Epic Universe Preview Center | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Preview Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I disagree a model is not a good way to get photos on social media. I have seen some fantastic photos that almost show what the park will look like once there. I think the model is perfect for photos and social media advertising. Sure taking from a distance is not the best, but the close ups people have gotten are amazing.

When was the IOA preview centers open? I was there in December of 1998 and I don't remember visiting it if I did. I remember some construction at the time and knew there was another park being built based on that. But I don't know that we went into the preview center. If I did I surely don't remember it and I doubt anyone who did remembers it that well. So in the end does it matter? Not really. It is a tool for people to know a park is coming who visit the existing parks. I think it did that well.
Ironically, the thing I remember MOST from the IoA preview center…

Is the model.

The amount of merchandise being sold from the Nintendo section is quite mesmerizing. Universal will get its money back on construction costs for Epic back in a year lol

People really love the model (almost like people really love physical experiences and not stare at a screens all day lol), and the center seems to be doing the job.
Cause people in the Orlando area can't wait for Nintendo and have been waiting for almost a decade lol.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Finally! Nintendo merch in Orlando! :heart: :heart:

Picked up my Boo Headband and SNW pin tonight. The whole line of merch looks incredible! Somewhat surprised that Toad merch is currently non-existent, while smaller enemies like Bob-Omb, Lakitu, and Shy Guy got some love! I know a friend that is a bit bummed that the Yoshi shirt is Orange haha.

Bride is on the Dark Universe merch, so I wonder if this is a good sign for her being on the Frankenstein Experiment ride? I feel like she'd be a shoe-in, but there was a time when some insiders were saying they hadn't heard about them being in it. Don't know if that's still the case or not!

The model was very crowded, and it's a big thing so lots of eyes on this park right now. Model itself looks really great!

Finally! Nintendo merch in Orlando! :heart: :heart:

Picked up my Boo Headband and SNW pin tonight. The whole line of merch looks incredible! Somewhat surprised that Toad merch is currently non-existent, while smaller enemies like Bob-Omb, Lakitu, and Shy Guy got some love! I know a friend that is a bit bummed that the Yoshi shirt is Ora nge haha.

Bride is on the Dark Universe merch, so I wonder if this is a good sign for her being on the Frankenstein Experiment ride? I feel like she'd be a shoe-in, but there was a time when some insiders were saying they hadn't heard about them being in it. Don't know if that's still the case or not!

The model was very crowded, and it's a big thing so lots of eyes on this park right now. Model itself looks really great!
that's a good theory on the bride, I really hope she's part of it. but universal has merch for her during Halloween all the time so who knows.
I hope so but maybe she's not in it.

Yoshi shirt being orange is absolutely not bueno :D

it felt like a museum display, not like a store. reminded me of a museum. the little buildings are cool but wish they were bigger. hard to take good pics. nothing worth sharing. nothing looked good on pics
it's cool but kind of hard to see, kind of hard to make out some stuff.

Last edited: