Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is awesome! Love to hear the inside scoop on movie making.

I just saw this this week (lol, I know I’m behind) but one thing I thought was that maybe some of the cameos were filmed separate from the rest of the movie? Like Dr Strange wasn’t necessarily ever in the same room as some of the surprise characters…was that the case or was I just looking too much into it?

I thought the same thing about JK in the chair/fight scene.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
This is awesome! Love to hear the inside scoop on movie making.

I just saw this this week (lol, I know I’m behind) but one thing I thought was that maybe some of the cameos were filmed separate from the rest of the movie? Like Dr Strange wasn’t necessarily ever in the same room as some of the surprise characters…was that the case or was I just looking too much into it?

Yeah unfortunately due to covid and restricted actor availability we had to film quite a few of them separately from each other. It is what it is.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy and Nico
Coming back to Multiverse of Madness (as it is now officially available on Disney+ and other places), and looking at Disney+ with the IMAX Enhanced, it's amazing just how much color Raimi was allowed to have with Marvel's characters.

Really hoping if Raimi gets to have a chance again with Strange--it's from scratch and specifically being his own like a James Gunn project would. For the stuff he did right, he did exceedingly great (especially with Strange and Wanda's story arc). As long as Chavez is handled better, mind you too.

Just watched this for the second time (first since theaters) last night and I still really enjoy it. The thing that I will never get over though is how ridiculous it is that Wong survives that fall, but, whatever. People have died in the MCU for much less.

It was meh. I am so not a fan of Raimi’s style. What worked so well for Evil Dead feels so out of place and juvenile in everything else he does.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
It was meh. I am so not a fan of Raimi’s style. What worked so well for Evil Dead feels so out of place and juvenile in everything else he does.
The film certainly has its flaws, but it was refreshing to see some horror techniques used within the MCU format and I think it made for an interesting if not imperfect movie. It's one of the MCU movies I will happily watch again though, which isn't something I can say for all of them. I wouldn't just throw on a movie like Black Widow, The Incredible Hulk, Ant-Man & the Wasp, Thor: The Dark World or Captain Marvel for example (or even something like Black Panther, as it's a bit heavier of a movie being more of a drama/epic, although I liked it). This is something I can throw on and have a fun time with.

Last edited:
yes
and i felt that he did to Wanda what he did to venom in spiderman 3. a one dimensional, one note, cliche cookie cutter cliche villain.
any of the character development and growth from wandavision is thrown out of the window lol. almost like character assassination for Wanda. she basically becomes the terminator.
a lot of the problems from spiderman 3 are here as well. messy story, too many characters, messy ending.

Reactions: imagin78
I think this perfectly explains why you and I disagree so often around here!

Some people are Raimi fans, others are not.

This. I love Raimi's work and can't get enough of it. Especially when you put this movie up against some of the more cookie cutter MCU fare. It still feels reigned in alongside them but his style is so unique you can just tell it's something more.

I think this perfectly explains why you and I disagree so often around here!

Some people are Raimi fans, others are not.
This. I love Raimi's work and can't get enough of it. Especially when you put this movie up against some of the more cookie cutter MCU fare. It still feels reigned in alongside them but his style is so unique you can just tell it's something more.

but..... what are your opinions on spiderman 3?

yes
and i felt that he did to Wanda what he did to venom in spiderman 3. a one dimensional, one note, cliche cookie cutter cliche villain.
any of the character development and growth from wandavision is thrown out of the window lol. almost like character assassination for Wanda. she basically becomes the terminator.
a lot of the problems from spiderman 3 are here as well. messy story, too many characters, messy ending.

I believe Raimi said he never watched Wandavision before Wanda was decided as the villain.

The messy story and too many characters is more of a “NOW” MCU problem than a Raimi problem.

Will forever and always be confused on why people don't understand Wanda was a logical villain of this film. She became the Scarlett Witch in WV using just the tip of what she had picked up from Agatha and the show had a post-credits scene of her reading the Darkhold looking for her kids. Nothing good happens to readers of the Darkhold. It was evident to me from that post-credit sene alone that she was always destined to be the villain of this film and i've said so in this thread (and the WV thread) well before the movie came out.

And Michael Waldron was the one who said he only watched the necessary parts of WV. Basically Feige gave them something to watch. I actually agree with the way of going about it because as filmmakers, you don't want a different project to influence how you make your own and you also don't want to make a film that overly references a TV show that a portion of the audience probably hasn't seen, either.

Will forever and always be confused on why people don't understand Wanda was a logical villain of this film. She became the Scarlett Witch in WV using just the tip of what she had picked up from Agatha and the show had a post-credits scene of her reading the Darkhold looking for her kids. Nothing good happens to readers of the Darkhold. It was evident to me from that post-credit sene alone that she was always destined to be the villain of this film and i've said so in this thread (and the WV thread) well before the movie came out.

And Michael Waldron was the one who said he only watched the necessary parts of WV. Basically Feige gave them something to watch. I actually agree with the way of going about it because as filmmakers, you don't want a different project to influence how you make your own and you also don't want to make a film that references a TV show that a portion of the audience probably hasn't seen, either.
I mean its hard to watch a hero become a villain...even if most of it was mind control from the dark hold

But thats why I love Civil War...Ironman was a good villain

And Michael Waldron was the one who said he only watched the necessary parts of WV. Basically Feige gave them something to watch. I actually agree with the way of going about it because as filmmakers, you don't want a different project to influence how you make your own and you also don't want to make a film that references a TV show that a portion of the audience probably hasn't seen, either.

Scott Derrickson wanted the villian to be nightmare but Marvel disagreed and wanted Wanda while they were working on Wandavision. I think NIghtmare would've been better for this. I think the issue with Wanda being the villian, we saw her slide into that pyschotic level of control in Wandavision, saw how she decided to go good then go back into the darkness. It doesn't make logical sense even with the Darkhold.

Reactions: imagin78
Scott Derrickson wanted the villian to be nightmare but Marvel disagreed and wanted Wanda while they were working on Wandavision. I think NIghtmare would've been better for this. I think the issue with Wanda being the villian, we saw her slide into that pyschotic level of control in Wandavision, saw how she decided to go good then go back into the darkness. It doesn't make logical sense even with the Darkhold.
why? The book is whispering in her mind and taking control

And that book is basically written by a devil in the MCU....so to me it makes sense