E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't been on in a bit - but this ride looked better a few weeks ago than it has in a long time. Audio was more clear and things just seemed to be cleaner and better maintained.

The bush effect didn't work though lol
Poor bush has been down a couple months now. I’ll check it again today.

• Sad
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So back in September on Sunday the 15th I noticed the work lights were on in the ET queue during HHN. At the time I payed no attention but then the next day the botanicus AA was restored, though his audio track could still use some help. Now today i noticed the “ET being chased thru the woods” effect in the queue for the first time ever. Per Alicia on twitter it was enhanced and you can definitely tell.

You have the screams of ET as he is chased behind the trees, and a red light ❤️ shining behind the bushes while the police flash lights follow behind.

The effect can be found before the express merge and again by the speak and spell.

That queue has always been special but the love it’s getting right now is refreshing coming from UO. Hopefully the upgrades keep coming.

So back in September on Sunday the 15th I noticed the work lights were on in the ET queue during HHN. At the time I payed no attention but then the next day the botanicus AA was restored, though his audio track could still use some help. Now today i noticed the “ET being chased thru the woods” effect in the queue for the first time ever. Per Alicia on twitter it was enhanced and you can definitely tell.

You have the screams of ET as he is chased behind the trees, and a red light ❤️ shining behind the bushes while the police flash lights follow behind.

The effect can be found before the express merge and again by the speak and spell.

That queue has always been special but the love it’s getting right now is refreshing coming from UO. Hopefully the upgrades keep coming.
Whenever I would point the red light effect out to folks their minds were blown, because it has always been there but hardly ever noticed. Being so much brighter now, (presumably due to modern LED technology,) makes a world of difference, because now you don’t have to be looking for it to notice it!

I love the ride, but I love the queue & Botanicus even more. I've been in that queue, always walk slowly to suck up the ambiance, but somehow I never noticed that chase/screams effect. Looking forward to the upgrades.
The queue was backed up to the express split. that helped with being able to notice all the different effects. Even got to see Botanicus twice.

Whenever I would point the red light effect out to folks their minds were blown, because it has always been there but hardly ever noticed. Being so much brighter now, (presumably due to modern LED technology,) makes a world of difference, because now you don’t have to be looking for it to notice it

The lights were definitely bright and it almost felt like they were moving. Very realistic. Being backed up in the queue helped. Was it always split in different spots of the queue? It feels like the effect happens at different parts but now I don’t know if I’m going crazy. I wish the line wasn’t so long today otherwise I would have gone again and hung out in the queue to confirm and record.

Been awhile since I’ve been on the actual ride but whoever said it feels like Universal is spot on - me when I was exiting TLOU and Monsters…

inhale-fresh-air.gif

I like the ambiance of the ET queue so much, that even though I usually have hotel express, I almost always use the regular line instead. Plus we linger, watch Botanicus, and wave the other guests past us. We do the same at Forbidden Journey. Universal's strengths are their queues, in many cases as good as the rides.
Yeah this and Hogwarts are my favorite queues, Gringotts and MIB are next tier. The queues do sometimes outdo the rides themselves!

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog