Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm currently watching this highly rated show and it's....so....bad. The acting is bad, the story is bad, the writing/dialogue is bad. This is going to sound mean, but all of the faces these kids make when they act are awful...especially Jake and his mouth movements. I just don't understand why this garbage show was necessary. The only redeeming thing could be the aesthetics and if they look good or not.

Why would this be heightist? Chucky is a puppet. They should be puppets.
The show is mixed for me; the Chucky, Nica and Tiff parts are great and the side characters plots are fun, the school nuns, priest and Jake’s stepparents mainly.
But I couldn’t care much for the kids, hopefully Chucky finally gets them next season!
Can make for a fun, varied house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
Browsing the show's IMDB photos and saw this:

"CHUCKY Season 2: Behind the scenes with the animatronic Chucky crew, rehearsing the titular character on location in Toronto, Canada."

... so maybe they can use cheaper versions for the house?

RIP Shiekra

I've mentioned it before, but if this houses actors rather than puppets, it will instantly be bottom of the barrel for me lol
Yeah, it's already on the bottom of my hype list because it's based on the TV series lol. The show is another breed of dumpster fire. The main characters are whiny and annoying. There are some cool kills and fun dialogue from Chucky, but other than that, meh. I really don't like the way Chucky looks either. His "new look" started with Curse and I'm still not on board. This house would be towards the top of my hype list if it was a celebration of the franchise and pulled the most iconic scenes from every film and the series. Or like I've mentioned before, a house just based on the Child's Play trilogy.

In my personal opinion, it doesn't really matter if they use puppets or actors because Chucky will look wonky either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Yeah, it's already on the bottom of my hype list because it's based on the TV series lol. The show is another breed of dumpster fire. The main characters are whiny and annoying. There are some cool kills and fun dialogue from Chucky, but other than that, meh. I really don't like the way Chucky looks either. His "new look" started with Curse and I'm still not on board. This house would be towards the top of my hype list if it was a celebration of the franchise and pulled the most iconic scenes from every film and the series. Or like I've mentioned before, a house just based on the Child's Play trilogy.

In my personal opinion, it doesn't really matter if they use puppets or actors because Chucky will look wonky either way.

I just really don't know how they're gonna translate the series- Chucky is my favorite franchise, and I love that the show exists and the Don Mancini and the crew have enough money to basically make whatever they want.

That being said, I feel like haunt-Chucky works best in close quarters, and I don't recall many scenes from the series being remotely claustrophobic. F&F queue will help with that, but how do you make a successful haunted house of a show that's basically just (really entertaining) fan-service?

I'm still banking on Chucky puppets- no way that a haunt gets announced a full year in advance only to be shabby in quality. I do think it would be funny if every corpse/victim just looked like Devon Sawa, though.

I just really don't know how they're gonna translate the series- Chucky is my favorite franchise, and I love that the show exists and the Don Mancini and the crew have enough money to basically make whatever they want.

That being said, I feel like haunt-Chucky works best in close quarters, and I don't recall many scenes from the series being remotely claustrophobic. F&F queue will help with that, but how do you make a successful haunted house of a show that's basically just (really entertaining) fan-service?

I'm still banking on Chucky puppets- no way that a haunt gets announced a full year in advance only to be shabby in quality. I do think it would be funny if every corpse/victim just looked like Devon Sawa, though.
Freaky had large sets in the film, but not so much in the haunt. The location factor you bring up is how I am leaning too based on that fact alone.

And as far as translating? Show a few kill scenes, have Chucky scare people, and call it a day. Anything more is a bonus.

I am expecting the Ash vs Evil Dead treatment where it makes NO SENSE unless you have seen the show, and even then is so highlight heavy that it doesn’t tell much of a story without prior knowledge of the series.

Puppets would make the absolute most sense - especially in the close quarters of F&F.

I've said it several times - but if I see human-sized Chucky actors coming at me, it will instantly be my least favorite house. There's no way anyone can think that looks good, lol

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Puppets would make the absolute most sense - especially in the close quarters of F&F.

I've said it several times - but if I see human-sized Chucky actors coming at me, it will instantly be my least favorite house. There's no way anyone can think that looks good, lol
Speaking only about the 2009 Chucky house, I got over the 'human-sized' Chuckys pretty quickly. I enjoyed that house more than I had anticipated.

So this is in the spot Blumhouse had last year at The Fast and the Furious. Remember how we had that break between Freaky and The Black Phone segments last year?

The podcast says, "We brought in Chucky, 'hey [Chucky], come and promote this cool thing that we built.' It's based on the show, but it's the Ultimate Kill Count, its Chucky the killer doll, so it is the greatest hits. Chucky shows up and he's like, 'You're not KILLING anybody. Nobody's actually being killed.' So HE killed the creators of the house, possessed the dolls that WE made for our haunted house, [Chucky says] 'I'm going to up my numbers and this is going to be epic.' So Chucky has taken over his own house, has possessed all our props, and some of the guests, and maybe some of the attraction workers... and is having a blast doing it."

I hope they make the part that was in Freaky a campy, carnival-style fun house.

Outside break between tents.

Chucky is pissed no one is actually being killed, we hear Chucky possessing the props, and we enter the second part of the house to a total tone shift.