Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"guests will hear stories of the infamous Hounds – boastful hunters from beyond Darkmoor – all while surrounded by an impressive display of the monster heads they consider their trophies.”

... got to be some deep cut UCMs right?

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff
:innocent:
The 2017 oscar winning film that was definitely a homage to Gillman indicates there is an awareness and appreciation for the charactor.

thats true
hes my favorite monster, but even hhn has not really used him for the event as much as the others, hes never had a house on his own, every other monster has. hes not even in merch as much, the gill man sequels arent as remembered or liked as the others, i love gill man, but i know how hes seen by the public.

hes never had a house on his own
1997 - Creature From The Black Lagoon: Monsterquarium (Waterworld venue)

That same year, they had a "Classic Monster Maze" as well. He literally got his own house while the others were thrown together.

hes not even in merch as much
???? I see CFTBL shirts all the time. Even the horror shirt company Cavity Colors put out an awesome shirt a few months ago
1000008419.jpg

Also USH sells the plush Creature doll. He was included in the "Bendy Figs" line of action figures. He's not left out as much as Phantom.

1997 - Creature From The Black Lagoon: Monsterquarium (Waterworld venue)

That same year, they had a "Classic Monster Maze" as well. He literally got his own house while the others were thrown together.

???? I see CFTBL shirts all the time. Even the horror shirt company Cavity Colors put out an awesome shirt a few months ago
View attachment 22306

Also USH sells the plush Creature doll. He was included in the "Bendy Figs" line of action figures. He's not left out as much as Phantom.

so i guess that hes much bigger in california than in florida, which is ironic since the movies were filmed here in FL lol.
A ride along the lines of Jungle Cruise featuring gill man would be epic. Ha, see what I did.
i would love that and i wouldnt mind if gill man wasnt submerged in the water. just have cool animatronics and screen effects.

so i guess that hes much bigger in california than in florida, which is ironic since the movies were filmed here in FL lol.
Not entirely. The "Black Lagoon" section of Park Lake on the USH backlot was a filming location for the 1st unit "Above water footage" with Ben Chapman. (Ricou Browning did the underwater Creature footage in FL)

Unfortunately, this section of the lake used for CFTBL has been drained, filled in, & cemented over (along with the former "Parting of the Red Sea" attraction).
1000008422.jpg
The top left corner is the former "Black Lagoon"

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
For the Creature ride, this is what I would suggest over the boat ride.

After the aftermath of Monsters Unchained, Gilllman has been set loss and it is up to our team of explorers and monster hunters to get him back. Riders think that this is going to be a boat ride, however during one of the preshows after we all end up on a large Amazon jungke cruise style boat, Gilllman aboards and attacks the ship captain, the engine and our lifeboats leaving us on a slowly "sinking" ship. Thankfully, he did not touch the submersibles (not controlled by a playstation controller) attached, which we board in hopes to find him. For this effect, for unique rides....there is a daytime version and a nighttime version. Daytime is mild and more family friendly whereas Nighttime is terrifying.

Guests aboard their submersible which holds 16 guests in front of large rounded sub windows located on the front, back, and sides (one side by side bench one each side holding 4 spots) allowing for different viewpoints and also another way to add rerideablity. The vehicle is inspired by Tokyo's Disney Seas 20,000 Leagues under the Sea in which they use the multiple panels in the windows as a way to simulate being underwater and a suspended track. The benefit to this is it allows for AAs and screens to exist and not get damaged as easily as the ones seen via River Adventure and Jungle Cruise. while maintaining the illusion we are underwater. The unique aspect as well is while we are inside an enclosed ride vehicle, there is also a motion base that provides shaking and more. You enter the sub through the side and you see a grated flooring above you leading to the control deck where our skipper is (similar to Kong but instead of it being a AA driver, everything about the grating flooring are screen elements) and next to the windows are gears, radio speakers, panels, trinkets and buttons that do nothing.

Through our journey, we see scientists and those searching for the creature outside the sub get attacked not only by Gillman but other water monsters before we see Gillman or "multiple Gillman" attack our subs. In the daytime edition, the lights are bright through the ship windows so you can see almost everything as it happens but night time, you only have the spotlight on the vehicle and a slight light from the moon to help you see in the darkness of the waters.

Daytime Edition: Following the first set of monster attacks, you feel the knocking and scrapping as Gillman enters your ride vehicle... water trickles down inside the vehicle from above and through the panels on the side getting you lightly wet but as you look up, you feel water lightly fall on you making you realize he is right above you on the grated floors above you. You can make out the shadows of his feet as he walks. Following that you hear a scuffle and some loud noises and then you realize there is scuttle going on above you. You hear the monster hunters on the sub with you stating everything is okay and that the Gillman have been maintained and you will head back to the exploration lab for a debrief.

Nighttime edition: After Gilman's attack, all power is lost on the sub with water trickling in from the side consoles not where the windows are located as he attacks, and you see a glowing green eyes above you looking down into the grates as you realize he maybe has managed to enter your sub from the top...you hear a scuffle in the darkness as a flashlight moves above you seen through the grating,, there is a fight and gun shots sounds and you feel warm water hit you from above. While all this is going on the sub is rocking in the darkness making you feel as if there is no control of the sub. There is a bit of silence before you hear more a scuffle, human screams and a roar by Gillman before the power in the sub comes back up. above you, you see water drops highlighted with red LEDs to simulate looking like blood. You see the limp body of Gillman above you on the grated floor as the skipper states you got him and are heading back to the exploration lab for a debrief. In this edition, while you are getting off the ride vehicle, you may notice Gillman starts to move and get up ready to attack our unsuspecting skipper.

