Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well the problem was that was all that was there originally. MuppetVision was already 10 years old, Tough to be a Bug was so hidden that NOBODY knew that it was even over there. Bountiful Valley Farm was just a big place holder.

True, it was severely underbuilt, but so was a park like MGM, yet MGM never really got the flak that DCA did. I dunno. I think it's a fascinating study on a reaction to a new product.

Pretty darn impressive, looking forward to October even more.

True, it was severely underbuilt, but so was a park like MGM, yet MGM never really got the flak that DCA did. I dunno. I think it's a fascinating study on a reaction to a new product.

Disney/MGM never tried to pass off a portable Mack mad mouse as a viable Disney attraction in a destination theme park resort.

Disney/MGM never tried to pass off a portable Mack mad mouse as a viable Disney attraction in a destination theme park resort.

Exactly. The few attractions it had, actually had appeal to the audience. And the theme of them and the park was more viable. MGM was not Disney Florida Adventure. It was movie studio themed/a few real working production. Either way, production and movie themes with popular culture people actually enjoy.

There's some slight adult language, but this video gives great perspective on the early days of DCA:

[video=youtube;fzrKI9_4M3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzrKI9_4M3E[/video]

First time I have seen that video and LOVED IT! One of the best if not the best fan made video of any theme park EVER!

Dude! A reference to The Wizard!!!! Amazing.

Also... usually I can't stand videos like this... but this dude has some great one liners. "I like how it says 'In California' like anybody outside California would give a sh#%."

Last edited:
"Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Racers"

attachment.php

"The cue of Radiator Springs Racers takes you through a roadside attraction with a collection of radiator caps , and the same for oil bottles (the whole building is made out of cement and embedded glass bottles), fountains, etc."

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

"Radiator Springs Racers I loved. Was not expecting all the dark ride stuff, and some of that was hit or miss, but the ride itself start to finish is SO impressive. They really have a winner with this one. Saw them filming a commercial with a modified car with lighting from the bottom up on the faces of a family, and cameras mounted in the backseat."

attachment.php

"The one restroom in Cars Land was clean and nice, even if a little hard to find.

Had a full meal (wine, entree, dessert) in Flo's V8, and love the details in here. The gold records on the wall:"

attachment.php

From:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/168949-trip-report-buena-vista-street-carsland-photos-radiator-springs-racers.html

Last edited:
So excited for this and not much of a Cars fan at all, though I did enjoy the first film. This is just going to blow everyone away.

Yup. Welcome to the upper echelon Radiator Springs Racers.

[video=youtube;-ktjTqo-ONc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktjTqo-ONc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Forbidden Journey, Spider-man, Transformers, Indiana Jones Adventure. Welcome to the club, Radiator Springs Racers.

Reactions: BJCool
Yup. They really knocked this one out of the park.

As I said on twitter: Forbidden Journey, Radiator Springs Racers, Spider-man, Transformers, Indiana Jones Adventure. All top of the line, fully fleshed out dark rides. None at WDW.

The mouse in Orlando needs to step up its game.

Yup. They really knocked this one out of the park.

As I said on twitter: Forbidden Journey, Radiator Springs Racers, Spider-man, Transformers, Indiana Jones Adventure. All top of the line, fully fleshed out dark rides. None at WDW.

The mouse in Orlando needs to step up its game.

I just experienced a range of emotions with that last part...

:rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl:..........

:bang::bang::doh::doh::censored::rant:.........

:':)':)':)'(

Wow. Well, at least the 400 mil went somewhere :lol:

Now, I was ready to say I changed my mind and want this at WDW. But then I realized we'd get a trimmed down pile of crap, so I still don't :mean:

Wow... so, some of the mouths are practical/mechanical and others are internal projections? Freakishly well done when it is hard to tell. Mater's multiple mouths leaves me speechless.