Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

For anyone who doesn't want to wait...

74 mph forwards
101 mph backwards to a 420ft spike (obviously you won't go that high since it's a spike)
120 mph forwards

3 trains

They're touting something more reliable with a higher capacity, but considering all the downtime the Wild Mouse has had this year...good luck with that...

While I still would have preferred a layout change, this will be an improvement if Zamperla can pull it off. The ride will hit 100 mph or more at least twice with a drop of 300+ feet and 420 feet. I question leaving the dragster nose cone on the coaster as it seems like pieces have a tendency of flying off but hopefully that doesn't happen.

You know, I've been on Dragster a few times and the height never got me. Going backwards straight up this spike and then staring down as the train pauses is going to be a little different. People may need to wear their brown pants to ride.
Yeah, I think the selling point of all these Intamin top hat coasters has been the sustained intensity of the launch. The drop tower Six Flags built on the back of Kingda Ka remains the most scared I’ve been on a thrill ride. I’ll be curious to see if this, in any way, replicates that.

You know, I've been on Dragster a few times and the height never got me. Going backwards straight up this spike and then staring down as the train pauses is going to be a little different. People may need to wear their brown pants to ride.
Except a ride like this has existed for years at SFMM: Superman. In fact, when you think about it, they're literally just building Superman but with Zamperla trains.

Except a ride like this has existed for years at SFMM: Superman. In fact, when you think about it, they're literally just building Superman but with Zamperla trains.
I think Superman having a very, very soft launch that never gets all that high up the tower changes the vibe. And that's really only when you consider the backwards launch version, which is not necessarily the primary version of the attraction.

Rides that don’t have a complete circuit always sketch me out, but I think that’s just because I launched one too many trains off the track in the old Rollercoaster Tycoon days…