Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's still KUKA arms flinging you around so I am sure there will be motion sickness, but it'll be a different kind of motion sickness without those screen dome moments lol

I was gonna say, I don't think it was as much the screen domes for me as it was the range of motions the ride vehicle had that made me feel dizzy the last time I was on Forbidden Journey. Like it's hard to anticipate which way the bench is gonna swing compared to a coaster track and I remember being like "I can't take this anymore" I think during the Whomping Willow scene when you are flipped on your back looking at the ceiling.

Of course I think part of why I had such a bad time was because I got onto it as a walk-on practically right after my first time ever riding Velocicoaster. lol

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
I was gonna say, I don't think it was as much the screen domes for me as it was the range of motions the ride vehicle had that made me feel dizzy the last time I was on Forbidden Journey. Like it's hard to anticipate which way the bench is gonna swing compared to a coaster track and I remember being like "I can't take this anymore" I think during the Whomping Willow scene when you are flipped on your back looking at the ceiling.

Of course I think part of why I had such a bad time was because I got onto it as a walk-on practically right after my first time ever riding Velocicoaster. lol
It gets you dizzy. I used to hear the guests call It the throw up ride.

• Wow
Reactions: Gartooth
It gets you dizzy. I used to hear the guests call It the throw up ride.

It makes me wonder if having a spinning coaster and a Kuka arm ride in the same land where you could hop off one and go straight to another was the best planning? lol

Though maybe I'm overselling the potential for motion sickness from the spinning on Curse of the Werewolf because it seems to be a fairly short family coaster.

If the small animation on the miniature is something to go by where the vehicle (like a doom buggy) is showing you the scene and that is it. We are strapped into a sort of transportation system. I hope we won't fly or float as that made me squeezy but I expect when the bats fly towards you your vehicle will react on it by going somewhat backwards. If the action in the ride is perfect in synch with what is presented I think I'm fine.

The expansion slot for this land is still a question mark as the rumor about the Creature of the Black Lagoon has been very old.
I can see 2 scenarios.
The first one is a Figment ride, no not the purple dragon but a unique character with it's own ride.
Or Universal Sci-fi monsters. They had a great collection weird ones. I'm sure most don't know them but imagine a dilapidated cinema at the end of the village showing old Universal sci-fi movies (we see the old posters in the lobby) but when we enter the theater our ride vehicle will be sucked into the screen and we encounter these monsters but, like the once already in the land, re-imagined. Put an overarching story of a alien artifact and a nutty science professor in the mix and it could be fun.

1719786853385.png1719787011110.png1719787114276.png1719787434201.png1719788295026.png

It makes me wonder if having a spinning coaster and a Kuka arm ride in the same land where you could hop off one and go straight to another was the best planning? lol

Though maybe I'm overselling the potential for motion sickness from the spinning on Curse of the Werewolf because it seems to be a fairly short family coaster.
Based on Cobra's Curse, doubt you'll spin too much. Definitely no where the level of a Wild Mouse/Primeval Whirl.

FJ's motion profile is fairly smooth, the screens are just poor.

Reactions: Jake S
You really cant based it on cobras curse because it is one of the most controlled spinning coasters out there. If anything you can base it off of sierra sidewinder out at knotts and that spinning seems more "free" but not on the level of a flat ride spinning.

It's still KUKA arms flinging you around so I am sure there will be motion sickness, but it'll be a different kind of motion sickness without those screen dome moments lol

Screens make a huge difference. My husband and one child are fine in the car until they look at a screen then they start to feel sick. So I feel less screens will help a ton, but won't be perfect. I also think the open cars will help more too, so it isn't being shoved in and out of domes which that movement didn't always make sense.
If the small animation on the miniature is something to go by where the vehicle (like a doom buggy) is showing you the scene and that is it. We are strapped into a sort of transportation system. I hope we won't fly or float as that made me squeezy but I expect when the bats fly towards you your vehicle will react on it by going somewhat backwards. If the action in the ride is perfect in synch with what is presented I think I'm fine.
Agreed, how they time the ride will make a huge difference.

The expansion slot for this land is still a question mark as the rumor about the Creature of the Black Lagoon has been very old.
I can see 2 scenarios.
The first one is a Figment ride, no not the purple dragon but a unique character with it's own ride.
Or Universal Sci-fi monsters. They had a great collection weird ones. I'm sure most don't know them but imagine a dilapidated cinema at the end of the village showing old Universal sci-fi movies (we see the old posters in the lobby) but when we enter the theater our ride vehicle will be sucked into the screen and we encounter these monsters but, like the once already in the land, re-imagined. Put an overarching story of a alien artifact and a nutty science professor in the mix and it could be fun.

View attachment 22430View attachment 22432View attachment 22433View attachment 22434View attachment 22435
They could do it similar to Mickey’s Runaway Railway where you are sucked into the screen and then the rooms you visit on the trackless cars could each be themed to a different horror movie. There would be a lot of possibilities.

Reactions: theuberguberman