D23 Expo 2024 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh and now I'm re-re-thinking my plans to skip Expo for WDW/UOR. I have to miss one this year (Expo or HHN/MNSSHP), but Ford and Williams and Rohde pushes me over the edge I think

Reactions: belloq87
This might be dumb, but given the pricing (near-Sorcerer with no added benefits other than seating), why get floor? I could pay $2500 for a tall person to sit in front of me and be screwed but much less to get stadium-style seating? I know some floor folks will have amazing views, but not everyone?

I have to say, I tend to think the Disney "Legend" award has been tremendously de-valued (everybody gets one!), but it's very nice to see Steve Ditko get some recognition. He's often overshadowed by Jack Kirby, but he co-created arguably the most popular comic character of all time (Spider-Man), plus Doctor Strange and others, and had some quite unique, iconoclastic storytelling impulses.

When throwing around "Legend," he absolutely is one.

Reactions: Skold

Josh, not just content to talk about blue sky imaginings, will now shift to also talking about things that his core audience could give less of a caca about.
Given the slate of gaming ventures with Disney involved alongside other partners; I can actively get why they are doing it (and it will generate a lot of buzz and excitement for it).

With Kingdom Hearts IV, FortNite X Disney, Indiana Jones & The Great Circle, EA's Iron Man, and 1942: The Rise of hydra--that is five major titles that make sense to have spotlights brought into form for the gaming division. And for Kingdom hearts IV & Fortnite, they'll be the easy crowd pleasers.

Given the slate of gaming ventures with Disney involved alongside other partners; I can actively get why they are doing it (and it will generate a lot of buzz and excitement for it).

With Kingdom Hearts IV, FortNite X Disney, Indiana Jones & The Great Circle, EA's Iron Man, and 1942: The Rise of hydra--that is five major titles that make sense to have spotlights brought into form for the gaming division. And for Kingdom hearts IV & Fortnite, they'll be the easy crowd pleasers.

While I can understand why'd they wanna' showcase things like that, I think it would fair better in the entertainment panel. Because I think when it comes to this Parks & Experiences panel, all eyes are on the Parks part of the panel and nothin' else. Anything else is just a distraction to them reaching the fireworks factory, and everyone wants them to make it to the fireworks factory.

Reactions: Jamesh22
While I can understand why'd they wanna' showcase things like that, I think it would fair better in the entertainment panel. Because I think when it comes to this Parks & Experiences panel, all eyes are on the Parks part of the panel and nothin' else. Anything else is just a distraction to them reaching the fireworks factory, and everyone wants them to make it to the fireworks factory.

I would argue they should have two separate panels. One for Parks & Experiences, and one for Gaming experiences and engagements. It's what they did before they started consolidating; and they have the lineup that'd justify a panel.

I would argue they should have two separate panels. One for Parks & Experiences, and one for Gaming experiences and engagements. It's what they did before they started consolidating; and they have the lineup that'd justify a panel.
The consolidation probably has to do with the fact that the Honda Center isn't adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center. I wonder if the presentations will go even longer than they usually do, or perhaps whether there will be breaks between adjacent segments (i.e Animation and Live Action, or Parks and Gaming).

The consolidation probably has to do with the fact that the Honda Center isn't adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center. I wonder if the presentations will go even longer than they usually do, or perhaps whether there will be breaks between adjacent segments (i.e Animation and Live Action, or Parks and Gaming).

I think given the reduced paneling that seems to be in place this year; having 2.5 hour panels not that far off from a CinemaCon presentation might make a lot of sense to what is happening here. Better to use the time you got to the fullest potential that there'd be.

Plus, that'd give 1.25 hours respectively for the parks; and for gaming and other brand ventures. Kingdom Hearts feels the given, they are likely about to redebut and quickly release Missing Link soon; and KH4 should be Square Enix's next major RPG following Rebirth. I wouldn't even be surprised if we also see payoff to what Nomura teased relating to something to be announced at D23.

I went to the first two events

The first one I really enjoyed because...it felt...small in a good way now every Con is just lines to panels I can watch online (its a good thing they stream them)
But yeah, besides merch or....paying to get a signed photo I wish I saw a reason to go back to these but now that it seems like every con it cost to get merch signed...to me I don't see much of a point any more for the price

I'm excited that DIsney will hopefully tell us what the pans are for the DLR after Splash redo and other nice surprises and hope everyone going has fun. I just miss the old Con's because nerd stuff became "cool"

The first one I really enjoyed because...it felt...small in a good way now every Con is just lines to panels I can watch online (its a good thing they stream them)
But yeah, besides merch or....paying to get a signed photo I wish I saw a reason to go back to these but now that it seems like every con it cost to get merch signed...to me I don't see much of a point any more for the price
Yeah, at this point it’s too many people for something I’d rather watch streamed on my TV.

Plus, if I’m shelling out $200 for a Disney thing in Anaheim…I’m just going to Disneyland haha.

Reactions: Freak
To each their own, but $2K for a D23 ticket is bananas lol
I don't disagree, but it was definitely easier to swallow when you get first dibs shopping, a massive amount of gifts, a special RSP for limited pins and merch, a welcome dinner, show, and self-guided tour of the show floor before anyone else, a private lounge with snacks, drinks, and character meets, on top of preferred seating for anything you wanted. $2K for preferred seating for three panels on a flat floor is absolutely bananas IMO

I got my 3-day ticket today so I will officially be there this August! My first D23 event out there in DLR (did D23 Lite or whatever it's called here last year :lmao:).

Reactions: kristenabelle