Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

FINALLY using the Muppets in a fun way....pleaseeee be good. I still would like a ten episode show...but think a show and like 2-3 specials like this a year would be great

The Fox Network is shutting down in the UK, so all library seasons and the finale season of The Walking Dead will air on Disney+ this fall. The closure of the network will also mean other shows coming to Disney+ Star, but TWD is the biggest not already on the service. Disney does not own The Walking Dead, but I believe they own the syndication rights, which is how they have the library content on top of the current season.

Of course by season 11 of this show, i'm not exactly sure who still cares, but hey, it's a thing if you live in the UK! Those of you with Star are really getting a Netflix level bang for your buck with the amount of content each week. I know Disney releases weekly, but it seems like some of the Star shows should be released as binges. All of may they have at least 10 (or more) new original releases each week between Disney+ and Star. Although a lot of the reason for that is they use ABC and Fox as a vehicle for content and they release all the major shows that they currently distribute between those networks weekly, sort of like hulu.

Man, I'm just glad it's not a Parks & Rec / The Office clone. The idea of that has worried me since this project was announced.
The idea of that actually never crossed my mind, although now that you say it, I can picture it. They tried something like that with The Muppets on ABC back around 2015 or so and it flopped (although the show actually really came into it's own by the end of the season) so i'd actually be surprised had they tried again.

The closest they've come to doing an Office-style show since then has been with High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, although that's really only like it in the sense that there's confessionals as the show is more of a coming of age musical drama (ala Glee) than anything.

Do we have any guesses (or insider knowledge) on what will debut first this year....Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye?

I have to wonder if it'll bleed with What If in the terms of the release schedule (or even, where exactly will What If be positioned as, considering it's nature as a direct animated project).

The Bad Batch will be likely finished by August 6th, so they could technically have What if on Fridays, and then Hawkeye (Which i'm betting will be the less visually intensive of the two) on Wednesdays, leading then for Ms. Marvel by November. Though given the large ensemble cast for the anthology series, I almost wonder if What If will be on Wednesdays, because of the large AAA talent from Marvel's pool being directly involved.

I have to wonder if it'll bleed with What If in the terms of the release schedule (or even, where exactly will What If be positioned as, considering it's nature as a direct animated project).

The Bad Batch will be likely finished by August 6th, so they could technically have What if on Fridays, and then Hawkeye (Which i'm betting will be the less visually intensive of the two) on Wednesdays, leading then for Ms. Marvel by November. Though given the large ensemble cast for the anthology series, I almost wonder if What If will be on Wednesdays, because of the large AAA talent from Marvel's pool being directly involved.
Well I think your prediction on Hawkeye seems right...

https://screenrant.com/hawkeye-show-post-production-complete-mcu/

I'm still kinda betting on Hawkeye being the last MCU show of the year. I mean maybe they want three films and two shows...but seems like a lot

To me makes sense for Miss Marvel to be out next year When Wanda Came out...but we will see.

I'm still kinda betting on Hawkeye being the last MCU show of the year. I mean maybe they want three films and two shows...but seems like a lot

To me makes sense for Miss Marvel to be out next year When Wanda Came out...but we will see.
Disney+ is a completely different division from the Films division. Disney+ doesn't care that there's three Marvel movies coming out later this year. Disney+ is focusing on content for themselves and the only reason I can see them shelving Ms Marvel until next year is because it would almost definitely overlap with Boba Fett. Ms. Marvel is a 10 Episode, 30 minute show like WandaVision, so that'd be 9 weeks (over 2 months) assuming we get 2 episodes on the first week.

We will see but dumb if the company isn't talking to it self about media plans. Also too much is a real thing and think they can risk it if they put too much on at once.

I mean we have Bad Batch, Loki and Monsters all in July...feels really dammed packed just from that

We will see but dumb if the company isn't talking to it self about media plans. Also too much is a real thing and think they can risk it if they put too much on at once.

I mean we have Bad Batch, Loki and Monsters all in July...feels really dammed packed just from that
I mean, that's just a weeks worth of new content on Netflix. Disney+ just spreads out it's content over weeks since they have less new content currently.

I'm pretty sure as soon as Bad Batch ends in August, What If? will start almost immediately afterward with Hawkeye not far behind.

Last edited:

I'd argue though that is honestly to be expected. Disney is aiming to compete against Netflix, who as a streaming platform, provides original content often in days to week intervals. It's smaller amounts of quality per week (but in higher quality), but it is getting to that level over time.

Disney+ is a completely different division from the Films division. Disney+ doesn't care that there's three Marvel movies coming out later this year. Disney+ is focusing on content for themselves and the only reason I can see them shelving Ms Marvel until next year is because it would almost definitely overlap with Boba Fett. Ms. Marvel is a 10 Episode, 30 minute show like WandaVision, so that'd be 9 weeks (over 2 months) assuming we get 2 episodes on the first week.
I think you might be confusing Ms. Marvel with She-Hulk. Ms. Marvel will be 6 episodes.

Ms. Marvel (TV series)

I think we will see Hawkeye in early September followed immediately by Ms.Marvel in mid to late October. That way both shows will most likely be wrapped up in time for a Boba Fett premiere around Thanksgiving.

Well I think your prediction on Hawkeye seems right...

Hawkeye Directors Share Update On Marvel Show's Progress

Just so everyone is aware, that article is wrong/doesn't know how post production works. The Instagram post by the directors just says that they completed the director's cut, not that post production is finished. The director's cut is one of the first things finished (usually within a month or so) after completing principal photography. Then they show that cut to the studio and get notes back and continue on post production for months after that. I have a friend working on that show and I know they are slated to be on it in post until close to the end of this year.

I don't know when HAWKEYE will start, but I'll be very surprised if it isn't running near the Christmas season, given that the show is apparently set around the holiday.
I won't be surprised, because I don't think Ms. Marvel will be ready to debut in time before October-ish, and with Hawkeye done with Post-Production already, that show can drop as soon as Loki is done if they really want whereas Ms. Marvel very likely won't be ready too.

For that reason, I see no way Ms. Marvel airs before Hawkeye UNLESS they want to give What If? it's own release window, but I think What If? will be released immediately following Bad Batch and will be the new Friday animation show, while Hawkeye airs on Wednesday's after Loki.

I have two passion projects for Disney+, This includes Disney owning Rainbow Spa and Winx Club from ViacomCBS to make it as addition for Disney+ and Hulu (also Star), and one that i have always, always, always wanted to reboot is House of Mouse.

I won't be surprised, because I don't think Ms. Marvel will be ready to debut in time before October-ish, and with Hawkeye done with Post-Production already, that show can drop as soon as Loki is done if they really want whereas Ms. Marvel very likely won't be ready too.

For that reason, I see no way Ms. Marvel airs before Hawkeye UNLESS they want to give What If? it's own release window, but I think What If? will be released immediately following Bad Batch and will be the new Friday animation show, while Hawkeye airs on Wednesday's after Loki.
Bad Batch is reportedly 16 episodes, which means it should conclude on 8/13. What If is 10 episodes so let’s say it started the following week, that means it wouldn’t conclude until 10/22. Maybe Ms. Marvel starts after that on 10/29 followed immediately by Hawkeye...I don’t know a world where one of these shows won’t cross over with each other or Boba Fett. If Hawkeye takes place around the holidays, that might be the one that goes with Boba. Hawkeye on Wednesdays and Boba on Fridays.