Disneyland Resort | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry for the Double Post but just saw a video on Youtube

It was talking about how analyst think it could take years before Disneyland gets back into full swing. Do we really think by Christmas things wont be back to normal?

Also they were talking about hotels like most people stay on property when they get a hotel..this seems very out of touch. I know some people do but I would think most people staying are off sit...a Disneyland hotel is 400-700 bucks most people don't have that to spend plus tickets and food.

Good. The sense of entitlement that he (& anyone else trying it) should be allowed to bypass all requirements was reckless, careless, selfish and just plain wrong. If he’s not fully vaccinated, he can wait like everybody else has to.

This is the same guy that waltzed right into the abandoned Nickelodeon Studios and is now banned from UO

Thing is, he said in 2015, when his ban was lifted by WDW, that he "didn't know that it was wrong". Then, he turns around and does it at Universal. I'm not trying to come off as "Mr. Perfect" but I stay where guests are supposed to stay and don't try to get backstage. To me, that is what we're supposed to do and a theme park has every right to kick me out and ban me if I willingly break those rules. Also, I watched a couple of his vlogs and they weren't for me. I don't know the man but I'm not going to support him by watching his videos.

I just hope that Disneyland's reopening works and that the state doesn't force them to close down again. It's hard to find the truth on Covid anymore but it seems that the disease doesn't spread in outside conditions and then it's a matter of social distancing and masks for the indoor attractions/queues.

I just hope that Disneyland's reopening works and that the state doesn't force them to close down again. It's hard to find the truth on Covid anymore but it seems that the disease doesn't spread in outside conditions and then it's a matter of social distancing and masks for the indoor attractions/queues.
I agree, I hope it goes well for them, it's time to get everything functioning again

I hope people don't mess it up

I agree, I hope it goes well for them, it's time to get everything functioning again

I hope people don't mess it up

I hope so, as well. After visiting Universal and Sea World this past week, I will say Universal’s safety measures were top notch, consistent and efficient, not to mention enforced. I can’t say the same for sea world. It wasn’t to the point that I, even if I hadn’t been vaccinated would feel unsafe, but the optics weren’t great there and I wouldn’t doubt if some agency saw what was happening they would shut them down immediately. Comparing the two, universal has way more resources than Sea World to open safely. Disney I imagine will have even more. I’m hopeful.

Sorry for the Double Post but just saw a video on Youtube

It was talking about how analyst think it could take years before Disneyland gets back into full swing. Do we really think by Christmas things wont be back to normal?

Also they were talking about hotels like most people stay on property when they get a hotel..this seems very out of touch. I know some people do but I would think most people staying are off sit...a Disneyland hotel is 400-700 bucks most people don't have that to spend plus tickets and food.

It's less about things being "normal" and more about getting the company's Parks & Resorts division being back in the green. This year will be a start, but I imagine it will take a while to get things back to where they were pre-pandemic. Karen Irwin said something similar a few months ago in regards to USH. Getting people back to work and starting to generate some income again is the start, but it's going to take a while for these parks to be profitable again.

We literally can't afford more shut downs.
It's less about things being "normal" and more about getting the company's Parks & Resorts division being back in the green. This year will be a start, but I imagine it will take a while to get things back to where they were pre-pandemic. Karen Irwin said something similar a few months ago in regards to USH. Getting people back to work and starting to generate some income again is the start, but it's going to take a while for these parks to be profitable again.
I thought Universal and Disney said they still posted profits last year....so by summer shouldn't they be good if they are allowed 100% capacity?

I thought Universal and Disney said they still posted profits last year....so by summer shouldn't they be good if they are allowed 100% capacity?

Universal/Comcast made enough to be in the black, even with the problematic element of not having Hollywood open.

Disney, if I recall, had losses in the sector containing the theme parks.

I'm not sure what you mean by good exactly. Disney's Parks, Resorts & Experiences division lost about $2.4 billion dollars in revenue last year. It is important to keep in mind that specific section of the company is more than just the Disneyland Resort properties, though. Their 2021 Q1 numbers for theme parks were down 53% and while opening the parks in California sooner rather than later will help, it is going to take some time for them to make up the loss and then become profitable again.