Regarding the speculation of the "interactive experience" in this land, it has not yet been revealed, right? ... Or has it?

We assume that the interactive experience has to be some product you keep like a power up band, a wand, or just a cell phone app. But what if it's the makeup?

Let's look at what they've revealed. 1) You can become a monster yourself through a paid makeup location:

"At Darkmoor Monster Makeup Experience, skilled artists use their talents to transform their customers into werewolves, vampires, mummies and more."

2a) There will be characters walking around interacting with you at various locations. 2b) We're seeing rumors of facial recognition being pushed at Epic Universe.

I think it's very possible that the interactive experience is that you get the makeup, which unlocks interactions with characters and/or the land.

I'm not putting a lot of weight into this, maybe 10% chance, but I'm throwing it out there since I haven't seen this speculated yet.
The interactive experience is once your face looks scary from the makeup you get yelled at by Karen-moms and Lovecraft “historians”.

Reactions: RFRees
I just REALLY hope that Creature ride happens. It would be an amazing spiritual sequel to the original Jaws ride if that's the direction they go.

Creature From The Black Lagoon GIF by Henry Mancini

I was always indifferent to this character but man that new design looks great and scary. A ride based on this new design has the potential to be really scary and unsettling. Universal is at the top of their game right now so I trust that they can deliver us something amazing.

Last edited:
For the Creature ride, this is what I would suggest over the boat ride.

After the aftermath of Monsters Unchained, Gilllman has been set loss and it is up to our team of explorers and monster hunters to get him back. Riders think that this is going to be a boat ride, however during one of the preshows after we all end up on a large Amazon jungke cruise style boat, Gilllman aboards and attacks the ship captain, the engine and our lifeboats leaving us on a slowly "sinking" ship. Thankfully, he did not touch the submersibles (not controlled by a playstation controller) attached, which we board in hopes to find him. For this effect, for unique rides....there is a daytime version and a nighttime version. Daytime is mild and more family friendly whereas Nighttime is terrifying.

Guests aboard their submersible which holds 16 guests in front of large rounded sub windows located on the front, back, and sides (one side by side bench one each side holding 4 spots) allowing for different viewpoints and also another way to add rerideablity. The vehicle is inspired by Tokyo's Disney Seas 20,000 Leagues under the Sea in which they use the multiple panels in the windows as a way to simulate being underwater and a suspended track. The benefit to this is it allows for AAs and screens to exist and not get damaged as easily as the ones seen via River Adventure and Jungle Cruise. while maintaining the illusion we are underwater. The unique aspect as well is while we are inside an enclosed ride vehicle, there is also a motion base that provides shaking and more. You enter the sub through the side and you see a grated flooring above you leading to the control deck where our skipper is (similar to Kong but instead of it being a AA driver, everything about the grating flooring are screen elements) and next to the windows are gears, radio speakers, panels, trinkets and buttons that do nothing.

Through our journey, we see scientists and those searching for the creature outside the sub get attacked not only by Gillman but other water monsters before we see Gillman or "multiple Gillman" attack our subs. In the daytime edition, the lights are bright through the ship windows so you can see almost everything as it happens but night time, you only have the spotlight on the vehicle and a slight light from the moon to help you see in the darkness of the waters.

Daytime Edition: Following the first set of monster attacks, you feel the knocking and scrapping as Gillman enters your ride vehicle... water trickles down inside the vehicle from above and through the panels on the side getting you lightly wet but as you look up, you feel water lightly fall on you making you realize he is right above you on the grated floors above you. You can make out the shadows of his feet as he walks. Following that you hear a scuffle and some loud noises and then you realize there is scuttle going on above you. You hear the monster hunters on the sub with you stating everything is okay and that the Gillman have been maintained and you will head back to the exploration lab for a debrief.

Nighttime edition: After Gilman's attack, all power is lost on the sub with water trickling in from the side consoles not where the windows are located as he attacks, and you see a glowing green eyes above you looking down into the grates as you realize he maybe has managed to enter your sub from the top...you hear a scuffle in the darkness as a flashlight moves above you seen through the grating,, there is a fight and gun shots sounds and you feel warm water hit you from above. While all this is going on the sub is rocking in the darkness making you feel as if there is no control of the sub. There is a bit of silence before you hear more a scuffle, human screams and a roar by Gillman before the power in the sub comes back up. above you, you see water drops highlighted with red LEDs to simulate looking like blood. You see the limp body of Gillman above you on the grated floor as the skipper states you got him and are heading back to the exploration lab for a debrief. In this edition, while you are getting off the ride vehicle, you may notice Gillman starts to move and get up ready to attack our unsuspecting skipper.
this sounds good, really good.
there have to be ways to do the ride without needing a lot of water, using video screens and also water screens, have a water screen between you and the animatronics and sets, or have a water tank behind the animatronics and also video screens to show effects, like a giant octopus, or a kraken. I know they aren't in the movies, but it could be amazing to see giant creatures, or other evil mermaids type creatures or something.
Boy I never knew Van Helsing had so many fans
I love it so much I have the figure

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4