Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll borrow a page from IU, and bring the Diagon rumor to bear. In 2016 I believe it was @Jonathan who wrote the article; but they entertained options on where Diagon could go (Edit from the future: Here is the article which was written by him!). They shot down WW immediately due to size, had talked on Lower Lot but commented on the potential implications in issues on infastructure, but they mentioned Falls Lake; and having the Hogwarts Express travel from the current Studio Tour Plaza to a new place around there.

Of-course, that'd have to bring a bit of infastructural changes; but it is something that out of all the rumored locations; is not the most difficult and infact is rather sensical. They could even go for a more lore-accurate layout of Hogsmeade Station, as that usually in the past was down in the valleys overlooking Hogwarts Castle. It's something you can consider more intently; and I think it makes sense (however I will acknowledge that this really should not be talked on here, as there is a separate thread specifically on Diagon).

___

Coming back to this (Because who wants a DKC discussion in a DKC thread, right?); it's on my mind and the only thing that makes me doubt it; could be due to something in particular: the fire codes. I do think it absolutely makes sense to do, but it's genuinely in my mind.
So from what you are saying is that in order to expand USH in the way you described in those areas would entailing having to build something like the Hogwarts express?

It's actually 7-12. Trams route is definitely getting reworked.
Looking at the Sound Stage map, 7-11 are all the sound stage buildings right up against SNW. We know that's *most likely* for DK, but according to the maps, 12 is the Voice sound stage all the across from that.

You saying that the Voice stage is getting demo'd as well!?

So from what you are saying is that in order to expand USH in the way you described in those areas would entailing having to build something like the Hogwarts express?
That is not the only way, a PM system or walking pathway for two ideas....also here is an idea people can walk. Get those 10K plus steps in

Looking at the Sound Stage map, 7-11 are all the sound stage buildings right up against SNW. We know that's *most likely* for DK, but according to the maps, 12 is the Voice sound stage all the across from that.

You saying that the Voice stage is getting demo'd as well!?
I think it's great that USH will be getting a copy of DK that is about on par with Orlando and Osaka size and attraction wise. Looks like USH wants to shed it's reputation of "just a smaller version of Orlando."

Hearing all these rumors, it honestly brings me so much joy, USH has been ramping up and SNW seems to be the end of this being just a park that as at the studio

With Hollywood needing to cut back spending and Travel/theme parks wayyyyyyy up. This just makes me soooo excited for the future of this park and DK and there Nintendolands moving forward

UC's screenshot is taken from Adam the Woo's video earlier today that was shot when he was doing the VIP tour (6:55 mark of Adam's video):

Those fences have been up since at least 2021, and elephant doors open don't mean much on their own. I hate to say it but currently nothing to see here.
I did check that segment of the video and the guide said that soundstage 12 was the Phantom stage though?? lol

Those fences have been up since at least 2021, and elephant doors open don't mean much on their own. I hate to say it but currently nothing to see here.
I did check that segment of the video and the guide said that soundstage 12 was the Phantom stage though?? lol

In the terms of the latter; I think it's just Adam the Woo not remembering locational positionals correctly. And the former: yeah--this ain't being torn down.

The fences have been up since then; and in the past few months, it actually looks like they've been starting to apply proper DensCoating on the portion that was demolished. Could this be getting used for park use as backstage facilities? That's a better question to me, but otherwise: this ain't gonna be for DKC.

In the terms of the latter; I think it's just Adam the Woo not remembering locational positionals correctly. And the former: yeah--this ain't being torn down.

The fences have been up since then; and in the past few months, it actually looks like they've been starting to apply proper DensCoating on the portion that was demolished. Could this be getting used for park use as backstage facilities? That's a better question to me, but otherwise: this ain't gonna be for DKC.
If they are aiming for a opening date for DK in the late 2025-early 2026 timeframe I would have to think that the soundstages behind SNW would have to come down at some point in 2023. Maybe around Summer?

I think the window is starting to close on announcing this before the land's opening.

The best chance feels like if there's a Nintendo Direct next week like people are speculating, cause that would be a good spot to break the announcement in.

Reactions: Nico
I think the window is starting to close on announcing this before the land's opening.

The best chance feels like if there's a Nintendo Direct next week like people are speculating, cause that would be a good spot to break the announcement in.
They haven’t announced SNW until they were halfway done building it. Uni does not like announcing things early.

They haven’t announced SNW until they were halfway done building it. Uni does not like announcing things early.

If I was Nintendo and hearing/seeing complaints about quality and detailing, I wouldn’t want to announce our new expansion at the same time. Now if we knew we were building the smaller land, and prepared for the complaints to be about size, I’d have planned to announce an expansion earlier than normal.

Also, let’s not forget Nintendo led the announcement of Super Mario Land. If it was universal we would have found out 6 months ago.

I assume the only reason for removing 12 would be to re-route Kirk Douglas Dr, Its too far away to be used for DK
I'm also wondering about that Verna Fields building?
For the tram being reworked, I know JW was actually where the tram was originally. So it would be weird for them to relocate it back to the lower lot. They are also doing some expansion to the mummy’s line, so if this really is happening . Must be years away.

For the tram being reworked, I know JW was actually where the tram was originally. So it would be weird for them to relocate it back to the lower lot.
It's been quite a while though

They are also doing some expansion to the mummy’s line, so if this really is happening . Must be years away.
They are? Are you sure you're not getting it mixed up with Orlando's Mummy getting its extended queue back?

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