E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is probably an unpopular thought, but I was never really a fan of the movie- and I certainly thought the ride was ok. The ride vehicle was fun, but I wasn't impressed by the rest of it. I'd be ok to see it go.

Question, does the E.T. head in the bike basket have an actual face? You never see it from the front so there's no reason for it to, I'm purely just wondering if they took that extra effort.

Question, does the E.T. head in the bike basket have an actual face? You never see it from the front so there's no reason for it to, I'm purely just wondering if they took that extra effort.
It doesn't have an anything. It's just a small metal plate under a blanket that rises up during the ride, with a red lightbulb under it.

I always wondered about that too and I fully trust you Alicia but I also want to believe they have a full head under there. From this photo (which is a promo photo so take it with a grain of salt) it does kinda look like there's an ET face in that basket...
Well I’ll be.

I can usually see right through the blanket during the ride and see there’s nothing under the top. But then again, I’ve never looked at the front to see if it has a face.

Anyone at the parks? Lol

It doesn't have an anything. It's just a small metal plate under a blanket that rises up during the ride, with a red lightbulb under it.

Magic destroyed!

Well I’ll be.

I can usually see right through the blanket during the ride and see there’s nothing under the top. But then again, I’ve never looked at the front to see if it has a face.

Anyone at the parks? Lol

Magic restored! ;)

Well I’ll be.

Anyone at the parks? Lol

It's odd because there's really no chance for guests to ever see his face, but I'm hoping they went that extra step and put him in there and it kinda seems like it.

Why did they turn it off?
Maybe to be kind to people with asthma or other long diseases?
Perfumes or most "scented" respirable particles (particles that are so small they get into the longs and into your bloodstream) are likely to trigger an instant asthma attack in me. Often that effect wanes off after an hour or so but it could lead to worse. Depending on the kind of particles they can, in the long term, result in cancer.

Maybe to be kind to people with asthma or other long diseases?
Perfumes or most "scented" respirable particles (particles that are so small they get into the longs and into your bloodstream) are likely to trigger an instant asthma attack in me. Often that effect wanes off after an hour or so but it could lead to worse. Depending on the kind of particles they can, in the long term, result in cancer.
A couple years ago they installed scent releasers in every single restroom at IOA, and promoted how each land had its own distinct scent, so I don’t think anything was taken away for that reason.