D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
Disney has posted a job opening for an aviation expert. They want them for construction lifts, helicopter filming, and drones - as well as all air traffic at the resort.

Wasn't sure where to post the tidbit but I'm guessing it's to help expedite the construction of these projects. The helicopter heavy lifts are to supplement or replace cranes - which I've heard have caused project delays in Orlando due to scarcity.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Disney has posted a job opening for an aviation expert. They want them for construction lifts, helicopter filming, and drones - as well as all air traffic at the resort.

Wasn't sure where to post the tidbit but I'm guessing it's to help expedite the construction of these projects. The helicopter heavy lifts are to supplement or replace cranes - which I've heard have caused project delays in Orlando due to scarcity.

Didn't they buy two cranes recently for TSL?

It is common to plant gondola towers with a helicopter but that is due to terrain. If they can pull a semi up to the location and assemble it then drive a mobile crane up to lift it I doubt they would use a copter. Maybe but I would think the vendor/installer would have that job not WDW.

Reactions: Mike S
It is common to plant gondola towers with a helicopter but that is due to terrain. If they can pull a semi up to the location and assemble it then drive a mobile crane up to lift it I doubt they would use a copter. Maybe but I would think the vendor/installer would have that job not WDW.
From the concept art, it looks like they are actually taking it over some buildings, so they may fly some of them in.

With regards to the new attractions announced at the expo, are Ratatouille and the suspected Guardians of the Galaxy coaster been the only two projects which permits have been filed for? Nothing for Tron or the new theater going into the Magic Kingdom? What about the Star Wars Hotel? Obviously the new Star Wars and Toy Story lands permits have been filed...

With regards to the new attractions announced at the expo, are Ratatouille and the suspected Guardians of the Galaxy coaster been the only two projects which permits have been filed for? Nothing for Tron or the new theater going into the Magic Kingdom? What about the Star Wars Hotel? Obviously the new Star Wars and Toy Story lands permits have been filed...

Permits only for Rat, some redevelopment of retenton ponds behind UOE.