CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ooooo, what if they brought in an Orlando original, Se7en Bites. They do an awesome breakfast, have amazing sweet treats, and are fairly reasonably priced.

Se7en Bites
I mean that looks perfect to me.

As a tourist though I’ll say, theming is important. I don’t feel I can get Cowfish, Toothsome, Maegartitaville, Bubba’s, or evening Hard Rock (atmosphere specifically in Orlando is cool) where I’m from. Portland Maine is a foodie town, I don’t participate as much as others in it but I feel I have a good pallet. Those restaurants are good, but the atmosphere’s (and service) is what make them great. I find Vivo to be the best restaurant, but I feel I can get a Vivo esc Meal around me if I’m gonna spend that much on Italian.

Big Fire though I can do in my backyard, I dont ever see me visiting it in the near future on a trip. Prices are good though, but I feel I can get food for that at that price outside of Orlando. I’m either eating cheap or paying up when I’m in town.

TLDR; if it’s good, it’s good. If not, make it a special environment.

Last edited:
I mean that looks perfect to me.

As a tourist though I’ll say, theming is important. I don’t feel I can’t get Cowfish, Toothsome, Maegartitaville, Bubba’s, or evening Hard Rock (atmosphere specifically in Orlando is cool) where I’m from. Portland Maine is a foodie town, I don’t participate as much as others in it but I feel I have a good pallet. Those restaurants are good, but the atmosphere’s (and service) is what make them great. I find Vivo to be the best restaurant, but I feel I can get a Vivo esc Meal around me if I’m gonna spend that much on Italian.

Big Fire though I can do in my backyard, I dont ever see me visiting it in the near future on a trip. Prices are good though, but I feel I can get food for that at that price outside of Orlando. I’m either eating cheap or paying up when I’m in town.

BigFire is far and away the best place to eat at CityWalk and it’s not even close imo

Lol, love me some Panda

On the matter of Asian restaurants, I would want it to be pretty authentic

We would probably get Universal's version of a PF Changs which wouldn't be ideal

As far as breakfast, I feel like if someone is to get breakfast it's a grab and go type thing

If they want to sit down, they're probably staying onsite, so they'd eat at the hotel anyway

IDK, just a hunch
I find that a problem, The Kitchen does not serve until later (guess rock stars sleep in) and HRC is even later I think by half hour or so? Does not seem to be a push to put people through a meal. If you stop in Mickey D's up the road early it is pretty busy with a mix of locals and park people.

Of course all that is changed now so I want to see what they do if anything.

When we would stay at Royal Pacific, they had an area in the lobby w/ decent grab and go breakfast items and even some sort of egg sandwich. Really seemed to be similar to what the bakery at IoA would have. I forget about HR, but that did have a great breakfast if one wanted to sit down (expensive from what I recall).

I doubt City Walk as a draw for breakfast though. I recall when we first started visiting, the Whopper Bar was trying breakfast but they seemed to stop.

A lot of the on site hotels have Starbucks (I think) which can have some grab and go as well.

Reactions: shiekra38
When we would stay at Royal Pacific, they had an area in the lobby w/ decent grab and go breakfast items and even some sort of egg sandwich. Really seemed to be similar to what the bakery at IoA would have. I forget about HR, but that did have a great breakfast if one wanted to sit down (expensive from what I recall).

I doubt City Walk as a draw for breakfast though. I recall when we first started visiting, the Whopper Bar was trying breakfast but they seemed to stop.

A lot of the on site hotels have Starbucks (I think) which can have some grab and go as well.
Starbucks is a go-to breakfast place for me honestly

BigFire is far and away the best place to eat at CityWalk and it’s not even close imo
Not saying it’s not, I’m saying from an outside perspective (I am from Maine too so maybe helps) I feel most stuff that are there I can either order around here, or make myself. I don’t feel that about many other places on paper so idk, it isn’t the most appealing place. I bet I’d like it a lot the menu looks great but when I have 5-6 dinners once a year? Not sure I see it being my first choice.

Yeah, RP was great. RIP lobby.... The first year Sapphire opened I stayed 10 nights for HHN but think I went to their grab and go? No way, I walked the convention space to pick up a newspaper and hit the breakfast eats at RP. Never did the sushi thing though, not my taste.

Year before it was the RP I stayed at for HHN so all I had to do was go down to the lobby. Very nice way to start the day with the overstuffed furniture, secluded areas and the atrium!

