Okay, okay, I got it. If Kong goes next to JP in IoA then they can transform San Fran to Hill Valley and Disaster to a whole new BttF ride. And oh yes, you will not be missing San Fran too long, we could get a whole new one next to MiB for Starfleet Academy.