E.T. Adventure | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's definitely trippy and all the mini ET's creep me out.

PS My friend and I went to Universal last October and it was her first time at the parks. She totally didn't want to ride E.T. as she's had a fear of him since she was little. I ended up dragging her on and she said it was scarier than HHN.

yeah whats up with girls being scared of E.T.?

Thanks! I will be on the look out for that when i visit in October. Man, you guys are giving me a lot of tips for my trip.

- Blue water bottles in IOA receives free refills in Three Broomsticks (no butterbeer though) and elsewhere in the parks
- Look in the kitchen window of 3B for some extra magic
- Photo ops for E.T.

I think I may need a thread of what to look out for in IOA/UNI that I may have missed previously LOL.

Thanks! I will be on the look out for that when i visit in October. Man, you guys are giving me a lot of tips for my trip.

- Blue water bottles in IOA receives free refills in Three Broomsticks (no butterbeer though) and elsewhere in the parks
- Look in the kitchen window of 3B for some extra magic
- Photo ops for E.T.

I think I may need a thread of what to look out for in IOA/UNI that I may have missed previously LOL.

Here is the other one...

img0247wc.jpg

Anyone see Super 8? Those explosions were bad-ass. And the movie was pretty solid. If something were to replace E.T. I could see it being Super 8 based. The feel of the movies fit rather well together and I would love to see a ride based on that. I could even outline scenes that would fit in E.T.s but I won't spoil the movie for people since it just came out.

I was thinking that the whole time I was watching it. I'm glad you suggested it so I don't have to take the heat:lol: But a lot of things could be reused to fit it and :spoiler: The alien animatronic would be superb and terrifying. And instead of E.T.s home planet we could go in to the underground lair! :end spoiler:

I dont think it will have the lasting power ET had. Super 8 will not be talked about much in 30 years.

Actually, it may not be talked about in the next 30 days, nevermind 30 years.

I still haven't seen Super 8 but I really want to. I should just go and see it myself and not wait for anyone to say they want to come along.

Regarding Super 8, it doesn't really matter at all if the source material won't be remembered when building an attraction. If the attraction is made well enough, it will be remembered even more than its source material.

Waterworld is a good example of this. The movie flopped at the box office and no one really cares about it today, yet the show at USH still brings in crowds. Because the show was so popular, it was eventually cloned to USJ and more recently, USS. In addition, if USSK goes through, plans call for Waterworld to be cloned there as well.

I also brought this up in the Despicable Me thread, but another example is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The movie was not popular, even in the 50's. But Walt Disney knew that the idea of riding around recklessly, like Mr. Toad himself, was excellent for a theme park. Since it was built, it remains a Disneyland classic to this day.

Yet another example is Splash Mountain. Disney has refused to rerelease the movie Song of the South in the United States, but Splash Mountain remains a popular attraction regardless.

And there are tons of other examples out there as well.

(However, I personally wouldn't want a Super 8 ride to replace E.T.)

While I don't agree with replacing ET with Super 8 (Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOOVED Super 8) I think that your idea takes advantage of a loophole in Steven's contract. Would he be upset if they replaced ET Adventure with one of his newer properties, Super 8??? ( technically it is one of his properties, he produced it)

While I don't agree with replacing ET with Super 8 (Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOOVED Super 8) I think that your idea takes advantage of a loophole in Steven's contract. Would he be upset if they replaced ET Adventure with one of his newer properties, Super 8??? ( technically it is one of his properties, he produced it)

He would most likely still be. E.T. Adventure is something that is very personal to Spielberg. He automatically loved the idea of park guests stepping into Elliot's role and flying off on bikes the moment he heard/thought of it.

guys, ET is in kids zone. a super 8 attraction would not fit in a at all in that area. how many little kids are going to want to ride it anyway?

ET is good the way it is ( could use a refurb) and I for one do not want to see Super 8 or anything like it coming to Universal.

Super 8 is doing well..but not doing great. As of right now it seems like it will be more of a well recieved movie and a cult favorite/classic on home video for fans of fun movies and throwbacks to the days of films like The Goonies and Monster Squad.

The likelyhood is it will not even do as well as the War of The Worlds remake which is already kind of forgotten. To be considered to be made into a theme park attraction, you got to have some amazing financial earnings. Especially anymore when so much is pumped out. Universal is not going to shell into another studio company's library for something only well received in finances.

ET is on the list of ALL TIME high grosses, even with inflation it is close to cinematic trumpers like Gone With The Wind. I really really really enjoyed Super 8 but it was a throwback to good movies and was well executed and fun itself. I hope the best of it and that studios make more films like it since it was a lot of fun and well written/directed, but come on. Be serious.