Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am gonna call it just to hope it happens. 3D glasses themed to look like the Goggles and Monocles that the Minions wear.

This sounds like it's gonna be really cool. I like the story they've come up with. I know the ride system probably won't be brand new, but I'd like to see some improvements to go along with the new 3D. Sounds like the dance party is gonna be in the post show, hopefully the pre-show and queue get some love too.

Really I took off work for this? Wow so exciting Well I mean it is the 10th highest grossing animated film well it will be 11 after Cars 2 comes out. YAWN..

Ya i had a feeling all along we were getting overly excited for this announcement. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to the DM re-theme and Spidey upgrades, but i think "YAWN" kinda sums it up considering all the hype this got...

Ya i had a feeling all along we were getting overly excited for this announcement. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to the DM re-theme and Spidey upgrades, but i think "YAWN" kinda sums it up considering all the hype this got...

I think the problem was several things.

1. We knew about it.

2. The hype machine got way out of line.

Agreed. They should've pulled out one more surprise out of the bag but there's still a decent amount to look forward to. I just hope they have a plan for showing USF just a little more love real soon.

I'm impressed by today's reveal. I thought the movie itself was OK and I'm sure the ride will be at least somewhat better than JNNB. My only hope is that they take a note from Star Tours 2. It's a simulator (a different type than JNNB) and in 3D, but I've yet to hear a single negative review. The 3D wasn't over done and the ride has been praised.

For all those complaining about it being "yawn", pretend you're not obsessed with theme parks / don't spend your life on these boards (Not that it's a problem. I'm just saying..) and it IS really exciting news. For the average family who goes on vacation once a year or whatever, this announcement was perfect. Plus it's awesome to see Universal adding things & upgrading things, no matter how small they may be to what you've imagined in your heads.

I'm going to try to call this. The rocket sims are staying, and I'm going to go so far as to say they won't bother changing the ride profile. I think they'll make the film adapt to the current profile, and the Minion Dance Party will be the new Chicken Dance. The press release almost screams it to me.

As far as "showing your dance moves", I say maybe some screens and cameras, a la Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. The rocket sims only restrict the lower half of riders' bodies. Upper body is free to dance. There might be animations on those monitors so that we either look like minions or the minions interact with us, maybe. Post-show dance party sounds like a stretch to me. We'll see soon enough.

EDIT: Ehh, probably will change the ride profile, since it will likely be 'Boogie Fever'-esque. The rest of my prediction remains :thumbs:

Last edited: