CityWalk Waterfront Redesign | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Waterfront Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than just replacement of railings. So it's crystal clear that what ParkRumors dug up is in fact happening.

Side note: does anyone know how/if this will affect when shows like ellen tape with a live audience at CityWalk?

They'll probably move her to the Toon Lagoon stage if anything. I see it happening more there, than at the Music Plaza in front of Rockit.

Would you guys think they will finish the "decks" one at a time or will more construction begin happening shortly for the others?

From Saturday

CityWalk-Waterfront.jpg

Curious to see what those decks get. As a fan of CityWalk, I hope they add a nice waterfront bar. Obviously it can't be too large, but something decent. You can never have too many alcohol vendors!

Last edited:
I just hope the decks get a modern base to match the contemporary theming of CityWalk, maybe some cool light fixtures that give a nice show at nighttime.

^Awesome pics! :rep:

I kind of love how Uni demos/starts construction on things without even officially saying what's going in. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this section will be the only one worked on and or completed until after the Summer rush.

That was pretty much my thought process, I mean as of yesterday there were zero markings for anything else to be close to starting. I wonder if they are also going to see how its received by guests?

I would guess that they're trying to keep the visible construction to a minimum, and put them up one at a time. This area is not like most others at the resort where it can be walled off and unseen by most guests; this can be seen from many, many different angles.

Y'all will have to forgive my ignorance of where things are sometimes. I haven't been in 4 years, so everything is kind of hazy to me.

Now that I think about it, it would make sense to keep construction to a minimum in that are, especially if there's no rush to complete it.