Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the week that I would have vacationed at Universal. It was my tentative date, though I had not booked it since I was leery of CV issues. I just checked the weather and it looks like mid 80's and sunny for what would have been a 'perfect weather' vacation. Here in Pittsburgh it's Eskimo cold. :(

Bob, blink three times if your grandma is holding you hostage in her living room and need help.

Not to double post but,
This is the week that I would have vacationed at Universal. It was my tentative date, though I had not booked it since I was leery of CV issues. I just checked the weather and it looks like mid 80's and sunny for what would have been a 'perfect weather' vacation. Here in Pittsburgh it's Eskimo cold. :(
There are lovebugs EVERYWHERE.... like it’s almost impossible to sit outside bad. If that helps at all.

Edit: thanks to whoever fixed that for me, I was being lazy

Last edited:
Is this the first time he’s spoken since becoming CEO?

I can’t remember an interview or even a statement from him since he took the reins.
They’re still trying to figure out how to tell him that the succession planning list forwarded to HR was put into the fax machine upside down.

Reactions: Tristan
As of a little over a week ago the plan was to "be ready" to open today, that was pushed back twice now. My understanding is they're behind with getting supplies.

I've been working some of the logistics for getting cleaning/PPE supplies at my plant for our turnaround (~300-500 extra people on site for a month) and it's a nightmare. I can't even imagine trying to get enough supplies for a theme park in this environment.

I've been working some of the logistics for getting cleaning/PPE supplies at my plant for our turnaround (~300-500 extra people on site for a month) and it's a nightmare. I can't even imagine trying to get enough supplies for a theme park in this environment.

Not to mention food and beverages that are still in good dates.

I know when we got word of restaurants closing, my work cancelled all kegs we had on order and cut our orders on packages that mostly sold on-premise.

We’re just now starting to look forward to what we’re going to need once things re-open.

Supply chains are going to be a mess for a good month or so in a lot of industries.

I am really tired of the cold and the Mother Nature's bi-polar episodes this spring. I don't like the cold anyway. The funny thing is that we gain 15 degrees for expected highs from Wednesday to Thursday. Today, it's 48 degrees and Saturday could see 80 degrees.

I am really tired of the cold and the Mother Nature's bi-polar episodes this spring. I don't like the cold anyway. The funny thing is that we gain 15 degrees for expected highs from Wednesday to Thursday. Today, it's 48 degrees and Saturday could see 80 degrees.
Yes, finally burn some of that CV away with heat, moisture and UV rays....Now we know why the ancient's worshiped "Sun gods", to help kill those epidemics ....................plus put me in a good mood. :) The hammock awaits.

This would certainly shake up the movie industry but I have to think where Amazon took Whole Foods. Not much change except pricing.

And employees hating their life now. Amazon is notorious for treating their workers poorly.

We are in the same boat. Bulk hand sanitizer has been rough to find unless you are ok with $1300 55 gallon drums. lol

There's going to be a slew of acquisitions, many of them entertainment & travel oriented, in the next year or so, since many can/will be had at bargain prices. Successful companies and investors are posturing now. A local example, PNC Bank in Pgh. just publicly stated that they are selling off some of their investment interests so they can stockpile cash for new acquisitions at bargain prices. The vultures are getting ready to swoop in since there's many corporations and investment firms that have not been negatively affected by this downturn, and have the ability to acquire assets at ridiculously low interest lending rates and prices..

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, this nickname has definitely not aged well. There was a time when I loved winter but once I quit skiing my tolerance quickly waned. I guess I hold onto it for irony's sake.
I used to love winter, and would cross country ski extensively, not only our own trails and mountainous areas in Pa. , but trips to Vermont & upper state NY also. My mom always told me, just wait until you get older, you'll hate the cold and winter. Mom was sooooo right. :lol:

Reactions: SkiBum and JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.