Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4000 is using both WnW and the parking lot though so it could easily be spread out with the room buildings just being taller than Sapphire. I'm thinking 2,000 rooms on each side.

Of course looking at how Uni is building Aventura, this just may be something they pre-fab and want to get up quickly, especially being "off-site" sort of.
If you're talking about the tilt-up construction, you can't go higher than 6-8 floors using tilt up; so anything higher would need to be traditional rebar and pour.

Reactions: Andysol
Fixed that for you ;)
45823876.jpg

Something like that?

It would be cool to use the height of Aventura and have a Gondola connecting to the roof of a building of equivalent height at the WnW plot.

Admittedly that would be really cool. Of course they would have to charge an arm and a leg due to extremely limited dining capacity.

I've stayed at that best western a few times. I hope when this opens I can still stay there for cheap and use the transport at the new place.

First post, but I find this new project so intriguing because of the themed possibilities Uni have to work with. @Disneyhead seems always spot on with his info. So, with this being heavily family-oriented and heavy family suite focused (smart move) what are the best possibilities to entice kids for long stays? Major themed pool complex and kid heavy activity options would be a must.

So, 2 jump out at me, with the first a natural continuation of what they’ve subtly done as the overall Resorts theme – basically, the Seven Seas. We have Royal Pacific (Pacific, of course), Portofino (Med), Hard Rock (Cali West Coast), Cabana Bay (50’s southern East Coast), Sapphire Falls (Caribbean), and even VB (South Seas). So, what’s left – maybe New England Upper East Coast a la Beach/Yacht Club or Boardwalk-ish as @scott_walker said? Maybe lake-themed to the pacific Northwest or Adirondack/Catskills ala a Wilderness Resort?

Or Option 2- a more IP-based theme, but a broad IP base such as Disney’s All Star complex. This one intrigues me since it would be a departure from the above and would be one that Loews might find a bit risky. But, the recent acquisition of DreamWorks, which hasn’t received any traction within the Parks as of yet, jumped out to me since it opens so many possibilities for themed wings or sections based on the many IP verticals that portfolio contains – even into the whole Xmas all year theme with that robust IP vertical. The themed activity options, themed pool options, etc., would limitless and kid/family magnet for increasing Length of Stay and on-site spend.

At some point, you have to think that Uni will need to dive into the Themed Resort Game if they want the full week from the family demographic.

Blue Sky, Armchair Imagineering is always fun, and this one’s going to be really fun to see if Uni takes the Themed Resort plunge….

Universal and Loews had a mega hit with their 50's-60's hotel Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

I think they could do even better with a Art Deco District (Miami Beach) themed hotel. Clear lines, neon and those wonderful names could make this hotel resort, that looks like many different art deco hotels, in a cool Miami style area. Add cars from that era and bars and clubs to complement it. Have secluded rooftop pools for adults with bars and a vibrant nightlife but also add the beach with the white sand.

Art deco also has that feel good retro futuristic style that would go great with any kind of transportation that would need to go trough the hotel to connect to the parks.

Universal and Loews had a mega hit with their 50's-60's hotel Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

I think they could do even better with a Art Deco District (Miami Beach) themed hotel. Clear lines, neon and those wonderful names could make this hotel resort, that looks like many different art deco hotels, in a cool Miami style area. Add cars from that era and bars and clubs to complement it. Have secluded rooftop pools for adults with bars and a vibrant nightlife but also add the beach with the white sand.

Art deco also has that feel good retro futuristic style that would go great with any kind of transportation that would need to go trough the hotel to connect to the parks.

This is what I wish Aventura had been more like.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Would Universal want people to walk into the hotel from I Drive to use the transport?
That's a good question. I suppose it partly depends on the other amenities they build at the hotels, if they build a CityWalk/boardwalk-type thing, I'm sure they would love to have foot traffic from International Drive spending money at whatever shops, dining, and entertainment they offer there, but if it's just bare bones All-Star Resorts-type amenities and they have a gondola or something going up and down Universal Boulevard, that could attract a little more attention than they want. Maybe what they could do is charge to use the transportation if you're not a resort guest. Or just strictly restrict access to it with room keys.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.