Disney makes 'Tinker Bell' change clothes | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney makes 'Tinker Bell' change clothes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After what happen in Colorado this past weekend it makes me sick that someone can get so upset over something so incredibly stupid.

Well...this happened about a month or 2 ago. There really should be no correlation between the two, and think you're overreacting a tad.

I actually loled at the ending of that video. She is seriously spoiled, but anyways i can see why Disney has this policy in place though. When I was queuing for Forbidden Journey in the single riders I nearly when past the person in front of me as I thought they were a TM :lol:

Well...this happened about a month or 2 ago. There really should be no correlation between the two, and think you're overreacting a tad.

I know when the video was released. I could have worded my post differently to make that more clear. The time frame is not important to the point i was trying to make. There are countless other examples that I could have used. Clearly Colorado has just been on my mind. I was merely suggesting there are more important things in life to be upset about. The fact that there shouldn't be a correlation between the two events is EXACTLY the point i was trying to make. There shouldn't, in one case people have a reason to be upset, yet the other someone thinks its the end of the world because they can't put on glitter and some plastic wings... it doesn't make sense to me. I don't think expressing that is overreacting, I hope i didn't offend anyone by doing so. Now if the girl was like 5 years old then of course I would be overreacting. But I don't think she should be balling hysterically over it at 15 IMO. Having said that, I know that she was clearly caught up "in the moment" and I'm sure she has realized by now how silly it all was. I actually feel bad for her because I'm sure people have probably laughed at her or teased her about it.

I know when the video was released. I could have worded my post differently to make that more clear. The time frame is not important to the point i was trying to make. There are countless other examples that I could have used. Clearly Colorado has just been on my mind. I was merely suggesting there are more important things in life to be upset about. The fact that there shouldn't be a correlation between the two events is EXACTLY the point i was trying to make. There shouldn't, in one case people have a reason to be upset, yet the other someone thinks its the end of the world because they can't put on glitter and some plastic wings... it doesn't make sense to me. I don't think expressing that is overreacting, I hope i didn't offend anyone by doing so. Now if the girl was like 5 years old then of course I would be overreacting. But I don't think she should be balling hysterically over it at 15 IMO. Having said that, I know that she was clearly caught up "in the moment" and I'm sure she has realized by now how silly it all was. I actually feel bad for her because I'm sure people have probably laughed at her or teased her about it.

If this story happened after the Aurora shootings, this wouldn't have been a story to begin with. Slow news days/periods makes silly news stories relevant.

No doubt she overreacted, but she is still 15. Maturity isn't exactly there yet. :lol:

I don't think it's fair to police anybody's emotions in most situations. Of course something like this is nothing compared to the Aurora tragedy. Most things are nothing. But that doesn't mean that we need to berate the girl and bring it back to compare it to the shooting.

Is it ridiculous that her situation got coverage at all? Yeah. Are there bigger things to be sad about? Of course. But should we 1) tell others what to feel and not feel, 2) pretend as though none of us have been upset over something that others probably considered equally stupid, 3) give emotions a cut-off age, 4) act as though her reaction is the most sickening thing since a recent tragedy, or 5) climb atop our high horses whenever something easy to ridicule comes along? Probably not.

If this story happened after the Aurora shootings, this wouldn't have been a story to begin with. Slow news days/periods makes silly news stories relevant.

No doubt she overreacted, but she is still 15. Maturity isn't exactly there yet. :lol:

This.

But then again, there are places like Yahoo, where every day is a slow news day. :lol:

I don't think it's fair to police anybody's emotions in most situations. Of course something like this is nothing compared to the Aurora tragedy. Most things are nothing. But that doesn't mean that we need to berate the girl and bring it back to compare it to the shooting.

Is it ridiculous that her situation got coverage at all? Yeah. Are there bigger things to be sad about? Of course. But should we 1) tell others what to feel and not feel, 2) pretend as though none of us have been upset over something that others probably considered equally stupid, 3) give emotions a cut-off age, 4) act as though her reaction is the most sickening thing since a recent tragedy, or 5) climb atop our high horses whenever something easy to ridicule comes along? Probably not.

This.

But then again, there are places like Yahoo, where every day is a slow news day. :lol:

I only read articles on Yahoo! because they are there. :lol: Some of their sport articles are the worst, especially those written by Chris Chase.

:doh: now THIS is overreacting. Calm down. I don't hate the girl. I'm just expressing my opinion, Don't take it personally. Did you read my post at 2:06 (#25)

Maturity isn't exactly there yet. :lol:

clearly

Unless the guy was actually dressed like Santa, I don't see how they could possibly punish him for having Santa-like hair and a beard. Next thing you know they'll be kicking out people who resemble a celebrity or something.... Sheesh.

Was this guy wearing a costume? If not, it's hardly disney's place to kick out someone because the 'look like Santa'. That is discrimination. I can understand the Tinkerbell incident, because she actually was wearing a costume, but asking someone to leave because of what they look like is ridiculous.

Im getting to the point were I dont even want to support this company anymore. This was wrong and so judgemental I think I would sue if was that guy.

Not letting a guy in just because he has a white beard. What did they expect him to do to solve the so called "problem"? Force him to shave?

Last edited:
That's the silliest part. That he was told to "Start looking less Santa-ish." Is this meant that he should shave on the spot, or will they replace his ticket for another day? I'll be damned if you dare charge me for your stupidity. I have absolutely no patience for it.