Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember guys....TMs will tell you "no" until they are finished moving the barriers out of the way to welcome you in. They aren't going to tell you ahead of time.

Yep (Woodbury and folks), they were out walking around. Had a few yellow vests bringing out trash cans to place outside the fenced areas, and had a few folks out with clothes and windex bottled, tidying up shop windows and the bus.

There was a special event planned, but it may have been canceled. If that's the case, stand your ground. Diagon may just be right through that wall today...

From @MickeyXtreme on twitter, here is the times available for the Diagon Alley package purchasers.

BrUHeQ7CcAEkG6u.jpg

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! There was an event planned for tonight... it was a Diagon Contractor's Party. IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. A soft opening IS being pondered by those at the top for today...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! There was an event planned for tonight... it was a Diagon Contractor's Party. IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. A soft opening IS being pondered by those at the top for today...

Interesting they would cancel an event such as this. Hmmm...

Who from here is known to be there today? I'm hoping we might get some more on gringotts if there are softs... That is... Unless it's going haywire and flying off the tracks again :p:horse:

At this point it seems a safe bet that Gringotts won't be fully ready for the package previews, which leaves me with 2 questions: 1)Would they run it at limited capacity for the package previews since it's a controlled amount of guests, and 2) have we reached a point where they need to get the TMs "real world" guest experience and crowd flow execution down such that they can't be held back by Gringotts being ready for full use?

At this point it seems a safe bet that Gringotts won't be fully ready for the package previews, which leaves me with 2 questions: 1)Would they run it at limited capacity for the package previews since it's a controlled amount of guests, and 2) have we reached a point where they need to get the TMs "real world" guest experience and crowd flow execution down such that they can't be held back by Gringotts being ready for full use?

Yeah, I worry about WB's being the hold out if the ride continues to be unreliable and therefore not open. What a pickle.

I gather that the entire Diagon is fully staffed at this very moment?

All of the areas are fully staffed every day now, even with no guests anticipated.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remember guys....TMs will tell you "no" until they are finished moving the barriers out of the way to welcome you in. They aren't going to tell you ahead of time.

And we don't tell you ahead of time because we don't know ahead of time, plain and simple.

Again, people, please don't camp out.

I'm here today as one of the package guests. I'm going to head down to get my owl and ask some questions, and also will be at guest services at the park to get my new pass sleeve. I will see if they know anything. When I checked in, they gave me a letter telling me we package guests are getting 2 hours in there each day, starting tomorrow. So I'm guessing the package guests are already a little ticked that we didn't get in today.

@HardRockLive mentioned HTF in a tweet

"Take a break from [HASHTAG]#PotterWatch[/HASHTAG] and come have a cold beer and watch the game! @hatetofly said no soft opens. We believe him!"

Status
Not open for further replies.