CityWalk Expansion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Dont have the time at the moment, but Felipe and myself had the awesome chance to try Antojitos Up last night. Pictures and more to come tonight.

Will city walk expansion #2 be focused more on renovating bar/clubs scene or will it bring in more new restaurants/cuisine types?

When are you going?

Opening weekend is what I am aiming for. Might have to got to St Louis for work the Monday right after opening weekend so not sure if ill postpone HHN for a week or not. I had such a blast with everyone on opening weekend and would like to go again for it this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont have the time at the moment, but Felipe and myself had the awesome chance to try Antojitos Up last night. Pictures and more to come tonight.

Sounds romantic :pound:

I would be 99% certain that Starbucks/Cold Stone will open next, followed by Hot Dog Hall of Fame, then Vivo, then Cowfish. Don't forget, no work can be done on Cowfish until Starbucks moves, and there is quite a bit of work to do there-they are expending into what is currently a storage and catering staging facility, and there are no kitchen facilities whatsoever, so it is kind of like starting from scratch. Vivo would use existing Pastamore kitchen, perhaps with some updated equipment, just like Antojitos did, because kitchens cost a fortune. Hot Dog Hall of Fame, while it is going into a bar (which I seem to recall only seeing open once or twice in all the times I've been there), but it won't require the extensive facilities that a full-service restaurant will need. I would also bet that HDHoF and the new UO store will open at the same time.

I would've thought Vivo is next since it's an easier retrofit, a la Antojitos.

I believe that after Starbucks/Cold Stone, it will be Hot Dog Hall of Fame, Menchie's, Bread Box, Vivo, with Cowfish opening last.

So last night I finished sorting and editing my pics from dinner at Antojitos Up, and I'm at 81 pics :p Should post all of them, or highlight and a link to Photobucket, or maybe I should start an Antojitos thread? :shrug:

I also had a chance to eat at Antojitos the day it opened.

I'm one of the few who doesn't hate the exterior of the building. I think if they would have just stuck with a plain brown facade, it would have looked pretty boring looking. Not saying I love the way it looks now, but I don't find it revolting like most.

The patio outside is great, and I'm sure it will be packed on those beautiful summer nights. Right now, though, it's been a little cold to sit out there. When I visited, it was pouring and the ground was really slick; saw quite a few people almost eat it. I didn't get a chance to see the VW Bus out front, but it should balance out the view from the front.

The restaurant interior is a trip. The walls are adorned with all kinds of art, from graffiti to traditional Mexican landscapes. It's not my favorite looking inside, but I can't say it's not great to look at. I was seated on the main level in the back of the dining room near the stage. Never saw any activity on it, but I'm sure they'll put it to good use.

My waiter was very helpful throughout the meal, although I couldn't help noticing how god awful their costumes were. Short sleeve white button ups, with embroidered blue trim, under a denim jacket...... They would have been ugly in the 90s. Didn't affect his service though. He kept my drink full, and refilled my chip basket a couple times. The chips themselves were fairly decent, a little under salted for my taste, but they were brought out hot and fresh. The salsa on the other hand was a bit of a letdown. I liked the abundance of cilantro, but I'm not a huge fan of their liquidy style. I much prefer ones like the corn salsa at Chipotle, light on liquid, and lots of chunks. This was just too mushy for me.

This is where my issues with the place end. I chose the Duck Tacos as my entree, deciding to try something a little outside the box. They came out after a very short wait, and the plating was excellent. Three tacos stood up in a rack, with a miniature cast iron pot and lid holding the rice and beans. Even better than the presentation, was the taste. I wouldn't call myself an expert in Mexican food, but each item was the best version I've ever had. The rice, beans, duck, and the tacos themselves were all out of this world. Seasoned and sauced really well, the tacos were pretty small, but filled with mostly meat, and the rice and bean combo was outstanding for something I wouldn't usually order.

I can't wait to get back here and try some more things on the menu. I've heard nothing but good things from other reviews, which is just making me more excited. And the price makes it easy to justify coming back. I think I paid around $20 for the tacos, a soda, and three boats of chips and salsa.

Last edited:
So last night I finished sorting and editing my pics from dinner at Antojitos Up, and I'm at 81 pics :p Should post all of them, or highlight and a link to Photobucket, or maybe I should start an Antojitos thread? :shrug:

Must.. post.. AND I want your review too!