E.T. Adventure | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What did you say about JP:RA! JP:RA has tons of working animatronics and is a far better ride than an outdated 80's movie kept alive by nostalgia.

I never found many of JP's animatronics to be very believable or well executed (T-Rex, Spitters, and Stegos being notable exceptions) - and there simply aren't enough animatronics to make Jurassic Park as a real location truly believable.

:doh: *sigh* I can't even... *sigh*

I didn't outright state that Jurassic Park River Adventure is the better attraciton - I said ET's audio-animatronic spectacle is superior. Which, in my opinion, it is.

I never found many of JP's animatronics to be very believable or well executed (T-Rex, Spitters, and Stegos being notable exceptions) - and there simply aren't enough animatronics to make Jurassic Park as a real location truly believable.

I didn't outright state that Jurassic Park River Adventure is the better attraciton - I said ET's audio-animatronic spectacle is superior. Which, in my opinion, it is.

You're right. JPRA is a thrill ride first, and a dark ride second. And ET is a staple dark ride.

I was talking about Mikes post, especially the "JP:RA has tons of working animatronics" and the "outdated 80's movie kept alive by nostalgia" parts.

an outdated 80's movie kept alive by nostalgia.

Your Ad hominem logic on everyone that likes E.T. aside, what has kept E.T. alive is its timeless story of friendship and bonding, which has continued to touch the hearts of everyone today. E.T. is a film that is passed on through generations and receives more and more respect as days go by. Sure, some of it's special effects may appear outdated by today's standards, but its storytelling is anything but.

The only problem with ET is the outdated animatronics. Once they get replaced, along with a rehab to the ride track, ET will be at Universal for a very long time.

The only problem with ET is the outdated animatronics. Once they get replaced, along with a rehab to the ride track, ET will be at Universal for a very long time.

Agreed. I just hope that after Universal is done with upgrading Spider-Man, they will do something similar with all of the other attractions at the resort, including E.T., as they all do need some nice freshening up.

ET is Universal's last audio-animatronics spectacle, with Kong gone, Mummy meh (as far as animatronics go), and River Adventure half-decrepit... and it's one of the few major rides with no height requirement that everyone in the family can ride. E.T. is also a childhood, nostalgic icon for many Americans - and a Spielburg classic. For these reasons, E.T. Adventure should never be removed. (But a nice upgrade would be cool.)

I hate to be "that guy" but E.T. does have a height requirement. Which is 34'' I wish it had no height requirement as I think UO needs more attractions without a height requirement.

While I want E.T. to stay for all the reasons everybody has posted, I personally hate it. I go on it to laugh at the second half and Spielberg in the first video. Anybody else think Spielberg comes off as a total jackass in that? I do love the movie and Spielberg as a director but this rides second half just doesn't seem like it was a good idea to me. I just find it super cheesey and you should have never seen other aliens. But since I love dark rides I go on it. And give fake names for E.T. to say of course :p

While I want E.T. to stay for all the reasons everybody has posted, I personally hate it. I go on it to laugh at the second half and Spielberg in the first video. Anybody else think Spielberg comes off as a total jerk in that? I do love the movie and Spielberg as a director but this rides second half just doesn't seem like it was a good idea to me. I just find it super cheesey and you should have never seen other aliens. But since I love dark rides I go on it. And give fake names for E.T. to say of course :p

Not at all actually about Spielberg actually :inquisitive:. And I love that you see new aliens. It's part of what makes the ride special from the movie.

The smell makes ET worth any wait!! :drool5:

I never noticed the smell before. Of course, it's been years since I been on it so I probably just forgot. Must make a mental note to notice the smell when I visit in 112 days.