E.T. Adventure | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
I just realized that the sound stage you see when looking over the gate by the Horror Make Up Show is E.T.

Also random trivia its the only sound stage at USF that still has the pink and blue across the top. (as far as i know anyways)

Which got me thinking. Does anyone have the track layout or blueprints for E.T. Adventure?

I'm not entirely sure as I've never tested this out, but I'm almost certain that if you ask to see the fire escape plan (basically the floor plan with red lines), employees of all buildings are required to show you. I'm actually going pretty soon to see if this is correct, so I'll report back.

Well, also, can this thread be for E.T. discussion? I'm absolutely in love with this ride, and I think back when I was younger I loved this ride over Back to the Future (although Kong was always my favorite). It sometimes has effects that don't work and such, but I never fail to leave E.T. without a smile!

Yeap just like it still harbours a piece of Kong track to hold the roof up :lol:

If I am correct, I believe the Kong/Mummy building still carries the old soundstage colors as well.

No, it is still white, although the purple and gold accents are just that, and not how they used to be. Gah, I wish that building would just be covered with facades. At least the E.T. building has theming with an archway gate that leads to a fake studio in Hollywood (Esoteric Pictures' West Coast Studio).

I've heard of surveys going aroun saying which ride you would prefer to go and it was E.T and Jaws. I think E.T would win that. :(

ET is Universal's last audio-animatronics spectacle, with Kong gone, Mummy meh (as far as animatronics go), and River Adventure half-decrepit... and it's one of the few major rides with no height requirement that everyone in the family can ride. E.T. is also a childhood, nostalgic icon for many Americans - and a Spielburg classic. For these reasons, E.T. Adventure should never be removed. (But a nice upgrade would be cool.)

et is universal's last audio-animatronics spectacle, with kong gone, mummy meh (as far as animatronics go), and river adventure half-decrepit... And it's one of the few major rides with no height requirement that everyone in the family can ride. E.t. Is also a childhood, nostalgic icon for many americans - and a spielburg classic. For these reasons, e.t. Adventure should never be removed. (but a nice upgrade would be cool.)
What did you say about JP:RA! JP:RA has tons of working animatronics and is a far better ride than an outdated 80's movie kept alive by nostalgia.