DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I'm going to be walking around this area a lot simply because it's so lovely to look at! KZ was as vibrant as Knockturn Alley compared to this, and the mural was unexpected but really pulls it all together. I quite like the design on the Trollercoaster supports too. This area is very lush already; the upcoming UKR should be fantastic if this is any indication.

When are adults going to get a playground like that? :(

Hoping that they reroute the entrance to E.T.. I sense that bottlenecking is inevitable there.
An easy solution is to have Mr. Burns guide you to the entrance. Simpsons Land is right there anyway.

Burns_Alien.png

I was hoping this would be open early summer in time for our vacation(June)- feeling less confident about it now though. We can’t be far off a date actually being announced.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I was hoping this would be open early summer in time for our vacation(June)
Shrek/Trolls should be ready & soft-opened by May. They're already testing water-play stuff for Shrek, test cycling Trollercoaster, & ramping up landscape.

Kung-fu Panda could be ready by June, depending on good weather & how quickly they can go full steam.

No clue about the indoor theatre.

Reactions: Ahmanet
So basically nobody saw KFP4 & they should just scrap the area for new bathrooms & churros. Oh definitely can't add a KFP ride to the area either

....now I want noodles. Ramen shall work. Although a Yoshi Yakisoba Noodle Bun from Universal Japan would be wonderful..

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
Just a quick aside about KFP, since there have been a few mentions around the circles about "IP relevancy"...

The issue seems to be quite the opposite - KFP is a strong, durable franchise that deserves a major ride or even a land.

I’d rather have KFP in EU over HtTyD, but that’s mostly personal preference. Dragon can also carry a land, it’s just a tiny bit less deserving then Panda.

The issue seems to be quite the opposite - KFP is a strong, durable franchise that deserves a major ride or even a land.

I’d rather have KFP in EU over HtTyD, but that’s mostly personal preference. Dragon can also carry a land, it’s just a tiny bit less deserving then Panda.
Agree with this — I think both can be fine fits but I’d much rather see KFP as a standalone land than HTTYD. That said, would love to see KFP get at least a fullish mini land at USF down the road.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Hoping this opens by first week of May. Looking at Universal as a whole, it’s looking like a badly timed time to visit for us. Kids rides very limited, no Harry Potter show on the Castle, no parade and no water show in the lagoon. What are my chances of any of these being open, including DW land by then please?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Hoping this opens by first week of May. Looking at Universal as a whole, it’s looking like a badly timed time to visit for us. Kids rides very limited, no Harry Potter show on the Castle, no parade and no water show in the lagoon. What are my chances of any of these being open, including DW land by then please?
DW probably has the best chance.

BTW, Welcome! Hopefully, you're able to experience one of them by your vacation time!

I would say slim, unless it's some kind of AP preview.

DW probably has the best chance.

BTW, Welcome! Hopefully, you're able to experience one of them by your vacation time!
Disney is a must for us.
My parents wanted to do Seaworld but I dislike the animals being kept in small areas (the Walrus broke me last time, I’m glad they are not replacing him since his passing). I think Seaworld has a place but not in its current form. Anyway, the alternative is Universal (we won’t do Seaworld and Universal tickets, UK ones come as a 14 day pass) which I was all for as my boys would LOVE minions, Spider-Man etc….but it feels like we are getting half of what we should. Universal is more than just rides and the experiences like shows, parades are things the kids love. With the younger kids’ rides being down, it’s just feels a bit, meh. They would live DW land , it’s far more current than what was their previous.

I suppose I didn’t expect Volcano Bay to be open in time for our trip in 2017…well it probably shouldn’t have! We were there 2 days after opening and the silicone holding the wide, children's slide, it was still wet! You could literally put your finger in it (many children were!).
Who knows, does Universal like/do soft openings? Would they open it altogether or open bits as they are ready?

KFP is a strong, durable franchise that deserves a major ride or even a land.
That said, would love to see KFP get at least a fullish mini land at USF down the road.
Agreed. If DW does expand to add a ride, I'd hope it's KFP.
I agree that, in theory, KFP could sustain a ride (or even a land) in Florida. My concern would be that Universal would just clone the ride from Beijing... and I don't want that ride! If it were an entirely new concept, I'd be on board.

Of the DreamWorks franchises, my preference would be something from the Shrek universe. Ideally PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH. Not just because its story and visual approach would naturally lend itself to a dark ride... but also because I think it's one of DW Animation's very best films.

I agree that, in theory, KFP could sustain a ride (or even a land) in Florida. My concern would be that Universal would just clone the ride from Beijing... and I don't want that ride! If it were an entirely new concept, I'd be on board.

Of the DreamWorks franchises, my preference would be something from the Shrek universe. Ideally PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH. Not just because its story and visual approach would naturally lend itself to a dark ride... but also because I think it's one of DW Animation's very best films.
I'm still hoping that would do a Shrek land elsewhere. Maybe far far away in Epic

I never did do that slide during the several hundred years it existed. Probably because of the line or "ew wetness"

but ironically chose the boat tour that would occasionally get hit by a shark tsunami
Miss Piggy Frown GIF by Muppet Wiki

Reactions: USO92