Disney+ | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bad Batch is reportedly 16 episodes, which means it should conclude on 8/13. What If is 10 episodes so let’s say it started the following week, that means it wouldn’t conclude until 10/22. Maybe Ms. Marvel starts after that on 10/29 followed immediately by Hawkeye...I don’t know a world where one of these shows won’t cross over with each other or Boba Fett. If Hawkeye takes place around the holidays, that might be the one that goes with Boba. Hawkeye on Wednesdays and Boba on Fridays.
I just don't think What If is a big enough show to be a marquee show and take up 10 weeks worth of time in place of Hawkeye. I think What If will run side-by-side with Hawkeye and eventually Ms. Marvel. This would avoid any crossover with Boba Fett and would get all of those Marvel shows out this year.

Sure, the MCU actors did their voices for What If, but I still don't see it as something that deserves its own 10-week window and delaying Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel because of it.

Reactions: HalfGlass
So the Disney Launchpad shorts collection is a really good addition. There's 6 short films in total, i've watched about half of them so far and all in all it's pretty different from the usual type of content uploaded to Disney+. Here's a trailer for one of the shorts:

Reactions: Clive
Bad Batch is reportedly 16 episodes, which means it should conclude on 8/13. What If is 10 episodes so let’s say it started the following week, that means it wouldn’t conclude until 10/22. Maybe Ms. Marvel starts after that on 10/29 followed immediately by Hawkeye...I don’t know a world where one of these shows won’t cross over with each other or Boba Fett. If Hawkeye takes place around the holidays, that might be the one that goes with Boba. Hawkeye on Wednesdays and Boba on Fridays.
Disney did confirm that What If...? will debut in August, it seems. No specific date yet, but if they are going with Wednesday, it could be 8/21, or 8/23 if Friday's i'd say are most likely dates considering when Bad Batch ends.

Also, just an FYI:

Reactions: Coasted
I hope the Monster Show is good....and maybe others like the design but think Mike and Sully are top tier monster designs and this new main guy and friends are...meh

But if the characters are good then that is what will matter I guess

Reactions: GA-MBIT
To me, the animation looks off because of how fast-paced the movements are. I get that this was never gonna have Pixar-level quality, but I'm getting major "Dreamworks on Nickelodeon" vibes from that trailer.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
To me, the animation looks off because of how fast-paced the movements are. I get that this was never gonna have Pixar-level quality, but I'm getting major "Dreamworks on Nickelodeon" vibes from that trailer.
I feel like Lucasfilm Animation has a similar problem where there's too much movement in the face and body for what should be subtle emotional expression. But that's just a function of a TV budget and schedule. See also the use of matte paintings in Clone Wars and Bad Batch for environments that would normally be modeled in a film. But this still looks cheaper because Clone Wars has way better shot composition and lighting. Then again, this is a comedy, so different flater lighting is appropriate.

I'm also of the opinion that this won't be the norm, as this is (so far) the only major Disney Animation or Pixar project that is produced outside of the company. Iwaju, Moana, Tiana, and Win or Lose will be the true test of quality.

I feel bad for those at Pixar. Their last *true* theatrical release was Toy Story 4 in June 2019, even though as of next week, they’ll have released three films since TS4 (Onward, Soul and Luca) add this and it really feels like Pixar is nothing but a vehicle for Disney+ these days.

And yes, I realize Onward was released theatrically and was a casualty of COVID, but it was in theaters for a very short time before they closed and it went to Disney+ is my point.

Sorry to double post, but the biggest news that none of us seem to have noticed is that Monsters At Work got a release date change. It was previously scheduled to come out on July 2nd and is now scheduled to come out on WEDNESDAY, July 7th. So it looks like that Wednesday release date is here to stay and it's not just for Marvel.

I like this as a lot of things can get lost in the shuffle the more they start releasing at once. In the US they're currently releasing four shows at once and while that may not be overbearing, step literally to any country outside of the US (Canada or the UK for example) and between the Star originals and Disney+ shows, you're looking at around 10 shows (or more) releasing each week. So starting to get audiences used to the fact that Friday's aren't the only days content releases on the platform and spreading things out almost like broadcast TV in a way is smart so that you aren't just dumping a mountain of new episodes for different shows on people all at once each week.

Sorry to double post, but the biggest news that none of us seem to have noticed is that Monsters At Work got a release date change. It was previously scheduled to come out on July 2nd and is now scheduled to come out on WEDNESDAY, July 7th. So it looks like that Wednesday release date is here to stay and it's not just for Marvel.

I like this as a lot of things can get lost in the shuffle the more they start releasing at once. In the US they're currently releasing four shows at once and while that may not be overbearing, step literally to any country outside of the US (Canada or the UK for example) and between the Star originals and Disney+ shows, you're looking at around 10 shows (or more) releasing each week. So starting to get audiences used to the fact that Friday's aren't the only days content releases on the platform and spreading things out almost like broadcast TV in a way is smart so that you aren't just dumping a mountain of new episodes for different shows on people all at once each week.
This is a good point - and we also have to remember that Disney has stake in the theatrical release window more than most competitors (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon). So they probably are doing this to dominate the conversation over two days a week. On Wednesday “oh hey Loki was great this week”, but come Friday “Black Widow was awesome in IMAX”.

Reactions: Nick
This is a good point - and we also have to remember that Disney has stake in the theatrical release window more than most competitors (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon). So they probably are doing this to dominate the conversation over two days a week. On Wednesday “oh hey Loki was great this week”, but come Friday “Black Widow was awesome in IMAX”.
Oh, that’s 100% the reason, at least with Marvel shows. Disney doesn’t want their own D+ product stepping on their theatrical content.

Reactions: SeventyOne
THR is reporting that Disney+ will be moving all their original series to Wednesdays starting in July.
Tom Hiddleston did say Wednesday is the new Friday, but I wasn’t expecting that to mean everything:lol: I assume this is mainly so Disney+ isn’t impacting theatrical releases.

I am surprised they are moving their entire slate though as I think it’s nice spreading things out a bit.

Tom Hiddleston did say Wednesday is the new Friday, but I wasn’t expecting that to mean everything:lol: I assume this is mainly so Disney+ isn’t impacting theatrical releases.

I am surprised they are moving their entire slate though as I think it’s nice spreading things out a bit.

I'm guessing that's the goal in the long run. It seems they also want their own "day" like every other platform seems to have.

Eventually, they will have enough programming that they could conceivably be dropping new episodes of shows every weekday like a regular television network.

I'd prefer that over a dump of content on a single day.

Eventually, they will have enough programming that they could conceivably be dropping new episodes of shows every weekday like a regular television network.

I'd prefer that over a dump of content on a single day.
They're already dropping 4-5 episodes of different shows in the US and around 10 shows running internationally, so i'd say at least internationally they should already be moving to at least a few days. Aside from exclusive content, they also have things like NatGeo shows that air episodes of things like Gordon Ramsey Uncharted a few days after it airs on TV, which tends to get buried.

I did notice that Original films will still release on Fridays.

Reactions: belloq87