Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Put emphasis on style of water ride. They are not both large flume rides. They are 2 different types of water rides in the industry with one being a chute the chutes and the other being a flume. They both offer different thrill levels as well as different levels of wetness. Also, aside from being the means of transportation in a dark ride, there is a very large reason why there is no 100 percent indoor water rides in all of FLA and not just UOR. As a matter of fact, with the exception of indoor parks, I cannot think of one park that has a completely indoor water ride, period.
Which is why is said aside from being the means of transport. All those mentioned are using water as a means of transport in a dark ride. You can change water to trackless vehicles or an omnimover system and little to nothing will change about the ride experience as water/boat were merely the means of transport. In my opinion, water rides are meant to get you wet and those are the rides we are talking about here.
As another poster already pointed out, there are numerous indoor water rides in Florida already, and some of them get you wet or have an indoor drop. I get why you want to make the distinction between using water as a means of physical conveyance for the vehicle vs the water actually being used to get riders wet, but I think a ride can use that conveyance for aesthetic and narrative reasons without needing to get riders wet. I'm well aware of the differences between the ride systems of Dudley's and JP River, but regardless of that neither's existence precludes Universal from making another ride with a similar drop at Epic which can differentiate itself from their lineup. I'd even go as far as to argue they need to add water rides to USF as well; it hasn't been the same since Jaws left. Also, bringing the discussion back to my initial post, I was speculating on what style of water ride this hypothetical Black Lagoon ride would be, and I just wanted to say it could work tonally and narratively for a lot of different styles (indoor like Pirates or outdoor like JP).

A ride like that but themed to Pokemon Snap would be fun as well. No VR/AR headsets. Just old fashioned shooting gallery using animatronics and screens

Which is why is said aside from being the means of transport. All those mentioned are using water as a means of transport in a dark ride. You can change water to trackless vehicles or an omnimover system and little to nothing will change about the ride experience as water/boat were merely the means of transport. In my opinion, water rides are meant to get you wet and those are the rides we are talking about here.

Well two do have drops and could get you west if you wanted. But also, I am pretty sure when people are saying indoor water they mean like Pirates style ride with the new boats you can control more. I don't think they are looking for a Dudley that is inside.

I think Epic needs a least one more high intensity coaster. Right now it's Stardust and a bunch of "family coasters". Another Velocicoaster type would be a huge draw.
This is my biggest want outside of Creature and Luigi. IoA has 3 (Hagrids, Hulk, Velocicoatser) and Studios has 1 (Rip Ride Rockit). Make Epic a middle ground at 2! I don’t know how much space there is for a fifth portal but it would probably need to go with that IP since the others will have coasters and HP would probably be the weirdest place to have a thrill coaster.

Speaking of, I really want a second attraction at HP. I don’t count shows because I don’t go to them and if Monsters can have an E-ticket dark ride but also a solid coaster, HP can get some to big extra, too.

This is my biggest want outside of Creature and Luigi. IoA has 3 (Hagrids, Hulk, Velocicoatser) and Studios has 1 (Rip Ride Rockit). Make Epic a middle ground at 2! I don’t know how much space there is for a fifth portal but it would probably need to go with that IP since the others will have coasters and HP would probably be the weirdest place to have a thrill coaster.

Speaking of, I really want a second attraction at HP. I don’t count shows because I don’t go to them and if Monsters can have an E-ticket dark ride but also a solid coaster, HP can get some to big extra, too.
A LOTR, Eagles themed Wing or FLyer have potential

Why are people underestimating Hiccup’s Wing Gliders? The land of HTTYD is absolutely beautiful, and this will take us through said land. Plus 2 themed scenes. It’s shorter Hagrid’s imo, not “less” Hagrid’s.

Why are people underestimating Hiccup’s Wing Gliders? The land of HTTYD is absolutely beautiful, and this will take us through said land. Plus 2 themed scenes. It’s shorter Hagrid’s imo, not “less” Hagrid’s.
HWG doesn't have any tricks like Hagrids does. No backwards section, no drop tracks, no motorbike seats. It's kind of the most generic thing in the park. That's not to say it won't be fun, but it's nothing special.

Why are people underestimating Hiccup’s Wing Gliders? The land of HTTYD is absolutely beautiful, and this will take us through said land. Plus 2 themed scenes. It’s shorter Hagrid’s imo, not “less” Hagrid’s
People(I) want Velocicoaster and Hagrid had a baby, not Hagrid and Hippogriff had a baby.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
This is nowhere near Hippogriff. Not a fair comparison. Also a family land doesn’t need a Velocicoaster, needs a more family Hagrid’s which this feels like.
I think the discussion was about a new coaster in the next land. Hiccup is fine in the context of HTTYD. VC clearly wouldn't fit there.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The question I'm going to be having for the next several years is what will be the last expansion for Nintendo at this park using whatever remaining space is left over after Luigi's Mansion is built.

I really wish that Donkey Kong area was designed in a way that allowed it to have a more contiguous extension of the land, because I think the world of that IP has more potential to offer and that it could also use more capacity. Of course I'm just being biased here because I want my cartoon crocodiles back and for there to be a DK restaurant thats a knockoff Rainforest Cafe. lol

The question I'm going to be having for the next several years is what will be the last expansion for Nintendo at this park using whatever remaining space is left over after Luigi's Mansion is built.

I really wish that Donkey Kong area was designed in a way that allowed it to have a more contiguous extension of the land, because I think the world of that IP has more potential to offer and that it could also use more capacity. Of course I'm just being biased here because I want my cartoon crocodiles back and for there to be a DK restaurant thats a knockoff Rainforest Cafe. lol
For the expansion pad LM is going in, I think that will be it space wise. What little space you have left will probably be for backstage areas.

For the expansion pad LM is going in, I think that will be it space wise. What little space you have left will probably be for backstage areas.
I can't imagine that Luigi's Mansion will come even close to using the entire space of that expansion pad. It could probably take up half the space at most, but I could see it using less than that.

I can't imagine that Luigi's Mansion will come even close to using the entire space of that expansion pad. It could probably take up half the space at most, but I could see it using less than that.
I saw a map of EU that Perspective Coot posted a couple of pages back when it listed the size of the EU expansion pads and the Nintendo pad came in about 7 acres. If they did manage the space well enough to allow a second attraction in addition to what we are currently rumored to get, would it still be LM or something else Nintendo related?

There's no way they give 7 acres to Luigi's Mansion for a shooting dark ride when the Mario and DK areas combined amount to 7.5 acres on that same map.

Im not saying that just because it would be kinda crazy to see a Luigi's Mansion land end up bigger than a Super Mario land, but also because the setting of this IP has all the action take place in the titular mansion. There really isn't much material in the series to pull from to build many structures other than a big haunted house.

Last edited:
If they were to add one more section to section in the expansion space, Super Mario Galaxy/The Comet Observatory would probably make the most sense. Yoshi's Island also could've worked if it wasn't already represented in the park.

This is my thinking too on what I would guess they would go for. Mario Galaxy hits that sweet spot of being incredibly iconic to the IP while also offering distinct locations and characters that havent yet been covered outside of a couple easter eggs in the main area. If you have the main area plus a jungle mini land and a spooky mini land, then a space mini land kinda fits right in and rounds out the experience.

There also aren't any Mario adjacent properties left that I think make sense to hold a mini land. The Yoshi series could've justified one but they covered it with Yoshi's Adventure in the main land. I don't feel that spinoffs for other Mario characters like Wario or Peach make sense either because they dont hit that same level of popularity and recognition that the likes of Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, and Luigi's Mansion have.