I'm not sure what you mean by good exactly. Disney's Parks, Resorts & Experiences division lost about $2.4 billion dollars in revenue last year. It is important to keep in mind that specific section of the company is more than just the Disneyland Resort properties, though. Their 2021 Q1 numbers for theme parks were down 53% and while opening the parks in California sooner rather than later will help, it is going to take some time for them to make up the loss and then become profitable again.
If your in the black then you did well last year

Also I'm not trying to start an argument but Disney easily could have had events going for 6 months buttt didn't even have anything running until 2021.

I hope things gets back to normal ASAP, maybe Disney will be fine with no shows like WOC and parades but I just know I will not be paying full price without those kinda things and so hopefully they push for those to be back by end of summer

If your in the black then you did well last year

Also I'm not trying to start an argument but Disney easily could have had events going for 6 months buttt didn't even have anything running until 2021.

I hope things gets back to normal ASAP, maybe Disney will be fine with no shows like WOC and parades but I just know I will not be paying full price without those kinda things and so hopefully they push for those to be back by end of summer

I agree that they could have done more in 2020, no doubt! I was just mentioning that of course they took a hit, and that hit will take a while to cover and get back to profit status. I don't think it will affect the average guest too much aside from some entertainment offerings being altered or put on hold. To be honest, I think most people here in California will just be happy to get back in the parks. End of summer seems early for that kind of stuff to return IMO, but stranger things have happened. I don't think the ticket fiasco went as well as they would have liked so we may see some more of those offerings start back up to lure people in.

I agree that they could have done more in 2020, no doubt! I was just mentioning that of course they took a hit, and that hit will take a while to cover and get back to profit status. I don't think it will affect the average guest too much aside from some entertainment offerings being altered or put on hold. To be honest, I think most people here in California will just be happy to get back in the parks. End of summer seems early for that kind of stuff to return IMO, but stranger things have happened. I don't think the ticket fiasco went as well as they would have liked so we may see some more of those offerings start back up to lure people in.
I could be wrong but I honestly think their are more people like me who just will not spend 150 bucks for no Shows and rides not being filled.

Like i said could be wrong but think after the first wave most people will say it was fun but...its not 100% as fun as it used to be (unless unlike Six flags and USH they some how have magically fixed all the issues) but think Disney will be under what they want until travel gets back to what it was before. But its all speculation we will see if the Spiderman ride gets good enough reviews to draw people in before shows return

Reactions: Mad Dog
Until the bring passes back there are a lot of people waiting it out.

I could be wrong but I honestly think their are more people like me who just will not spend 150 bucks for no Shows and rides not being filled.

Like i said could be wrong but think after the first wave most people will say it was fun but...its not 100% as fun as it used to be (unless unlike Six flags and USH they some how have magically fixed all the issues) but think Disney will be under what they want until travel gets back to what it was before. But its all speculation we will see if the Spiderman ride gets good enough reviews to draw people in before shows return

WbL6MbH.png
Looking at some livestreams from CM previews today parking/security looks like a cluster at 9:00am. Interesting times ahead for Disneyland.

Wait times don’t look bad. Peter Pan has the longest with 20 minutes. Strange, some attractions say open but waits aren’t showing up (Guardians, Alice) and HM & Snow White say temporarily closed.

Snow White redo looked great! It made me try to think of what rides haven't seen physical or effects upgrades in the last decade...

Snow White, Alice, Haunted Mansion, BTMR, Indiana Jones, Sleeping Beauty, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Peter Pan, and Splash all have or will have gotten some form of projection mapping or major physical changes. Storybook Land River Boats got new Frozen miniatures (and new ones could always come with new films). Autopia changed its sponsor and added some figures along the road. Small World added the Disney figures. Then there's the beautiful improvements around the Rivers of America...

That leaves Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Tarzan's Treehouse, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, Space Mountain, and Roger Rabbit as rides that could see small enhancements ala Snow White, Alice, and Matterhorn in the future. Space Mountain. The Fantasyland style dark rides should be a shoo-in for enhancements over the next few years (especially Toad). Not sure what they could do for Tarzan given the location. Buzz and Space Mountain are perfect in my eyes, though new effects would be nice. Of course, Tomorrowland as a whole needs more love.

Otherwise, besides the terrible new Club 33 layout, Disney has done a pretty excellent job keeping rides and areas around the park updated, especially considering how many there are.