Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneygeek has another great update this week: http://disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=1&update_dir=2012_02_03

Highlights of all recent construction:

The facades of Buena Vista Street are progressing nicely
jtOKOzvSNYMl5.jpg

Foliage is going in around Carthay to spruce it up
j0qEuajc2vu4c.jpg

This one's for Jymmymack......they're still covering up the backside of the Cars Land mountains
j7vPPPn2iKmyM.jpg

Disney heard our complaints about Mater's....so they threw some tires on the roof to calm us down :p
j3kWDZ0GjEVZa.jpg

Finally, work has commenced for the Ghirardelli location
jI7LZorECxq9h.jpg

I likes it. Once those walls are down and Buena Vista St. is up, with the trolleys headed right at the gates, we'll have a nice view from the front.

I don't not like it, it's just gonna take some getting used to :lol:. In reality it's not too different from the DHS, but looking into the park is much cleaner than this:

38448202.jpg

I'm PRETTY SURE that's not at all new. :shrug:

Although, is it just a revision of the previous art? I'm too tired to go digging now.

Hahwah? DCA is changing its name? And to MGM studios after all the kerfluffle of Florida changing its name to Hollywood? I apologize if I have missed something... I haven't been paying attention to DCA.

Are you confused over the pic I posted? I was just comparing the new DCA gates to DHS since they are almost exactly the same.

[video=youtube;PHa9qAes3P0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHa9qAes3P0&sns=em[/video]

Last edited:
Looks like Andrew from Chronicle was floating that camera all over the place!

I also just read that Earl of Sandwich is coming to Downtown Disney Cali. I've never had an Earl of Sandwich (there are none in California), so I'll be interested to have one.

Last edited:
I also just read that Earl of Sandwich is coming to Downtown Disney Cali. I've never had an Earl of Sandwich (there are none in California), so I'll be interested to have one.

It's pretty good. I think it's a bit overblown, but it's a good sandwich, which is hard to find in Orlando, which is why I enjoyed it so much.

I'm PRETTY SURE that's not at all new. :shrug:

Although, is it just a revision of the previous art? I'm too tired to go digging now.

There's been a video version of that in the Blue Sky Cellar at DCA, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's been released online.