Cedar Point | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ That would really suck for SFM if true. But it would prove a theory I've had since the merger. That the new management wont be gun shy about moving projects around, especially if it benefits CF legacy parks.

Reactions: chris.g
Just announced: Siren's Curse Vekoma Tilt Coaster coming in 2025:

Have a feeling this was relocated from Six Flags Mexico when they ran into government resistance. This also seems like a last minute addition, probably to make up for TT2 being such a cluster and pissing off passholders.

Wasn't expecting this! Really exciting addition.

Have a feeling this was relocated from Six Flags Mexico when they ran into government resistance. This also seems like a last minute addition, probably to make up for TT2 being such a cluster and pissing off passholders.
This thing confuses me. It looks like a last-minute addition, but they are moving the perimeter road and removing the stage in front of Iron Dragon. With those moves it makes me think it couldn't be that last minute. This addition also screams six flags as there is no beautification of the area like all recent Cedar Fair additions. They don't even have a nice entrance or non-generic station shown. It just looks like it was plopped down and connected to the path. Reminds me of playing RCT or Planet Coaster, drop down a ride and quickly attach it to the path.

^ That would really suck for SFM if true. But it would prove a theory I've had since the merger. That the new management wont be gun shy about moving projects around, especially if it benefits CF legacy parks.
I don’t see it as “favoritism” for the legacy CF parks as much as an opportunity where they couldn’t build at SFM and needed something at CP after a dismal year of TT2 disappointment. I almost wonder if TT2 is just not happening…

This addition also screams six flags as there is no beautification of the area like all recent Cedar Fair additions.

I got some news for you that this is more classic CF than you think lol

Layout looks like a blast, but I don't really understand the appeal of the "tilt track." Might be one of those things you gotta experience to get.

I mean it gets a thrill out of everyone on Gringotts.

I hadn't heard anything aside from someone on YouTube last week making a comment about a new coaster. So, this must be the best secret Cedar Fair has kept in a long time. The one thing that seems even more last minute is that they typically would have had footers being poured already. Given the Point's location, they have to get moving quickly before wintertime slams in.

I think that the layout looks pretty nice. Regarding the "tilt track", I think that the process of tipping forward until you are facing straight down and being held there is going to add some excitement not found on a standard lift. It is probably on par with a dive coaster in that respect but maybe a little more time spent facing straight down. Hopefully, it is smooth and stays smooth. I will probably be way off but I could see this coaster not opening until June 2025.

I got some news for you that this is more classic CF than you think lol

Agreed. CF seems to have a weird prejudice against trees and a preference for wide open ride areas. I understand keeping a ride envelope clear but they really go overboard. I look at some of the prettiest parks (eg. BGW, Efteling, and others) and they have shade and rides that go through the trees.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Not to be this guy, but is Cedar Fair that much different than Six Flags from a design perspective? Outside of maybe some theming in the station and minor prop work in the queue... Cedar Fair doesn't really like to add trees or foliage either. Maybe a tad better than SF, but not by any significant margin.

Considering this was originally meant for Energylandia, wouldn't surprise me if this was a last minute decision and they didn't have enough time to design props/aesthetics for the attraction just yet.

Reactions: SkiBum
Gonna be honest, don’t think this bodes well into how I saw the CF/ SF merger changing things
It’s too early to know if this is a one off or any kind of pattern we can read into. It seems to me SFM couldn’t get approval to build it so they made a last minute shift to CP. I’m guessing they must have had a BAD season without TT2 and felt like the park needed a boost next season.

I hadn't heard anything aside from someone on YouTube last week making a comment about a new coaster. So, this must be the best secret Cedar Fair has kept in a long time. The one thing that seems even more last minute is that they typically would have had footers being poured already. Given the Point's location, they have to get moving quickly before wintertime slams in.

I think that the layout looks pretty nice. Regarding the "tilt track", I think that the process of tipping forward until you are facing straight down and being held there is going to add some excitement not found on a standard lift. It is probably on par with a dive coaster in that respect but maybe a little more time spent facing straight down. Hopefully, it is smooth and stays smooth. I will probably be way off but I could see this coaster not opening until June 2025.

The PR says opening early Summer 25, so I'd say June/July is their plan. They'll need to reroute the road before they do any major site prep, so definitely not opening with the park in the Spring.

Reactions: SkiBum