Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are we really so down bad on this man we're going to insinuate he indirectly killed someone?
Yeah, I agree; let’s not go there. Also let’s tone down the hate on Rohde a touch. He is (was) purely a creative with the company and had nothing to do with the how Cast Members work the attractions, which is what caused the accident, there’s no reason to even have him included in the discussion of that incident. Accidents happen in parks all the time. I’ve never heard someone mention Tony Baxter in reference to the Big Thunder accidents. We’re not going down that road.

To be fair, @Skold, a lot of his work is still around. Mission Breakout is massively popular, the Norway Pavilion is still alive and his work as an art director in a myriad of projects at WDW are still around and well received. Let’s not forget Animal Kingdom as a whole DOES work. You’re really splitting hairs here with that assessment. And this is coming from someone who isn’t the biggest fan of his work in Imagineering. And just to reiterate my point: he is an incredibly talented artist; however, his history with attractions isn’t always my cup of tea.

Let’s try to keep this discussion focused on the park, though, and not Rhode specifically.

Edit: forgot to mention Pandora is still a massive success, so you can’t really say Chester and Hester is the only project he’s worked on that works.

I think people forget that Imagineering/Creative pretty much becomes useless once they finish and give the attraction over to operations. Imagineering can create great things (DAK/DisneySea proves that), they can also create horrendous things when being forced into doing something with low budgets or demands (DCA/Figment).

I don't worry too much about the design of attractions, Imagineering/Creative have convinced me they can do great stuff, more worried about how operations takes over after and whether the attraction is maintained.

Figment is a national treasure! Leave the purple dragon alone. He is iconic & eternal. He sells merch!

That took me way longer than it should've to decode! :mad:
Figment is Iconic but his ride is a big ole oof. Even as someone whose office is decorated with an overabundance of Figment, I wholly understand his current ride sucks something fierce and only get on it maybe once a year (if that).

Has there been any indication on whether Dinosaur and TTBAB will definitely be closing this year?
No indication as of yet.

As imperative as it is to have a strong D23 this year, I hope they should try to start on some of these proposed rethemes as soon as possible. Test Track 3.0, Indiana Jones, new missions for Smuggler's Run, Spaceship Earth, an RnR retheme, an Ikran walkthrough, and maybe something for the Stitch space are all things that are eminently possible within a 1-2 year timeframe. But they need to start, like, now.

Last edited:
.... Also let’s tone down the hate on Rohde a touch...
Great post, I completely agree.

I have an irrational *anger* about this guy. I tried to warn you! :lmao: :cheers:

AK is my favorite WDW park, BY FAR, and we gladly paid for Caring With Giants, Skold family annual trip 2018.

Disney Parks have many problems right now, and this is at the bottom of that list. So, I promise @Brian G. this is the last I'll say about Rohde.

For now :devil:

I beleive they were working on a boat ride years ago for Jungle Book for this area, at least I think this area. Idk Animal Kingdom super well.

I doubt that’d be the current IP, so…. maybe Moana?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Before I celebrate, how strong an indicator is this of major construction occurring soon.
I beleive they were working on a boat ride years ago for Jungle Book for this area, at least I think this area. Idk Animal Kingdom super well.

I doubt that’d be the current IP, so…. maybe Moana?

Reactions: saint.piss
Yeah, it looks like stuff is finally going to happen. Better pay respects to Dinosaur when one can.

Though what I wanna' know is, are we getting actually additions to the park? Or is just going to be replacements which still leaves us at square one at the park with the least amount of attractions?