Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's being rumored that the grand reopening will be June 15th:

The dates for DCA's grand re-opening event have finally been chosen. June 14th will be the media day and private celebrity party, and June 15th will be the official first day of operation for customers. There will only be a handful of days for AP Previews and soft openings for Cars Land in early June, and those dates aren't confirmed yet. June 15th will also kick off DCA's new operating schedule of daily 8AM to 11PM hours through the summer.

That's a mobile link. It won't work on a regular computer. Here's what it was supposed to be: (warning contains excessive amounts of Larry the Cable Guy)

[video=youtube;_dzY9K_0nuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dzY9K_0nuM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Say what you will about Larry the Cable guy but he's great as Mater. That video at least makes the ride seem a bit more interesting, considering all the cutbacks.

It's being rumored that the grand reopening will be June 15th:

And as for the 8am to 11pm opening, finally! The park usually closes way too early.

Eh, still not doing it for me. Looking forward to the return of flying saucers and RSR and the town in general, but without the interactive elements, Mater's just looks to be too much like spinning in circles in the dirt.

Eh, still not doing it for me. Looking forward to the return of flying saucers and RSR and the town in general, but without the interactive elements, Mater's just looks to be too much like spinning in circles in the dirt.

Yes, but.. with original songs from Larry the Cable Guy! :lol:

Jymmy jymmy jymmy... The ride is for lil kids. Larry playing Mater has a familiar and friendly voice for children. The ride looks well themed and cute despite the cuts, compared to let's say Teacups?

Jymmy jymmy jymmy... The ride is for lil kids. Larry playing Mater has a familiar and friendly voice for children. The ride looks well themed and cute despite the cuts, compared to let's say Teacups?

Yeah, except if they built the Tea Cups today, it would be considered crap. Disney showed us how good it could have been, and left us with this instead. I gotta agree with Jymmy. The other ride seemed like it had some cool elements that could helps adults enjoy it. But it has been reduced to original DCA quality.

Yeah, except if they built the Tea Cups today, it would be considered crap. Disney showed us how good it could have been, and left us with this instead. I gotta agree with Jymmy. The other ride seemed like it had some cool elements that could helps adults enjoy it. But it has been reduced to original DCA quality.

Gotta also agree. People don't go to Disney quality theme parks with them toting a few flat rides. They should not even be bragged upon. Tea Cups and Dumbo are of the few exceptions because of the nostalgia factor that they were there when the park first started out.

Without Radiator Springs Racers for people to look forward to this would just feel like a larger version of the lazy that A Bug's Land was.

Commend where commending is due. No one is complaining too much. But it is fair to compare history repeating itself like circumstances.

God forbid anybody criticize Disney, right? I criticize Universal all the time. Get over it.

I said that I was excited about the entire land, especially RSR and the return of flying saucers, but that Mater's had lost appeal. How is that complaining?

I've been a season pass holder to Disneyland since before DCA opened. I was there for the dark years of DCA (Superstar Limo, anyone?). Cars Land is a major, major, exciting development. Mater's was supposed to be the first "outdoor dark ride", complete with interactive elements and a giant Mater. Now it doesn't, and I'm a little disappointed. Didn't realize it had to be all or nothing.

God forbid anybody criticize Disney, right? I criticize Universal all the time. Get over it.

I said that I was excited about the entire land, especially RSR and the return of flying saucers, but that Mater's had lost appeal. How is that complaining?

I've been a season pass holder to Disneyland since before DCA opened. I was there for the dark years of DCA (Superstar Limo, anyone?). Cars Land is a major, major, exciting development. Mater's was supposed to be the first "outdoor dark ride", complete with interactive elements and a giant Mater. Now it doesn't, and I'm a little disappointed. Didn't realize it had to be all or nothing.

Yeah. I didn't think we were really even complaining. But Disney sold us on the idea of the outdoor dark ride, then changed their minds. It's fair to be disappointed that we aren't getting that. Nobody has ever said this ruins the whole expansion for them. I don't see why we can't dicuss specific parts of the expansion seperately.

Get over it.

NO%20U.png

Or would you rather trade Carsland for our Fantasyland expansion? I'm okay with that.

NO%20U.png

Or would you rather trade Carsland for our Fantasyland expansion? I'm okay with that.

I absolutely LOVE being forced to be excited about something that I'm already excited about.

For real people, you guys are being ridiculous. I've been so excited about this expansion for YEARS. I've been commenting on this thread for 30 pages. Just because I'm critical of one aspect of the project doesn't mean that I'm being unreasonable or too hard on Disney. I have touted the construction of this land as "Disney done right" for as long as I can remember talking about it. However, I will keep a critical mind and address both the successes and failures of Cars Land. I will not reduce myself to being a trolling fanboy, despite my excitement for the project.