Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It will be LIke the Simpsons a Revamp of BTTF. The details pretty much say that with minor upgrades. I don't live in Orlando and I have never Ridden Jimmy Neutron and this ride has Zero interest to me either. It will be at least something new for the park that is more current then a lot of it's current line up. Now lets get ride of Terminator.

It also states that the dance party is after the ride. "The minions will follow folks after the ride at an "interactive dance party," Woodbury said."

Oopsy-poopsy. Well, maybe it will segway into this. Seems odd though. I don't remember much room in the post-show area. I guess they could decrease the available shop area but they're going to want all the room for merch they can get.

Oopsy-poopsy. Well, maybe it will segway into this. Seems odd though. I don't remember much room in the post-show area.

The SpongeBob meet and greet ate up a lot of Hanna Barbera's former post-show. If the remove the meet and greet and some of the backstage space it uses, then that will leave them with a bit more room to use.

I don't understand the disinterest. We did not know this would be in 3D (and the ultra-high resolution that's going into Spidey,too), and it's awesome that there will be at least a few aspects of the attraction besides the ride portion. The press release and video made it clear to me that there will be a pre and post show. Sure, it will probably still be the same sims, but I'm still saying they will upgrade them with more fluid motion, if they're going to do such an udgrade to the screens too. To me, this "interactive experience" doesn't cream to me that we will still have a tiny movie screen in front of a room of sims, imo, something will be changing inside the ride room. I think the storyline they have is a neat idea, it could turn out very interesting. DM has big potential, especially from what they are saying about it, so I think come opening time the hype might be worth it after all. It will certainly be much better than Neutron.

I don't understand the disinterest. We did not know this would be in 3D (and the ultra-high resolution that's going into Spidey,too), and it's awesome that there will be at least a few aspects of the attraction besides the ride portion. The press release and video made it clear to me that there will be a pre and post show. Sure, it will probably still be the same sims, but I'm still saying they will upgrade them with more fluid motion, if they're going to do such an udgrade to the screens too. To me, this "interactive experience" doesn't cream to me that we will still have a tiny movie screen in front of a room of sims, imo, something will be changing inside the ride room. I think the storyline they have is a neat idea, it could turn out very interesting. DM has big potential, especially from what they are saying about it, so I think come opening time the hype might be worth it after all.

I agree here completely. I was afraid that this new attraction would just be a bunch of repaintings and a new ride film, but this announcement has proved me wrong. The whole idea behind the attraction sounds impressively elaborate. Way more elaborate than Universal's more recent additions (minus Potter). With this and Potter, I definitely have much more hope for Universal in the future.

It will certainly be much better than Neutron.

I still think Neutron is highly underrated and gets way too much hate, but whatever. Despicable Me still looks like a worthy successor, so far.

As far a name I'll go for:

Despicable Me: Minion Training in 3D

As far as the attraction is concerned, I connected to the movie but not in the way many of you connect to cartoons because there was on aspect about the movie that hit close to home.

But I know I'm gonna love this attraction and I super excited and I can't wait for it to come to fruitiion, and I also vote to have a bunch of different minions painted on the building doing odd ball stuff.

The Flash Mob was pretty cool, c'mon man :inquisitive:

I thought it was cool especially since they looked VERY much in sync the whole time, I also noticed that a bunch of the TMs were wearing their uniforms, but those Minions did look a bit cheesy :lol:

I don't understand the disinterest. We did not know this would be in 3D (and the ultra-high resolution that's going into Spidey,too), and it's awesome that there will be at least a few aspects of the attraction besides the ride portion. The press release and video made it clear to me that there will be a pre and post show. Sure, it will probably still be the same sims, but I'm still saying they will upgrade them with more fluid motion, if they're going to do such an udgrade to the screens too. To me, this "interactive experience" doesn't cream to me that we will still have a tiny movie screen in front of a room of sims, imo, something will be changing inside the ride room. I think the storyline they have is a neat idea, it could turn out very interesting. DM has big potential, especially from what they are saying about it, so I think come opening time the hype might be worth it after all. It will certainly be much better than Neutron.

I have come to agree with this^ absolutely. Yes, my little theming phase is done. Let the dying commence!

The Flash Mob was pretty cool, c'mon man :inquisitive:

I thought it was cool especially since they looked VERY much in sync the whole time, I also noticed that a bunch of the TMs were wearing their uniforms, but those Minions did look a bit cheesy :lol:

I LOVE Flashmobs, so this got a thumbs up in my book. What better way to celebrate the Minion's invading USF than with a dance party?

In regards to the storyline, I'm sure it'll go something like this:

Audience sits down

Gru and Dr Nefario come out on screen and begin talking about how we are the next batch of recruits to be a minion in 2D

Gru tells Nefario to get the Minionmaking Shrink Ray

Nefario comes back with Stink Ray and sprays the stink in the audience (best way I can think of to incorporate it) :lol:

We get minionized with the right gun, and suddenly the screen is blurry so we need to put on our minion goggles in order to see in focus

Eureka, best way to incoporate it :thumbs:

In regards to the storyline, I'm sure it'll go something like this:

Audience sits down

Gru and Dr Nefario come out on screen and begin talking about how we are the next batch of recruits to be a minion in 2D

Gru tells Nefario to get the Minionmaking Shrink Ray

Nefario comes back with Stink Ray and sprays the stink in the audience (best way I can think of to incorporate it) :lol:

We get minionized with the right gun, and suddenly the screen is blurry so we need to put on our minion goggles in order to see in focus

Eureka, best way to incoporate it :thumbs:
Good idea!

I do have to admit that I'm not exactly sold on the idea of being turned into minions. I think it would be tricky to pull off the illusion convincingly. All you would have to do is look down at yourself and boom, you're not really a minion. I guess we'll have to use suspension of belief.

I do have to admit that I'm not exactly sold on the idea of being turned into minions. I think it would be tricky to pull off the illusion convincingly. All you would have to do is look down at yourself and boom, you're not really a minion. I guess we'll have to use suspension of belief.

Well, it will be a kids ride, so the illusion won't have to be that convincing. But we still don't know exactly how this effect will be pulled off, so...

I'll step up and say that surprisingly, I'm pretty excited for this ride/show. I've always loved The Minions, and the idea of being turned into one sounds neat. I do wonder how they'll pull off the effect though.