E.T. Adventure | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the color scheme they have on it now? It guess, but it looks dull. If they want it cheap, I understand.

It doesn't have anything to do with price. It's an homage to the yesteryear of Universal Studios Florida. They purposely left the old soundstage look on it. It's basically their way of saying, "This one's a classic."

It doesn't have anything to do with price. It's an homage to the yesteryear of Universal Studios Florida. They purposely left the old soundstage look on it. It's basically their way of saying, "This one's a classic."

but they also didn't repaint it back then either... I don't even know if it's ever been repainted since it was built really...

Are there any special plans before the end of the year for the 30 year anniversary? I'd like to see special edition 30th anniversary ride cards that you get to keep, like they did for the 20th anniversary. (I still have mine)

I see your point, but it does feel like ET doesn't really fit with the rest of the park given the unique paint scheme. I feel like the rest of the park is progressing and moving forward, whether an attraction is brand new or not. This area of the park just feels old and out of place when looking at the exterior of not only the ride, but the surrounding KidZone area. I want ET to stay because I love the ride, but the exterior of the building and the area around it needs to be brought up to speed so that it looks like it belongs in today's USF. Just my opinion.

While I definitely agree that ET is outdated and no longer relevant, I still don't want to see it go. Believe it or not, the ride still pulls in solid numbers and is a great family friendly ride for all. This is the only true Universal classic that is left and the only classic dark ride in the whole resort. Fievel's on the other hand is definitely ready for an upgrade (Nickelodeon??) but I hope that ET perseveres.

While I definitely agree that ET is outdated and no longer relevant, I still don't want to see it go. Believe it or not, the ride still pulls in solid numbers and is a great family friendly ride for all. This is the only true Universal classic that is left and the only classic dark ride in the whole resort. Fievel's on the other hand is definitely ready for an upgrade (Nickelodeon??) but I hope that ET perseveres.

I completely agree. ET is a classic today, even thirty years after the movie's release. Plus, it has one of the best queues around, it's family friendly, and it's just all-around great. They just need to keep the ride elements and AAs polished and looking nice :thumbs:

I completely agree. ET is a classic today, even thirty years after the movie's release. Plus, it has one of the best queues around, it's family friendly, and it's just all-around great. They just need to keep the ride elements and AAs polished and looking nice :thumbs:

I'd agree. I also think ET has one of the best queue atmoshpheres in the ENTIRE PARK. I used to think it was the Dueling Dragons queue but since that has been altered from the boy wiard ET has the best overall queue. From telling false names to being in there with ET's smell and darkness is quite a great break from the heat. It's one of the rides that actually calms you down and allows one to enjoy the ride and elements and add ons involved ! I hope they dont do anything but fix a few things. Love the ride.

That was only half of Lost Continent's entirety. :thumbs:

True, but it was the entirety of the Merlinwood section of the Lost Continent. While I certainly acknowledge that Lost Continent still exists, one of the three separately themed sections that make up the island was sacrificed to create the WWoHP. I suppose in this case its just a matter of how you look at it.

I would venture to say that ET Adventure belongs in the 'new' family friendly Universal...I would argue that it was less safe a few years ago when Universal was in it's identity crisis stage..I also believe that ET is a movie that has become a tradition around many households to pass along from generation to generation. I do agree that some would say that BTTF and Jaws are as well, but this is not necessarily true for everyone. I myself saw both films relatively young and loved them, but for the average family this is not the case. I'm all for it staying, but good Lord update the thing..