Costco Value 12 month Annual Pass question | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Costco Value 12 month Annual Pass question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great, thank you so much I love this site! My last question is if we can go straight to the gate with the Costco tickets or do we need to go to the ticket booth?
You'll need to register them first at the park, can't remember the exact details but I know that.

You'll need to register them first at the park, can't remember the exact details but I know that.
Actually, two weeks ago my family purchased the Costco pass and was able to register them online and proceed straight to the main gate.

Reactions: William
When you buy the pass at CostCo you will get a voucher in the actual package that you buy in the store.

On the front of the voucher is a website address that you have to go to to register your voucher with Universals ticketing system.  When you register it will ask for your name, DOB, address, and voucher barcode.    Once registered, take your voucher directly to the main entrance turnstiles. Once your voucher is scanned, the turnstile will print out your season pass.  

In the past, you had to take your voucher to the Annual Pass center to register, now its all done online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Costco still selling these passes?
Yes they are! I was there a few days ago. 

18259439229_3cb52bdf38_c.jpg

Remember they are now a season pass and no longer an annual pass.  The only benefit is that the Costco pass is still good through March 18 and the park has adjusted to end the regular pass in February 2016.  The Costco pass could possibly hit Potter dates... POSSIBLY!

It also makes no sense why they advertise the Nighttime Tours when the pass blocks out every day the Nighttime tour is expected to operate.  Genius!

18259439229_3cb52bdf38_c.jpg

LOL, "dramatic".

Reactions: Aaron
Do any of you know if the Costco season pass can be upgraded to a no blackout season pass? Are season passes upgradable at all? The season passes sold on USH website expire on Feb 11 so because I contemplated for too long when I should buy my annual pass, I took too long and missed out on actual annual passes. Now I'm just trying to see if I can get the most dates for the price of a NBO pass more or less. e_e

Remember they are now a season pass and no longer an annual pass.  The only benefit is that the Costco pass is still good through March 18 and the park has adjusted to end the regular pass in February 2016.  The Costco pass could possibly hit Potter dates... POSSIBLY!

It also makes no sense why they advertise the Nighttime Tours when the pass blocks out every day the Nighttime tour is expected to operate.  Genius!
Can I get some clarification on this?  I thought the first day of use does not have black out dates, so essentially I can use my first day on a night time studio tour right?

confused now lol

Actually, there are a few Weekend dates that are not blocked out during the summer. Sunday, July 5th is not blocked out, nor Sunday July 12th. Also Sunday August 23rd and Saturday August 29th. And on Labor Day Weekend, Saturday September 5th and Monday the 7th are available.

So, you can see the nighttime tours with the Costco pass after all.

Should be intresting to see around December what type of season pass deals they will running. If I would take a guess, I am thinking the pass would go up to $99 to justify Potter.

In non related news, does anyone know if Metro ever got off the ground about building the pedistrian bridge from the station to Universal's bus stop area ? I know there was talk a year back, but didn't know if they ever started work on it or not...

^ Kind of out of topic, posting that here... but FINALLY. 

Thanks for all the help, just picked up one today. Hopefully will go this week to check out how the park is doing. I like how the first visit is allowed even though it's a blackout.

Did anyone read this little tidbit at the bottom of the pass

"Not for resale or Per Capita Sightseeing Usage"

Is this type of wording to discourage paparatzi? I have never seen it on any of the passes that I can remember...

Do any of you know if the Costco season pass can be upgraded to a no blackout season pass? Are season passes upgradable at all? The season passes sold on USH website expire on Feb 11 so because I contemplated for too long when I should buy my annual pass, I took too long and missed out on actual annual passes. Now I'm just trying to see if I can get the most dates for the price of a NBO pass more or less. e_e
yes and youd keep the march expiration date

Question: Do the HHN discounts and all the other discounts you'd normally get with a season pass apply to the Costco pass as well?