Last edited:
Not saying it’s not, I’m saying from an outside perspective (I am from Maine too so maybe helps) I feel most stuff that are there I can either order around here, or make myself. I don’t feel that about many other places on paper so idk, it isn’t the most appealing place. I bet I’d like it a lot the menu looks great but when I have 5-6 dinners once a year? Not sure I see it being my first choice.
I live in the North East too. But the ribeye I had at Bigfire was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had and it was $20 less than what I’d pay for it at home.

I would much rather go to Cowfish

But BigFire does have some good hits
I think Cowfish is good for what it is, but I don’t think anything it does is superlative. I’d probably have it 4th on my personal list. Bigfire > Vivo > Antojitos > Cowfish, tho I’ve still never eaten at Toothsome

I live in the North East too. But the ribeye I had at Bigfire was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had and it was $20 less than what I’d pay for it at home.

I think Cowfish is good for what it is, but I don’t think anything it does is superlative. I’d probably have it 4th on my personal list. Bigfire > Vivo > Antojitos > Cowfish, tho I’ve still never eaten at Toothsome
I don’t doubt you, I get picky on vacation and “wanna do things right” so I get picky with my meals haha, but I appreciate hearing the good review!

I think super-fans on message boards tend to underestimate the importance of a "gimmick" to hook your average tourist. Even the high-end places in Disney Springs tend to have a gimmick, be it a celebrity chef or boats or a DJ. Vivo is one of the best Italian restaurants in Orlando. Bigfire is at the top of the heap of affordable steakhouses. But if you have kids and one night in CityWalk, I'm sending your to Toothsome (or Margaritaville if you can't get a table). Because they're unique and fun and will make you feel like you're on vacation.

Re: breakfast, I think that anyone who shows up to UOR before 11 is a park commando looking for grab-and-go at most.

Realistically, any place gets the prime Bubba's real estate is going to have a basic American menu of burgers, steaks and chicken Caesar salads with an eye-catching facade. It's the last chance to stop the masses from heading down I-Drive.

Three little birds disagree with you, lol

I've been to BigFire once since opening, and I thought it was pretty great. That bread with the different spreads is awesome. But since we're doing rankings, here's mine:

Bob Marley's > Vivo > Toothsome > Cowfish > BigFire > NBC > everything else

Reactions: shiekra38
Three little birds disagree with you, lol

I've been to BigFire once since opening, and I thought it was pretty great. That bread with the different spreads is awesome. But since we're doing rankings, here's mine:

Bob Marley's > Vivo > Toothsome > Cowfish > BigFire > NBC > everything else
I feel bad that I've never been to Bob Marley's

I always forget it's up there

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think super-fans on message boards tend to underestimate the importance of a "gimmick" to hook your average tourist. Even the high-end places in Disney Springs tend to have a gimmick, be it a celebrity chef or boats or a DJ. Vivo is one of the best Italian restaurants in Orlando. Bigfire is at the top of the heap of affordable steakhouses. But if you have kids and one night in CityWalk, I'm sending your to Toothsome (or Margaritaville if you can't get a table). Because they're unique and fun and will make you feel like you're on vacation.

Re: breakfast, I think that anyone who shows up to UOR before 11 is a park commando looking for grab-and-go at most.

Realistically, any place gets the prime Bubba's real estate is going to have a basic American menu of burgers, steaks and chicken Caesar salads with an eye-catching facade. It's the last chance to stop the masses from heading down I-Drive.
This exactly haha, said it better than I can.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Also maybe I'm a maniac, but as far as breakfast goes, I either grab it at the hotel, Today Café, or Leaky Cauldron.

So I'm on the weird end that doesn't really mind the lack of breakfast options in Citywalk. I would totally go if they opened up a place with that though. Hard Rock Café has surprisingly good breakfast.

Check it out for sure. Awesome environment, great service, and the food is so good. Get the jerk wings and jammin' chips and salsa.

The drinks are awesome too. I may shed a tear when it inevitably goes away.
Yes, Marley's is great. Plus it's unique and damn entertaining. I'm always surprised that so many people on IU have never eaten there. Really good live entertainment bands to boot.
Just a tip to those who have never been there. The inside is a near replica of Marley's house with indoor seating, balcony seating, and a large open air courtyard with table seating,
and a caged bandstand. Pure Marley and Jamaican ambiance. Food prices are reasonable and portions are huge. We absolutely love it.