Disney to Buy Hasbro? | Inside Universal Forums

Disney to Buy Hasbro?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I read on MTVGEEK.COM earlier that Disney is currently considering,purchasing the Hasbro company. I just thought I would pass this info along. I really think if Disney is doing this to get complete control over the Star Wars toy line then this makes sense. However Hasbro could just sell Disney their Kenner division and keep receiving residuals from Disney for them using,their IPs. I think if this deal does go through this will be the end of all third party Transformer makers essentially alienating,a good chunk of the TF fanbase which (judging from all my visits to BOTCON) is quite huge and even rivals that of Star Wars.

Absolutely :thumbs: I guess people think this would be an easy deal but Hasbro has many ties to many different companies such as Takara of Japan which would have to approve this deal as this would effect them as well. The transformers brand may only be 28 years old but the roots for it were laid down years before. I used to have an original Starscream which was first molded in 1974. I'm also hoping this doesn't go through at all. Maybe if Hasbro just dumped their Kenner division off on Disney it would be cool...since Hasbro bought and shut down Kenner only using the name for the recent commerative figures. :cheers:

Ok... That's enough now Disney...

Disney just don't know when to quit. They can't even run themselves properly (parks falling in quality, movies falling in quality [They used to have great quality, now its almost impossible for them to make a movie that is not a remake with a different title], etc) and they keep trying to expand. Lucasfilms was understandable considering how close to two companies have been but this starting to get a bit crazy. They are becoming as bad as Apple with this stuff.

Plus if they do it will be funny, how Universal once again holds the rights to the biggest franchise, in their parks, as well as Paramount having the rights to the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

what if any impact on the rides will this have

It wont have any since Universal already have the rights to it, for so long, plus Paramount holds the rights to the films which the ride is based on.

It's incredible the facts people make up in their heads about Disney sometimes.

But honestly, I'm sure it's nothing more than them exploring their options with the toy rights to the 4 billion dollar purchase they just made.

There is nothing fake or non fact about what I said.

Besides everything.

Since 2010, 10 original films have been produced by Disney. 1 has been a remake. 3 have been sequels (All three of which were based on franchises fans WANTED to see new material from). Pixar has turned in 2 sequels and 1 original film. That's a whopping 11 to 6 in favor of brand new movies. This is even allowing the ridiculous idea that nobody wanted to see a new Tron film, more Muppets, or a close out to the Toy Story franchise. Disney's animated division has made a complete turn around lately with Tangled being pretty well received, and Wreck It Ralph topping the box office this past weekend.

And in case you didn't notice, Disney is global theme park company. And in no way are they struggling in quality. Last I checked, they just churned out their best dark ride to date over in California. And Tokyo Sea is still the best park in the world, regardless of OLC involvement. Is TDO failing its fans? Absolutely. Are the Disney Parks lacking everywhere else? Hell no.

Apple is only one of the most successful companies in the world. Why on Earth would Disney wanna be like them? :meditate:

It been a long time since I sold my toy collection but didn't Marvel own Toy biz, that was bought by Hasbro?
Hasbro also owns GI Joe and Masters of the Universe correct?

Disney is a monster.

Disney is also driven by ABC and ESPN. Despite trying their best to provide terrible analysis, ESPN still dominates the world of sports coverage.

And lets not forget Disney has stockholders to please. A company struggling to manage itself would not be allowed to make the moves it has.

Besides everything.

Since 2010, 10 original films have been produced by Disney. 1 has been a remake. 3 have been sequels (All three of which were based on franchises fans WANTED to see new material from). Pixar has turned in 2 sequels and 1 original film. That's a whopping 11 to 6 in favor of brand new movies. This is even allowing the ridiculous idea that nobody wanted to see a new Tron film, more Muppets, or a close out to the Toy Story franchise. Disney's animated division has made a complete turn around lately with Tangled being pretty well received, and Wreck It Ralph topping the box office this past weekend.
Sequels can are based on a existing idea and Disney sequels have not had quality in those years (remember success in the box office does not mean people enjoyed it, example Pirates). Many of the new films made by Disney have been low budget. All the major budget movies have been sequels or remakes, except for one which was a major flop due to it horrible quality. I will get you Wreck It Ralph mostly because I have never heard of it at all, Disney never advertises out her unless its Pirates or TS. There is a massive lack of quality control in recent Disney movies.

And in case you didn't notice, Disney is global theme park company. And in no way are they struggling in quality. Last I checked, they just churned out their best dark ride to date over in California. And Tokyo Sea is still the best park in the world, regardless of OLC involvement. Is TDO failing its fans? Absolutely. Are the Disney Parks lacking everywhere else? Hell no.

Many of the international parks have been very unsuccessful and they are working hard to try and get them to be profitable. The same goes for Carsland trying to recover from their massive mistake. Also if you Disney doesn't pay for Toyko so they have nothing to do with the success or failure of the park. It can't be classed as being in the Disney corp.

Apple is only one of the most successful companies in the world. Why on Earth would Disney wanna be like them? :meditate:

Apple is a corrupt company. They work with other companies then stab them in the back once they get what they want. Almost every single company in electronics works together to innovate the industry, Apple on the other hand is holding the industry back, by constantly suing other companies, either for the most pathetic reasons or suing the very company that developed the hardware for them. They also gain much success by the fact they claim to be innovative and invent new features. The truth is Apple has not had a feature they invented or innovated in around 15-20 years (excluding their useless manufacturing process that wastes materials, takes longer and has zero benefits). They knowingly false advertise, lying to every single one of its customers.

Disney has lost track of what made them great. They no longer live by the dreams of Walt.

Sequels can are based on a existing idea and Disney sequels have not had quality in those years (remember success in the box office does not mean people enjoyed it, example Pirates). Many of the new films made by Disney have been low budget. All the major budget movies have been sequels or remakes, except for one which was a major flop due to it horrible quality. I will get you Wreck It Ralph mostly because I have never heard of it at all, Disney never advertises out her unless its Pirates or TS. There is a massive lack of quality control in recent Disney movies.

But people DID enjoy the Muppets. People loved Toy Story 3. Despite not living up to expectations, most people had a good time with Tron Legacy (and notably Electronica was a huge hit at DCA). You obviously have a very limited view of the company outside the US. Not necessarily your fault, but you have a faulted viewpoint.

Many of the international parks have been very unsuccessful and they are working hard to try and get them to be profitable. The same goes for Carsland trying to recover from their massive mistake. Also if you Disney doesn't pay for Toyko so they have nothing to do with the success or failure of the park. It can't be classed as being in the Disney corp.

Oh, please. Then I'll write off WWOHP because it was making up for the failings of Universal Orlando. But it doesn't work that way. Carsland is a hit. Disneyland is thriving. And Tokyo still shows what Imagineers are capable of when set free.

Apple is a corrupt company. They work with other companies then stab them in the back once they get what they want. Almost every single company in electronics works together to innovate the industry, Apple on the other hand is holding the industry back, by constantly suing other companies, either for the most pathetic reasons or suing the very company that developed the hardware for them. They also gain much success by the fact they claim to be innovative and invent new features. The truth is Apple has not had a feature they invented or innovated in around 15-20 years (excluding their useless manufacturing process that wastes materials, takes longer and has zero benefits). They knowingly false advertise, lying to every single one of its customers.

:rofl:

Disney has lost track of what made them great. They no longer live by the dreams of Walt.

You obviously have very personal issues here. I'm not arguing Disney is run "Walt's Way", but to claim they are a struggling company is pretty inaccurate.