Disneyland Resort | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dam...couldn't make it a year

Sigh....guess the park will always be crowded with people who have ridden Rise of the Resistance 100 times but still make it difficult for me to get on it once....fun

Listening to Disneyland President Ken Potrock on the D23 podcast he touted their technology and the move towards virtual queue and mobile ordering. I think the future is where Rise is at. Now can they manage it better yes. But when demand out paces supply something has to give. They don't have the space for a standard line so I don't see them doing it anytime in the next 10 years.

It would probably be a mistake but I wish that they would just go with a standard queue line for Rise and just be done with it.

Listening to Disneyland President Ken Potrock on the D23 podcast he touted their technology and the move towards virtual queue and mobile ordering. I think the future is where Rise is at. Now can they manage it better yes. But when demand out paces supply something has to give. They don't have the space for a standard line so I don't see them doing it anytime in the next 10 years.
I like V Qs...I just hate how hard it is to get a spot for this ride

It works great for SLOP

It would probably be a mistake but I wish that they would just go with a standard queue line for Rise and just be done with it.

I don't mind the idea of virtual queues and to be honest it seems like the way to go moving forward. The system they have for Rise of the Resistance is not a very good one, though. Curious to see how things go when the park re-opens tomorrow since you will now have two chances to get a boarding pass. The 7 AM opportunity can apparently be done from anywhere as opposed to having to be inside the park, so we'll see how it works in a few hours I guess.

Also remember the Virtual Q going forward from now on will be VERY different. 7 AM reservation time WHEREVER you are in the entire world (as long as you have a starting reservation for Disneyland that day). If you fail getting that, you have another chance at 12 PM if you are inside the parks.
To me, that sounds way more manageable.

The thing I hated most was waking up super early, stressing in the parking lot, crowding in front of the gate, rushing to find a spot in the park with good data, syncing everyone's passes together and all taking a spin in the lotto with hopes of getting it. Then say you do get a boarding pass but it's not until a time way later at night and you essentially did all that for what feels like nothing or worse, you DON'T get a boarding pass.

This at least let's you sleep in a tiny extra bit by just trying to get a pass in bed for a minute, then you can knock back out, and head to the resort stress free. Even if you don't get it, you already set your expectations for the day and can plan to maximize your time elsewhere. And if you're an APer, you can just head to the parks towards the end of the day if you have a super late boarding number instead of crowding the parks.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadbydawn
I'm sorry, but the virtual queueing experience is pretty objectively terrible and prioritizes annual passholders and other savvy guests that do mountains of research. It's an inherently flawed system in the way that it's currently implemented. It also goes against decades of theme park conditioning.

I really enjoy Rise, but the experience of getting on it is nothing short of miserable. The new changes should help, but it's still a mess.

Anyway, I am happy to hear Blue Bayou is poised to return shortly. Hope that signals a return for other full-service eateries. And hey... new passes by end of the year? Lot of good news.

Also remember the Virtual Q going forward from now on will be VERY different. 7 AM reservation time WHEREVER you are in the entire world (as long as you have a starting reservation for Disneyland that day). If you fail getting that, you have another chance at 12 PM if you are inside the parks.
To me, that sounds way more manageable.

The thing I hated most was waking up super early, stressing in the parking lot, crowding in front of the gate, rushing to find a spot in the park with good data, syncing everyone's passes together and all taking a spin in the lotto with hopes of getting it. Then say you do get a boarding pass but it's not until a time way later at night and you essentially did all that for what feels like nothing or worse, you DON'T get a boarding pass.

This at least let's you sleep in a tiny extra bit by just trying to get a pass in bed for a minute, then you can knock back out, and head to the resort stress free. Even if you don't get it, you already set your expectations for the day and can plan to maximize your time elsewhere. And if you're an APer, you can just head to the parks towards the end of the day if you have a super late boarding number instead of crowding the parks.

Ugh, that early morning stress to be in the park and maybe get a boarding pass was the absolute worst and no theme park attraction should require that much effort.

Reactions: DTH
I must disagree. As someone who does plenty of research before a theme park visit, I’m reaping the rewards. That’s like saying, “Wait times shouldn’t be available on an app.” Because I’m savvy and wanting to be prepared to wait the lowest amount of time possible and see as many attractions as possible, I shouldn’t have a leg up on the average person who stumbles into DL at 10:30 AM without a game plan?

I am in your camp. If you are going to shell out a lot of money and do no research on how to best maximize you experience then you shouldn’t complain when a highly desired attraction is gone for the day. Now I get there are circumstances where people have little ones and getting to DL at 7:00 am is hard.

The 2 time slots and not having to be in the park at 7:00 to try for a pass may help but eventually the will have to go back to being in the path when they drop reservations.

I think maybe adding random spots throughout the day if someone refreshes the app would help but that would leave fewer spots to the 7 and 12 get.

Or just make it an up charge attraction for a few years. (Please don’t kill me I know it’s not fair but it’s an idea)

I must disagree. As someone who does plenty of research before a theme park visit, I’m reaping the rewards. That’s like saying, “Wait times shouldn’t be available on an app.” Because I’m savvy and wanting to be prepared to wait the lowest amount of time possible and see as many attractions as possible, I shouldn’t have a leg up on the average person who stumbles into DL at 10:30 AM without a game plan?

Reactions: JawsVictim
I don't understand the dislike for APs? Most people complaining about them are other passholders so what's the problem? Granted I've never owned a pass and have only gone twice so: :shrug:

Reactions: DTH
I don't understand the dislike for APs? Most people complaining about them are other passholders so what's the problem? Granted I've never owned a pass and have only gone twice so: :shrug:
Both camps can't see their own elitism. One are passholes who think they own the park, go weekly, and are like vultures for any opportunity to be one of the first over people paying just to be there that one day. The others are apparently rich, can go whenever they want without an AP, and don't mind shelling out the $200+ every other month or so to go.

Meanwhile, Average Joe who goes once every 10 years is complaining the parks are crowded and just accepts it as part of the misery of parenthood. And elsewhere, children are dying of starvation, so count your lucky stars we have the privilege to do anything this fun.

End of the day, Disney is here to make money. Anyone thinking they'll deny $1200, whether that's upfront or over a monthly payments throughout the year, probably doesn't know how to do business. Disney wouldn't have an AP program PERIOD if it didn't make them a crap ton of money for so long. It's on hold for logistical reasons and rightly so, so anyone with hopes or dreams of otherwise is frankly in Fantasyland.

Everyone just needs to accept that Disney is crowded. Things shut down. Bottlenecks make things slower. Food is expensive. Merch is even more expensive. If anyone wants a premium VIP experience, they're gonna have to pay for it like a celebrity.

Anyone complaining is just annoying and shouting into the void about the world's richest theme park industry like they don't know what they're doing. So unless they have a business degree to go work for the Mouse themselves to figure out a better alternative that'll make them the same amount or more money, as far as I'm concerned, they can shut it.