Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The one time I thought I convinced my family to walk...turns out we ended up taking one of those rickshaws to RP and then walking from there.

Too bad they don't want to walk... it is lovely at UOR.

Universal has rickshaws??? Does anyone have a picture? Having been there many times I can't figure out why I never saw them.

Marty: When you arrive to check in you have to pull into one of the valet spots by the lobby entrance door and you leave your keys with the attendant. Once you go into the lobby, check in & get your room card with the parking option, then you just get back into your car &self park wherever you can, closest to your room. The hotel is almost always 100% booked on weekends, so try not to arrive too late in the day, which makes it hard to find a close parking spot. If you're doing a suite I would suggest you get one in the main hotel area. It's nicer, the pool area is larger and more kid oriented, plus closer to the walking path.

Just how bad is the parking?

I've always ended up in the building that faces the new resort. It's super easy to get to everything and even with construction parking was easy. Maybe things have changed since construction picked up.

And I've never had a problem parking in that front loop thingy - I have people park there to meet up after work during the grad bash events since getting into the garages was a pain.

Reactions: Scott W.
Parking's easy but it does get tight later on Saturday nights since the hotel is nearly always at 100% occupancy on weekends. Check in is easy. As I said earlier, just park in one of the valet spots on the loop, give your keys to the valet, go inside, check in, get your room/parking pass card. Go back out, get in your car and drive to the parking lot entrance that's about 50 yards from the lobby entrance. But, keep in mind, after 6:30 PM on Sat., the vacant spaces become harder to find.

Reactions: Scott W.
Parking's easy but it does get tight later on Saturday nights since the hotel is nearly always at 100% occupancy on weekends. Check in is easy. As I said earlier, just park in one of the valet spots on the loop, give your keys to the valet, go inside, check in, get your room/parking pass card. Go back out, get in your car and drive to the parking lot entrance that's about 50 yards from the lobby entrance. But, keep in mind, after 6:30 PM on Sat., the vacant spaces become harder to find.

Are we talking about the same loop? The one around the marquee spike? Cuz I've parked there a lot and never seen a valet.

Are you sure you're not giving your car keys to random people?

That's good. I'm hoping to arrive pretty quick. The only benefit of flying from Glasgow is that you arrive first since a lot of flights leave the UK at the same time. The reasoning being that they can have buses ready to take people to the hotels from multiple flights but all done by the same company. since I have a car, I can get going pretty quick and not have to wait for the other flights to arrive.

When is the multi story car park planned to be open?

That's good. I'm hoping to arrive pretty quick. The only benefit of flying from Glasgow is that you arrive first since a lot of flights leave the UK at the same time. The reasoning being that they can have buses ready to take people to the hotels from multiple flights but all done by the same company. since I have a car, I can get going pretty quick and not have to wait for the other flights to arrive.

When is the multi story car park planned to be open?

As long as you don't get a crazy long wait at the hire car desks, I've had done rough times waiting there. Learnt my lesson and signed up for express with the hire companies.

Are we talking about the same loop? The one around the marquee spike? Cuz I've parked there a lot and never seen a valet.

Are you sure you're not giving your car keys to random people?
Once you get to the entrance loop, when you ask the employees in that unload area, they direct you to pull into one of the vacant spots marked Valet. The Valets come over to hold your keys until you return from checking in. I would imagine they don't want people pulling into those spots & disappearing on them for a while.

Too bad they don't want to walk... it is lovely at UOR.

Universal has rickshaws??? Does anyone have a picture? Having been there many times I can't figure out why I never saw them.

I get to walk sometimes..they will walk from the HR pool :)

I have gotten them to walk a couple of times from RP and I do agree it is truly lovely at UOR

Last time I stayed, I'm pretty sure the hotel was full, but we were staying in one of the motel styled buildings...there was plenty of parking (by Kong/the walk way gate and I was able to park very close to the room.

Of the times I have stayed at CBBR, parking seemed tougher around the towers, but not so bad around the motel buildings..I kind of like the motels a little better, but the tower by Volcano Bay does have that elevator that lets out right by the quick serve place.

Yes, they are everywhere at the hotel resort pathway areas. They are very polite & low key though. They don't hassle people to ride with them. No fee, just good healthy tips.

Yeah, my family will take these. From talking to the drivers, it sounds like they rent the bike from the company that someone posted and then they work for the tips...always a nice ride and a decent conversation.

Once you get to the entrance loop, when you ask the employees in that unload area, they direct you to pull into one of the vacant spots marked Valet. The Valets come over to hold your keys until you return from checking in. I would imagine they don't want people pulling into those spots & disappearing on them for a while.

Weird. That's what I've always done without incident. Guess things changed.

Yeah, when we last stayed here (FEB of this year), things had changed from any of my prior stays. I had turned in prior to the loop that takes you up to the lobby thinking that the small parking lot was still for check in parking, but it was blocked off for valet. I had to swing back around, take the loop proper, I was then told I could use one of the spots up front, leave someone with the car or give the keys to one of the valets....check in was a breeze, but things had changed from my prior visits.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yes, when I was there in 2014 it was like you said, but they had changed it to the valet spaces when I went there in May. Actually it was easier with the new set up during crowded check in times since no one was hogging up spaces while they were somewhere other than check in.

Staying here in August for the first time. What's the best strategy in terms of getting to the parks? Is the walkway a viable option in terms of distance, and how are the shuttles? I know I could just google this stuff, but I trust the judgement of the folks here.

I've done both, pro for walking is you avoid the apocalypse line for security at the garages. Pro for bus is they're air conditioned and there's rarely a wait for one.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Just curious... Would it be possibly faster/more more efficient when Saphirre opens to walk there and then catch the water taxi?
It's probably going to depend how the path hooks up, or doesn't hook up with Sapphire, If there's no way to walk off, short of into the Sapphire entrance, & even then, it could be a long detour. I would guess we'll know more once everything is done.