Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Character Meet and Greet

The parade at Universal Studios Singapore just went through more changes, including a new theme song and what looks like new choreography! I haven't seen the parade with its newest changes, but here's a video on Youtube I found:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cG-bb9ZBO78?feature=oembed
I do like some of the new choreography, especially the Jurassic Park segment. I'm assuming it's new, as I've not seen that choreography before. The music is definitely different though. The parade can definitely do better, and sometimes I wish they would add in some elements from the Orlando parade and maybe the street party from USH as well. However, it's nice to see changes being made consistently, and in a mostly good way. While many characters (O'Connells, Ardeth Bay, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula) were cut from the parade, I look forward to more additions in the future.

This is a bit of small news, but it looks like Shrek has an updated costume.

Here's the old versus the new:

20337535895_c4e097859a.jpg

20328467892_04c268e307.jpg

I remember back in 2012 when they still had Charlie Chaplin walking around. Saw him in the Simpsons Ride Plaza near the starway. they really should theme the front gate to the golden age of Hollywood and movies so we can have the marx brothers, maybe even the three stooges and charlie chaplin back. perfect place to keep dracula and Frankenstein as well.

This is a bit of small news, but it looks like Shrek has an updated costume.

Here's the old versus the new:

20337535895_c4e097859a.jpg

20328467892_04c268e307.jpg
At first look, I thought the new one didn't look like Shrek, but I went to look for more pictures and it actually looks pretty good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope everyone is ok with this, but I wanted to update the list of Universal Singapore characters as there have been some changes yet again.

• Marilyn Monroe (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Betty Boop (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Charlie Chaplin (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Beetlejuice (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Frankenstein's Monster (Hollywood)
  • Woody Woodpecker and Winnie Woodpecker (Hollywood)
  • Minions (Kevin, Stuart, Bob) (Hollywood)
  • Madagascar Characters - Alex, Gloria, King Julien, Penguins (after Madagascar Boogie! shows)
  • Shrek and Fiona (in ogress form) (Far Far Away)
  • Pinocchio from Shrek (Far Far Away)
  • Puss in Boots, Kitty Softpaws and Isabella/ Alejandro (Host) (after The Dance For The Magic Beans show)
  • Dr Rodney and Baby Dinosaur Diane (The Lost World)
  • Velociraptor (mini-show) (The Lost World)
  • The Scorpion King (Ancient Egypt)
  • The Nile Princess (Ancient Egypt)
  • Anubis Guards (Ancient Egypt)
  • Optimus Prime (Sci-Fi City)
  • Bumblebee (Sci-Fi City)
  • Alien Guard (Sci-Fi City)
  • Sesame Street Characters in New York area (Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Bert and Ernie. Big Bird can be seen in the Sesame Street show but I am unsure as to whether he appears for meet and greet sessions.)
  • Mel's Dinettes (usually can be met for about 2 minutes before performances) 
  • The Cruisers (usually will take photos with guests during their opening number)
  • WaterWorld Cast (after show)
The following used to do meets. Not sure if they will be back.

• Mae West (cut around 2013)
  • Princess Fiona (human form, cut around 2013)
  • Lizard Creatures
  • Alien Empresses (cut 2014)
  • Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming from Shrek (cut 2014)
  • Rick O'Connell and Evelyn O'Connell (cut 2014)
  • Ardeth Bay (cut 2014)
  • Egyptian Guards (Anubis Guards still meeting) (cut 2014)
  • Po from Kung Fu Panda (cut 2015)
  • Minion Jerry (cut 2015, with introduction of new Minions)
  • Daddy-O's (show ended)
  • Monster Rock (show ended)
  • Kowabunga Kove (show ended)
The following used to appear in parades and other special events

• Dracula and Bride of Frankenstein (Hollywood Dreams Parade)
  • Imelda from Puss in Boots, Bandits (Puss in Boots opening ceremony)

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to post about it this earlier, but Universal's Auditions site had posted audition notices for characters this summer (signups are now over). The usual characters were listed with a couple new additions: included in the characters for auditions were Daphne and Velma (Scooby Doo). Now, USH has had Daphne in previous years as part of the Scooby-Doo meet-and-greet, but I haven't seen her out in the park in over 2 or 3 years. It's been just Scooby-Doo and Shaggy the past few years. And I don't think I've ever seen Velma here on the west coast, although I know she's part of the Scooby-Doo meet-and-greet at Universal Studio Orlando.

I think it's great that they're bringing Daphne back, and I'm looking forward to seeing Velma as part of the Scooby Gang this summer.

Also, excluding the Transformers; Universal Monsters; and Raptors, every other character will be getting special changes for the season.
Sad to report that Spongebob is apparently stuck working at the Krusty Krab until Nov 1st.

Skeleton Patrick is still doing photo-ops
Pirate Curious George is out as well

As for the other characters, no Halloween costumes yet

No idea... I was really annoyed by it. And the team member wouldn't stop with the themed talk in regards to him being MIA. Which of course made me even more annoyed, especially when he was listed to have set time with Patrick when I asked a team member prior as to when they'd be out. :shrug:

Didn't see the Minions or Simpsons, so no word if they have halloween costumes or not. Shrek & Scooby did not have halloween costumes when I saw them both today. Dora also lacked in the costume department. Didn't see King Julian or Alex either. Marilyn Monroe didn't have a costume sadly.