E3 2018 | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Allow me to say this, and I hope I bring no offense...but what exactly do you mean by not watching the Sony conference, because "they have exclusives?"

To me, and I apologize if it comes that way, but it seems a bit...shall I say, egotistical and biased? Is it really that impossible to enjoy something that while, may not be something you have, that you can respect and give acknowledgement where it can be given?

I apologize if I'm rude, but I get a bad vibe from this element of the post.

That said, they seem to focus on first/second party this year, with first party bringing TLoU, DS, Tsushima, Spidey; and Second Party shown with Resident Evil 2 (Remake), a new game made by the creators of Accounting VR, and a few more.
Yeah, it's biased. I am in no way trying to be "unbiased" with these conference reviews, these are my personal thoughts.

I don't own a PS4 nor do I plan to ever own one, so I don't care about hearing about Sony's announcements for games I probably won't play for a very long time. (Also that Ubisoft conference just tired me out with how bad it was, I didn't feel like sitting through a 90 minute I-don't-care spectacular.)

I watched the Microsoft conference because I know that all or almost all of the games shown are games that I can play on my PC. Isn't there a PC gamer show? I'm new to watching these conferences, so I'm not sure if that's a thing.

So far my favorite conference was Bethesda, just due to how many titles they showed that I cared about, plus they had the most down to earth showing, it felt like that whole presentation was for the fans.

Microsoft was also a great conference, but I cared a bit less about their titles. I absolutely LOVED how they just went from trailer to trailer, it felt like it almost never slowed down.

Ubisoft was the worst presentation on a presentation scale, AND I didn't give a darn about just about everything they showed.

With everything shown, as of yet, The Last of Us Part II has stolen the show for me. It was always going to because the first instalment is my favourite game of all time, but the trailer and gameplay just looks unrivalled by anything else shown off, for me. Not here, but I have seen some people on other sites laying in to it because it is a platform game, of sorts. I actually think open world can be ridiculously boring at times. I'd rather have a densely populated platform game that really is phenomenal than an open world that lacks character any day of the week.

Fallout 76 does look great and I am a big Fallout fan but I am very interested to see how the MMO style works. It does put me off a little because I enjoy exploring the wasteland on my own, doing it at my own pace. It is a game I will usually play out over 6 months to a year, going in and out of it while other titles come out. The idea of building up a base and it getting nuked by some kid kind of doesn't sit good with me. I trust Bethesda though and hopefully this will be fun.

Some excellent surprises like Dying Light 2 and Gears 5. Halo Infinite could be interesting but only if they do something new with the franchise that keeps it exciting. Only so many covenant you can fight without it getting boring. Control could be interesting even if only due to the fact it is made by Remedy and Alan Wake and Max Payne were fantastic (Quantum Break not so much). Ghost of Tsushima caught my attention too but I'm hoping the gameplay footage was pre-alpha because it looked like someone had just put a photoshop motion blur filter over the entire thing.

I was always excited for Spider Man, but that gameplay trailer sent the excitement levels through the roof. I had a lot of fun with the Spider Man 2 game so this looks like a sequel to that almost. The Spider Man 3 game wasn’t even close. I’m glad it’s coming out fairly soon too.

Can’t wait for Nintendo today!

I was always excited for Spider Man, but that gameplay trailer sent the excitement levels through the roof. I had a lot of fun with the Spider Man 2 game so this looks like a sequel to that almost. The Spider Man 3 game wasn’t even close. I’m glad it’s coming out fairly soon too.

Can’t wait for Nintendo today!

Spider-man does look great. Hopefully lives up to it because it has so much potential

Upon further thinking, I think I may of cracked what Death Stranding is, in a way.

To put it bluntly, it's carrying the sins & souls of those departed to their final resting place. And to be a bit more explaining, we play Sam Bridges, a delivery man, assigned with the tasks to deliver the souls and sin's of the departed, albeit for whatever the reason, to their final resting place. And the game's major mechanic, revolves similar to a game from a few years back, named UNDERTALE.

I think we will see the game give you the choices that you make, can determine the outcome of the world itself. You can be a peaceful force, or destructive, carrying more and more sins to eventually become something inhuman. And when you kill or hurt, it can have an impact on the world around you, perhaps lesser amounts of individuals, the environment's deteriorating because of lack of maintenance, or even more of those "linked" souls as I call them, adding even more difficulty to your game.

That to me, is what I'm starting to think what Kojima's Death Standing truly is. Almost like a Negative MGS in how it presents itself, and it's message.

Reactions: Joshua Porter
Upon further thinking, I think I may of cracked what Death Stranding is, in a way.

To put it bluntly, it's carrying the sins & souls of those departed to their final resting place. And to be a bit more explaining, we play Sam Bridges, a delivery man, assigned with the tasks to deliver the souls and sin's of the departed, albeit for whatever the reason, to their final resting place. And the game's major mechanic, revolves similar to a game from a few years back, named UNDERTALE.

I think we will see the game give you the choices that you make, can determine the outcome of the world itself. You can be a peaceful force, or destructive, carrying more and more sins to eventually become something inhuman. And when you kill or hurt, it can have an impact on the world around you, perhaps lesser amounts of individuals, the environment's deteriorating because of lack of maintenance, or even more of those "linked" souls as I call them, adding even more difficulty to your game.

That to me, is what I'm starting to think what Kojima's Death Standing truly is. Almost like a Negative MGS in how it presents itself, and it's message.

I think you may be right, but each new trailer gives us so many new questions. I can’t even theorize anymore.

Before I drop the link for the Direct, here are my ranking for conferences as follow

Rankings
EA - 4/10
Micro - 8.5/10
Beth - 7/10
Square - 6.5/10
Ubisoft - 7.5/10
Sony - 8/10 (Technical issues make it below Microsoft for me)

And without further ado...

If you want to follow Kinda Funny, Easy Allies, or your's truly, here are some links of live reactors coming into play.

The Game Bay - E3 Showcase (This reaction will include me, and @Joe)

Kinda Funny - E3 Reactions

Easy Allies - E3 Reactions
__
Twitch had it in the schedule at about 45 minutes, so keep that into perspective for today. And that the Nintendo Treehouse right after that should begin immediately with Super Smash Bros.

Reactions: Magic-Man
To me that was classic Sony. Phoning in the conference because they know they have the sales lead and having a crappy format you just know was forced by some out of touch executive.

So no big new announcements and also no news on games like Yoshi. Ridley in Smash is the only Metroid news we got. Imo they focused way too much on Smash and too little on anything else. I like my single player games.

This may have been longer than last year but last year’s was way better.

Once again, WHERE THE HELL IS RETRO’S GAME!!!

Reactions: Magic-Man