Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I stayed we would walk the path to the Pacific ballroom entrance,
then to the boat dock at RPR. took about 6 minutes from our room
(Castaway).This way would be the quickest, once they open the road back up again.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Just looking at prices for Cabana for a week in Sept, just to look you know ;) And they are obv doing some sort of promotion here in the UK as the first selected option is Courtyard Family Suite Standard but if i want to go for a standard room 2 queen it actually costs £75 more, as it is only me a suite would be a bit much but with the deal they have going on its a cheaper option than going for a standard room !

Just looking at prices for Cabana for a week in Sept, just to look you know ;) And they are obv doing some sort of promotion here in the UK as the first selected option is Courtyard Family Suite Standard but if i want to go for a standard room 2 queen it actually costs £75 more, as it is only me a suite would be a bit much but with the deal they have going on its a cheaper option than going for a standard room !

Better room in my opinion as well, quieter and larger with the microwave and mini kitchen.

Who are you looking at booking it through?

Why the VH hate ? I have never had a bad holiday with them, I always book mine through them tbh.

It's a long story but I have quite a few air miles and when I tried to use them to upgrade my seats through Virgin Holidays, it's working out just as cheap to pay for the upgrade than pay to change the seat class and use miles plus the extra taxes.

The plus side is that I can use air miles as vouchers for virgin holidays.

The really bad side is that for the same price I've paid through Virgin Holidays, if I had went through Virgin Atlantic for the flights, I could be traveling premium going out and upper coming back but only going economy now.

Anyone know if the breakfast promo from last fall will be coming back?

That was a great deal. Allowed up to $13 pp. We always went a little over getting a water or snack to bring to the park or for the room. No Bay for me this year as our HHN trip will include lodging at Disney. Gonna miss The Bay.

Reactions: Scott W.
Ahh that ole chestnut, seat pricing can be ridiculous sometimes

The funny thing is, I was pretty happy with the deal I got. Looking into it has put a slight dampener on things and I'm now not sure if I should use the miles for vouchers or hold off for another trip and use the miles for an upgrade. The really annoying thing though was phoning, I think I was on the phone for over 4 hours over 4 phone calls for what should have been a simple request.

Anyhow, I think this is the most excited I've been for a trip to Orlando in a long time.

When are you going in September? I'll be there 9th to 24th.

I was really just looking as I am not sure I can afford it atm, was looking at going from 11th to 18th, never stayed at a Universal hotel and thought Cabana would be a good place to start for a just Uni holiday.

It's a long story but I have quite a few air miles and when I tried to use them to upgrade my seats through Virgin Holidays, it's working out just as cheap to pay for the upgrade than pay to change the seat class and use miles plus the extra taxes.

The plus side is that I can use air miles as vouchers for virgin holidays.

The really bad side is that for the same price I've paid through Virgin Holidays, if I had went through Virgin Atlantic for the flights, I could be traveling premium going out and upper coming back but only going economy now.

Have you ever looked at Travel City Direct, Virgin's sister company? Same flights and hotel but usually cheaper. I rarely book a package but have used TCD to book a CBBR package before and it was a good feww hundred quid cheaper than using Virgin holidays.

The funny thing is, I was pretty happy with the deal I got. Looking into it has put a slight dampener on things and I'm now not sure if I should use the miles for vouchers or hold off for another trip and use the miles for an upgrade. The really annoying thing though was phoning, I think I was on the phone for over 4 hours over 4 phone calls for what should have been a simple request.

Anyhow, I think this is the most excited I've been for a trip to Orlando in a long time.

When are you going in September? I'll be there 9th to 24th.

My golden rule, once booked don't look at prices again. I've never had any joy with miles, think you need a hell of a lot to make it work, they also expire so building up a decent amount is nigh on impossible, even if you do go as much as we do. Not heard of using miles as vouchers before though.

I was really just looking as I am not sure I can afford it atm, was looking at going from 11th to 18th, never stayed at a Universal hotel and thought Cabana would be a good place to start for a just Uni holiday.

Staying at Cabana Bay for the first time on this trip is probably what has me most excited.

Have you ever looked at Travel City Direct, Virgin's sister company? Same flights and hotel but usually cheaper. I rarely book a package but have used TCD to book a CBBR package before and it was a good feww hundred quid cheaper than using Virgin holidays.

My golden rule, once booked don't look at prices again. I've never had any joy with miles, think you need a hell of a lot to make it work, they also expire so building up a decent amount is nigh on impossible, even if you do go as much as we do. Not heard of using miles as vouchers before though.

I've looked at prices it's about £400 more now for the same trip but I can't help myself but look.

It's 10,000 miles for a £50 voucher. This actually caused a huge argument when I booked as I had no plans on upgrading my seats, just using the vouchers. I'll usually book a trip about a month before I go so I'm used to paying the full amount at once. Since I booked up about 9months before the trip, I could pay a deposit and then pay the rest later but I didn't know this at the time. So when I phoned to book and said I had miles to convert to vouchers, the woman on the phone said that I could book the holiday and then use the vouchers later. I said I wanted to use the vouchers for this trip not realising I was only paying a deposit. This went back and forth for 10mins and almost turned into a screaming match before I realised what was happening. :bonk:

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Damn why are Premium Economy seats so expensive in Sept :(, I am sure they were not that expensive when I went last year at around the same time.