Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
is there another station no listed?

No, it's just worded oddly.

Hub is it CBR. What will be the new tower building.

CBR - Pop/Art at Hourglass Lake bridge. Permits call the building "the overlook."

CBR - Epcot at International Gateway, replacing the old Swan/Dolphin tram turnaround.

CBR - DHS at an area near the buses and boat landing.

The Epcot line is the long one and really the only one that's not a straight shot. It turns twice, however, it'll arguably be the most scenic.

Well they did a bad job at keeping it secret.
Actually they did a very good job keeping it secret. This thing came out of nowhere and only was uncovered through documents, which is kind of unavoidable. For all the "insiders" out there no one seemed to have even a faint rumor of this beforehand.

Reactions: Joel
Actually they did a very good job keeping it secret. This thing came out of nowhere and only was uncovered through documents, which is kind of unavoidable. For all the "insiders" out there no one seemed to have even a faint rumor of this beforehand.
And I think that is why danlb_2000 (on magic) obsessively checking the NOCs filed pays off. He broke this whole project from watching the documents that have to be filed to commence a project and put 2+2 together and see what they were building along with the hotel demo and rebuild

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and s8film40
And I think that is why danlb_2000 (on magic) obsessively checking the NOCs filed pays off. He broke this whole project form watching the documents that have to be filed to commence a project and put 2+2 together and see what they were building along with the hotel demo and rebuild

The info came from the water department filings, not the noc's.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'll politely remind everyone that the only reason the folk at WDWmagic even know how to do it is because of how I posted info there as i found it while working as a researcher for the unofficial guide.

That they've made it a cottage industry as i was disposed still annoys me to this day.

Reactions: s8film40
I'll politely remind everyone that the only reason the folk at WDWmagic even know how to do it is because of how I posted info there as i found it while working as a researcher for the unofficial guide.

That they've made it a cottage industry as i was disposed still annoys me to this day.
Honestly I can't imagine it's that glamorous of a hobby. I wonder how many months of monotonous time was wasted to get to one big hit like this. I appreciate the results but I wouldn't want to do it. I guess it's like being the garbage men of the theme park fan/rumor world, somebody's got to do it.

Used to be fairly predictable. Tue/thu Disney would send a batch of permits in for processing.

It got more complicated recently. Not sure if guidelines changed or what but now they file for even the most mundane things. And now it's not in those predictable batches.

There are still "shells" Disney hides under and ways to tweak the booleans to find information they're obscuring, heck you can unseal the sealed documents on the water use website with a little HTML knowledge - and that often provides full working drawings of areas. A lot of that is beyond what most fans know how to do.

Some of it is just basic sleuthing. Using reedy creek and Atkins as search terms instead of Disney.

What really annoys me is when someone does figure it out and then decides they're an "insider" and uses it to stroke their own ego on a forum.

Reactions: s8film40
As for the Sentinel - they go to the various government agencies and ask to see the documents. Which anyone could do - but they're the ones who put in the effort.

As for the Sentinel - they go to the various government agencies and ask to see the documents. Which anyone could do - but they're the ones who put in the effort.
Haha, I walked into the Reedy Creek planning and engineering department once and started asking about stuff. The guy I was talking with was really nice, gave me a whole bunch of stuff and even printed out a huge (around 3-4 feet tall) property map for me.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Haha, I walked into the Reedy Creek planning and engineering department once and started asking about stuff. The guy I was talking with was really nice, gave me a whole bunch of stuff and even printed out a huge (around 3-4 feet tall) property map for me.

...that's not good from a security standpoint.

Well that's the trade off with having their own public government. There are many benefits Disney gets from RCID, at the same time it is still a independent government and opens them up in other ways. It's a delicate balance I guess. That is also as it seems how the gondola story has now been confirmed is thanks to RCID.

Not really. Most of those documents are easily gained through use of the freedom of information act of sunshine state laws. By not making a fuss, it's less work on their side. I doubt he gained the detailed true blueprint for the district. Only higher level employees have access to that stuff.

Reactions: Joel
Not really. Most of those documents are easily gained through use of the freedom of information act of sunshine state laws. By not making a fuss, it's less work on their side. I doubt he gained the detailed true blueprint for the district. Only higher level employees have access to that stuff.
The Reedy Creek people are really great. I was very fascinated with how WDW ran its operation when I first moved to the area. Almost all of their facilities offer tours. I took tours of wastewater treatment plant, material recovery facility, water lab and several other interesting things. The meetings are public and you can attend if you want, although that's one I've never done.

Security (info and otherwise) at WDW can best be described as a sign on a door saying "Doors like this are locked."

They're not, not even that door itself is locked, but everyone assumes it and others like it are.

When they brought in the outside security firms after 9/11 even they were amazed at how well that policy had worked and for how long. Changes have been made, but at lower levels many doors are just assumed to be locked.

It's like how people assume they're being watched on rides via camera. Forbidden Journey is pretty much the only ride that has the extensive multi-angle camera system that everyone thinks all rides have.

Reactions: ChristopherSE

Still enough data in there to exploit if I had nefarious purposes. Don't get me wrong its great to be nice but I would advise screenings of persons they are showing this information. At least getting names.

Still enough data in there to exploit if I had nefarious purposes. Don't get me wrong its great to be nice but I would advise screenings of persons they are showing this information. At least getting names.
There is a vast amount of public information. They're legally required to give out certain things. It's not a decision on their part it's just the way it is and isn't unique to WDW, every government and company has public filings.

For example when the iPhone was first announced they announced it 6 months before its release, they specifically said they did this because once the FCC filings went through the public would figure it out.

RCID is a government and they need to follow Florida state laws and regulations. They are required to provide certain information if it is requested.